Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Comparative Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comparative Religion (1792 Views)

Why Nairalanders Lose Faith On The Religion Section Easily / Comparative Lecture: Acadip Storm Lagos Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
No offense intended to abuse christianity, or the christians in general, am confused with the way christians believe in three gods (a)god the father (b)the son (c)and the holy spirit isn't it, okay (atigbur) then when jesus was on planet earth, who is the father, and who is the son, since u call jesus your heavenly father, so jesus came from heaven just to get beaten and bullied by the unbelievers, and went back to heaven to sit on his throne, okay if jesus is the ALMIGTHY GOD, while he was on the cross of calvary why did he say God should 4give them cuz they don't know what they are doing, any small thing jesus, jeezuz, see let me tell u people, jesus christ is crying that the christians misquoted him, and take him more seriously than the supreme GOD that created heaven and earth, (Allah swt, the first and the last, no begining no ending,ALMIGTHY GOD is incomparable with anything) jesus christ is indeed a servant of GOD, and not his son, take it or leave it...
Re: Comparative Religion by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
kiss
Re: Comparative Religion by DJ2HOT(m): 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
afeezmore:
No offense intended to abuse christianity, or the christians in general, am confused with the way christians believe in three gods (a)god the father (b)the son (c)and the holy spirit isn't it, okay (atigbur) then when jesus was on planet earth, who is the father, and who is the son, since u call jesus your heavenly father, so jesus came from heaven just to get beaten and bullied by the unbelievers, and went back to heaven to sit on his throne, okay if jesus is the ALMIGTHY GOD, while he was on the cross of calvary why did he say God should 4give them cuz they don't know what they are doing, any small thing jesus, jeezuz, see let me tell u people, jesus christ is crying that the christians misquoted him, and take him more seriously than the supreme GOD that created heaven and earth, (Allah swt, the first and the last, no begining no ending,ALMIGTHY GOD is incomparable with anything) jesus christ is indeed a servant of GOD, and not his son, take it or leave it...
bro leave matter if you don't kno it , ask for discerning spirit to understand God nd not be his lawyer ...the bible in the book of 1 Corinthians 2:1..will tend to your misunderstanding of Jesus mission here on earth
Re: Comparative Religion by menesheh(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
afeezmore:

Your last statement showed that you are a Muslim.
If you are more objective in your assessments of historical jesus, why not ask yourself, why there are many jesus claims of which you are aware that not only Christianity and Muslim lay such a claim. Many others did.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparative Religion by Demmzy15(m): 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Malvisguy212 see the post above me o! grin grin ^^^
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
in addition, some went as far as worshipping holy mary the mother of jesus, the catholics to be precised, did jesus tell u to worship mary? they wrote bible in their own hands, new testament and the old testament, removing some books from the bible,and adding what the bible does not teaches e.g 30 verses that contradict one another in the bible, GOD words does not contradict each other they are clear okay! one letter cannot be removed from the HOLY QURAN or added, it's impossible who wun face the wrath of (ALMIGTHY GOD), boko haram is not islam, even if they call theirselves believers in the name jihadding, (prophet muhammed saw) says love thy religion and obey all what it teaches and restrain from what it forbids, fine what am trying to say is that, boko haram are over doing their jihad, islam is peace, not by force o unless they try to harm the muslims then we can fight back, islam is the hybrid of christianity,anyway cuz islam believe in the cmg of jesus, all the prophet were mention in d quran even jesus
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
DJ2HOT:
bro leave matter if you don't kno it , ask for discerning spirit to understand God nd not be his lawyer ...the bible in the book of 1 Corinthians 2:1..will tend to your misunderstanding of Jesus mission here on earth
bro let me tell u, nobody can fight 4 GOD, am not telling u to leave ur religion, LOL dem dey tell person?, if u like follow devil self i wun answer ur query 4 u in d presents of ALMIGTHY GOD, i pray that you understand what u don't know, see let me tell you, GOD is a jealous GOD sometimes, u want to why? ok am gonna tell u, (suratul hinsan) GOD said, i created man,jinn even the angels 4 no reason than to worship me their creator) so u called jesus ur GOD, isn't that ingrate, sighs if men were GOD chai! we go hear weein, infact (ALLAH) is the most perfect,the most merciful, if GOD should judge we humans base on our deed, i don't think anybody will b on d earth surface, including me nd u, islam till i die GOD should 4give us all 4 our sins...amin..
Re: Comparative Religion by thorpido(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
If you don't understand,why don't you stick with what you know instead of just showing public ignorance?Who ever told you Christians believe in three Gods?
Let me ask you a question;is the light of the sun and the heat of the sun the same?If your answer is no,then the next question for you is;is the heat and the light of the same sun?

