Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing (823 Views)

Please Nairalanders How Real Is This Interview Invitation? / Please Nairalanders Is Aiico Insurance Real?? / Partner Relations Officer- PRO At Uk4africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Abduletudaye(m): 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
Evening all. Hows ya day been? Anyway, i write this with pain in my heart not because i want it but because it seems to be what people want.

I intend to start applying for marketing roles. sadEither Direct Sales Agent or Direct Sales Executive. I will wanna give it a shot as it looks like other jobs aint forth coming. cry

So please guys, i wanna know how to marketing products for a bank for instance. Lets say a savings bank account.

I dont have prior knowlegde of marketing. In fact, i am a total novice. Please what are the things i need to know?? Kindly assist.

Please note: i dont have the job yet but i wanna start applying.
Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by madgoat(m): 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
Google it grin
Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Obeenah(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
It's not an easy role but once you get the jerk you would love it. Key things you need to know:

1:always know your product or service. Even though you might be given an induction. From personal experience going into the field is a totally different game. However when you know your product of service then that's a good start.

2: prepare for a lot of rejection but never let it get to you. You will need that I tell you.

3: don't just choose any marketing job, ve sure you take up a marketing job in an industry you like or have interest in.

4: mist marketing jobs don't pay much. Except you are working for a multinational. So be sure you are working with the mindset if a builder and not to make quick money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Abduletudaye(m): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
madgoat:
Google it grin

Your moniker gives me great concern..
Am sorry.undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Abduletudaye(m): 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Obeenah:
It's not an easy role but once you get the jerk you would love it. Key things you need to know:

1:always know your product or service. Even though you might be given an induction. From personal experience going into the field is a totally different game. However when you know your product of service then that's a good start.

2: prepare for a lot of rejection but never let it get to you. You will need that I tell you.

3: don't just choose any marketing job, ve sure you take up a marketing job in an industry you like or have interest in.

4: mist marketing jobs don't pay much. Except you are working for a multinational. So be sure you are working with the mindset if a builder and not to make quick money.

Thanks alot Obi smiley..

But since i dont have a flair for marketing, am going into it regardless. I just wanna know if i would survive still.
Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
You can only become a pro with experience, so get the job first....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Abduletudaye(m): 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
MarvellousGod:
You can only become a pro with experience, so get the job first....

Thanks...but i dont have the skill.

Do you feel i will survive regardless?
Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Thanks...but i dont have the skill.

Do you feel i will survive regardless?
I can't answer whether you'll survive or not.. you can only know that by trying. ..

You don't have the skills, what skills? Being able to convince people? Boldness? High tolerance? good communication and interpersonal skills??

Or you don't just have flair for marketing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Abduletudaye(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I can't answer whether you'll survive or not.. you can only know that by trying. ..

You don't have the skills, what skills? Being able to convince people? Boldness? High tolerance? good communication and interpersonal skills??

Or you don't just have flair for marketing?

I dont have the flair but i wanna try. Am not sure i can convince.. Im not so much of a slick talker or what do you think?
Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Abduletudaye:

I dont have the flair but i wanna try. Am not sure i can convince.. Im not so much of a slick talker or what do you think?
A trial will answer all questions so I think you should give it a shot and see how it goes....

Just have in mind that marketing is challenging just like many other jobs... All d best..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Abduletudaye(m): 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
MarvellousGod:
A trial will answer all questions so I think you should give it a shot and see how it goes....

Just have in mind that marketing is challenging just like many other jobs... All d best..

Thanks Dear....i appreciate. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by madgoat(m): 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Your moniker gives me great concern..
Am sorry.undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Please Nairalanders, How Do I Become A Pro At Marketing by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Thanks Dear....i appreciate. smiley
You're welcome. You hv nothing to lose, you can quit if it doesn't go down well...

But never be scared of trying out new stuffs smiley

(1) (Reply)

Fisancol Transcontinental Services Limited Job Vacancies / Urgent Vacancy / How Can A Recent Graduate Be Recruited For Internship In An Oil And Gas Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.