Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims (632 Views)

Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? / Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Omooba77: 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a special exchange rate for this year’s Christian pilgrimage to Israel.The Executive Secretary, the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission, Mr. John Kennedy-Opara, disclosed this to State House correspondents shortly after briefing the President of the commission’s activities inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.Kennedy-Opara said Buhari has approved the rate of N160 to $1 for those who will take part in the exercise.He said, “The President has approved $1 to N160 for the conventional exchange rate for this pilgrimage operation and he also agreed that he will continue to encourage us particularly as we drive to ensure self-sustenance, to make sure that the pilgrims are able to pay for the pilgrimages after removing government sponsorship.“This is a journey and we are sure that we are going to succeed. So the President was very happy with the entire process.“We are praying that God will help us to be a source of strength to Mr. President, so that the Federal government and states will spend the necessary resources on other things while the pilgrimage is self-funding as time goes on.”Kennedy-Opara said the President was happy with commission after his presentation.He said the commission was already running four different kinds of pilgrimages in one year.He listed them to include Easter pilgrimage; the youth pilgrimage tagged “Operation catch them young”; the family pilgrimage and the main pilgrimage.He said those going to Israel for the 11 days trip will pay N379,840, while the youth pilgrimage will cost N357,000.“The beauty of what we are doing is that we have added skill acquisition. In other words, people who go on pilgrimage can undergo the skill acquisition programme organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission and Ministry of Agriculture, Israel to train our people in the area of agriculture.“We are also introducing the pilgrimage pilot lottery scheme that will enable people who are lucky to be able to go on this trip without much dependence on the state and the Federal Government,” he added.
http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-approves-n160-to-1-for-christian-pilgrims/[i][/i]
Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by feldido(m): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ok oo... How have all these pilgrimages helped Nigeria? undecided
We just de wastes our resources on useless things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by INTROVERT(f): 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by fatdon2(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
I smell fraud.
Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Seun(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
He's doing his best to convince us that he's not biased against Southerners or Christians. Kudos to the effort.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Omooba77: 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
I want to go for Ph.D,hope government will allow me to do #160 to $1 too
Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Omooba77: 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
Seun:
He's doing his best to convince us that he's not biased against Southerners or Christians. Kudos to the effort.

Yea oh,I smell the land owner.....
Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by shapoh(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by tuscani: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
but why.the hawks will mis use the oppurtunity. i mean theblack marketeers
Re: Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims by Omooba77: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nigeria will always be great!

(1) (Reply)

.......... / Whats The Danger Of Dating Your Ex-unbeliever Girl Friend That Truly Loves You / Speaking Through Disappointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.