Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time (1237 Views)

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Those Who Love Novels / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time by afroxyz: 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hi nairalanders, please i am in a dilemma. Is it possible to write more than 2 novels at the same time. I am currently working on one but am tempted to start another so that i would not lose the ideas, plots etc after finishing the first one. How possible is this. Is it possible to switch from one story to another?
Re: Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time by LarrySun(m): 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
I'm also having the same problem. I guess it's quite possible. But writing twÓ stories at a time would slow you down.
Re: Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time by Enoquin(f): 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
Why not get a book and jot down the ideas for the second one as they come. That's what I do for my novel and screenplays. I use my phone especially if I am not close to my task book. I hated the idea before but I found out that in the long run it was better for me.
Re: Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time by thiscounts(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2011
It is possible,but I know for sure as the stories keep flowing one would catch your attention more and at d end you would channel all your energy to it and leave the second one for another time.It is always better to focuse more on one at a time.The result is always better.
Re: Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time by dumodust(m): 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2011
Yes!
Re: Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time by emofine(f): 9:54am On Dec 03, 2011
afroxyz:

Hi nairalanders, please i am in a dilemma. Is it possible to write more than 2 novels at the same time. I am currently working on one but am tempted to start another so that i would not lose the ideas, plots etc after finishing the first one. How possible is this. Is it possible to switch from one story to another?

It is quite possible and perhaps you can even gain some ideas from one novel which could then influence your other novel. However if one is not careful they may end up muddling up some themes/concepts of the two novels if they write them at the same time.
Like others before me have suggested; since you already have a fountain of ideas concerning more than one novel, it may serve you better if you collected such ideas for the particular novel you are not currently planning on writing. Thus once you have completed one novel you may proceed to pen the other with now hopefully a fresh mind and not a divided attention.
Your written notes will serve as a reference to you so you wouldn't have forgotten what you intended to compose.
Like Larry-Sun has said, writing two at the same time would potentially slow you down.

Good luck on both your novels.

P.s. I would like to spy the synopsis of one of your tales if you're so willing of course smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time by afroxyz: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2011
No prob. Post ur email and i wld give u a short narrative

(1) (Reply)

A Love From Above / We Are Able / Conspiracy Of Lagos: A New Novel By Bisi Daniels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.