Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name (1087 Views)

The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2015
my name is adewumi ayobami guess you smell royalty, well if you are proud of your name be you Hausa,Igbo or any tribe please tell us the full meaning of your name it will be fun to know the meaning of Igbo names and other tribes we all admire
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 14, 2015

FREEMAN DAVID

No middle name...

South south...
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 14, 2015
Mine is Tochi, which loosely translates to "Give God praise" or "Thank God"

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 14, 2015
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by kossyablaze(m): 7:14am On Jul 14, 2015
Kosisochukwu.......How God wants it!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Redoil: 7:15am On Jul 14, 2015
Mine means sile12 or egusisoup or eroticangelina or tundeajani
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by kossyablaze(m): 7:15am On Jul 14, 2015
misssclassy:
Jesu....echem n'ibu onye Yoruba?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 14, 2015
misssclassy:
Full-name is Tochichukwu right?
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 14, 2015
Redoil:
Redoil:
Redoil:

you are not serious oh lolx
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2015
Freemanan:

Full-name is Tochichukwu right?

No, chi and chukwu mean the same thing. So it either ends with chi or chukwu.

Where I am from, we prefer to use "chi," and chi sounds more feminine.
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 14, 2015
kossyablaze:
Jesu....echem n'ibu onye Yoruba?

Mba. Abum full blooded Igbo.
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2015
misssclassy:

No, chi and chukwu mean the same thing. So it either ends with chi or chukwu.

Where I am from, we prefer to use "chi," and chi sounds more feminine.
That's true...

Ndi Agbani?
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 14, 2015
Freemanan:
That's true...
Ndi Agbani?
No, Umuahia.
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 14, 2015
misssclassy:

No, Umuahia.
Okay.. Same in some part of Enugu...
Cool
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by ShakurM(m): 7:28am On Jul 14, 2015
Mine is 'Owo' Money, which means a medium that can be exchanged for goods and services and is used as a measure of their values on the market, including among its forms a commodity such as gold, an officially issued coin or note, or a deposit in a checking account or other readily liquefiable account. cool
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by efepro(m): 7:36am On Jul 14, 2015
Name: Efe Meaning: Wealth/Riches
Origin: Edo/Delta

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 14, 2015
Name: Onyekachi.
Meaning: who is greater than God?...is there anyone?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by softvio(m): 9:18am On Jul 14, 2015
misssclassy:

great to know ,mine is Ifeanyi(chukwu) meaning "nothing is harder to God"

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by kossyablaze(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2015
misssclassy:

Mba. Abum full blooded Igbo.
ka anyi kpaa na FB na.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by OluwaChinenyenwa: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2015
My name is Ifeoluwa.. Someone should tell me the meaning
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2015
OluwaChinenyenwa:

My name is Ifeoluwa.. Someone should tell me the meaning
that should be "love of God" cute name dear.
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Allsmyles(f): 1:24am On Jul 15, 2015
I'm Sochimaechi ..only God knows tomoro

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by leederrty1997: 4:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Opemipo in Yoruba land means "I have to thank God a lot".

For Nigerian histories, culture and traditions, legends, places and lifestyle in the 70s: visit www.oldnaija. and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by Rehil(f): 5:52am On Jul 15, 2015
Chat=love in Atyap.Kaduna state
Re: Tell Us The Full Meaning Of Your Tribal Name by UnknownT: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2015
Onyemaechi Onyemauwa Echidime

(1) (Reply)

Feminism: A Wrong Perception Of Equality – Uchegbu Ndubuisi / See The Dos And Don’ts At Eyo Festival 2017 / Tension In Kwale/okpai Over The Killing Of A Crocodile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.