1 Like

Re: Comparative Religion by DJ2HOT(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
afeezmore:
bro let me tell u, nobody can fight 4 GOD, am not telling u to leave ur religion, LOL dem dey tell person?, if u like follow devil self i wun answer ur query 4 u in d presents of ALMIGTHY GOD, i pray that you understand what u don't know, see let me tell you, GOD is a jealous GOD sometimes, u want to why? ok am gonna tell u, (suratul hinsan) GOD said, i created man,jinn even the angels 4 no reason than to worship me their creator) so u called jesus ur GOD, isn't that ingrate, sighs if men were GOD chai! we go hear weein, infact (ALLAH) is the most perfect,the most merciful, if GOD should judge we humans base on our deed, i don't think anybody will b on d earth surface, including me nd u, islam till i die GOD should 4give us all 4 our sins...amin..
............ bro paddle your canoe wink too much argument on religious matter will only make out for blasphemy........its not compulsory we share the same faith or fate ..........my best man is a Muslim nd we've never discussed religious crosscarpetting despite sharing our innermost secrets....so how much more you a complete stranger tongue.......your faith makes you whole bro!!!!!.....but ye shal know the truth nd the truth shall make you free ........#peaceuntoyou# *salamualekun*

1 Like

Re: Comparative Religion by malvisguy212: 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
afeezmore:
who say God is three ? Christians believe in ONE God and this God has three personalities, just as a man has body , soul, and spirit. This verse revealed the 3 personalities of God.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let US make mankind in OUR IMAGE , in our LIKENESS...

The word "US" and "OUR" indicate more than one person and the word "IMAGE. Indicate ONE being. If God is three, the verse should'v said "images"
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
who say God is three ? Christians believe in ONE God and this God has three personalities, just as a man has body , soul, and spirit. This verse revealed the 3 personalities of God.

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, "Let US make mankind in OUR IMAGE , in our LIKENESS...

The word "US" and "OUR" indicate more than one person and the word "IMAGE. Indicate ONE being. If God is three, the verse should'v said "images"
lol what about the catholics, ur prove pls..confused people.
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
menesheh:

Your last statement showed that you are a Muslim.
If you are more objective in your assessments of historical jesus, why not ask yourself, why there are many jesus claims of which you are aware that not only Christianity and Muslim lay such a claim. Many others did.
LOL even comedians make fun out of jesus, so this is no prove, islam does not tolerate rubbish, everything are systematically analized, no confusion...only time will tell PEACE.
Re: Comparative Religion by menesheh(m): 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
afeezmore:
LOL even comedians make fun out of jesus, so this is no prove, islam does not tolerate rubbish, everything are systematically analized, no confusion...only time will tell PEACE.

What do you have to say about Christianity's claim of being the first to use the name, that Islamism copied the storyline and doctored it to their taste. That Christainity existed 2000yrs ago while islam existed only 1500yrs ago.
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
thorpido:
If you don't understand,why don't you stick with what you know instead of just showing public ignorance?Who ever told you Christians believe in three Gods?
Let me ask you a question;is the light of the sun and the heat of the sun the same?If your answer is no,then the next question for you is;is the heat and the light of the same sun?
they can never, ever in anyway be the same, y'all are confused, comedians even crack joke with the way pastors preaches, u all laugh at ur religion, is that not stupidity, wetin make pastor chris dey beg say make comedians no dey use men of god play, unah never know anything mtcheww... pastor dey fly with jet, church member dey wear rag, infact church to me is business, not the other way round...i pray oo. new testament, old testament GOD send unah message, nah unah sin pass, only the way girls dress to church like say them dey go allen with mini skirt, mtchew how pastor no go dey confused, cd diff 4rm CD peace..
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
menesheh:

What do you have to say about Christianity's claim of being the first to use the name, that Islamism copied the storyline and doctored it to their taste. That Christainity existed 2000yrs ago while islam existed only 1500yrs ago.
laughter listen up, GOD send jesus to cum nd preach the word of GOD to the unbelievers, nd they refused isn't it, nd b4 d first coming of jesus, there were several prophets that came before jesus, and u see, if the people of the world, as at that time listened to them, i don't think jesus will be needed anymore okay!, :. GOD send jesus they still refuse, even the ones that did not refuse still misquoted him, nd take him as god, even as far as worshipping holy mary that's why (ALLAH SUBHANA WATAHALA) send prophet (muhammed saw) to shed more light, prophet (muh) tells the muslims not to take him as GOD in the name of miracle, everything concerning islam is in the HOLY QURAN and HADITHS, islam is yes or no, maybe is not an option...
Re: Comparative Religion by menesheh(m): 4:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
afeezmore:
laughter listen up, GOD send jesus to cum nd preach the word of GOD to the unbelievers, nd they refused isn't it, nd b4 d first coming of jesus, there were several prophets that came before jesus, and u see, if the people of the world, as at that time listened to them, i don't think jesus will be needed anymore okay!, :. GOD send jesus they still refuse, even the ones that did not refuse still misquoted him, nd take him as god, even as far as worshipping holy mary that's why (ALLAH SUBHANA WATAHALA) send prophet (muhammed saw) to shed more light, prophet (muh) tells the muslims not to take him as GOD in the name of miracle, everything concerning islam is in the HOLY QURAN and HADITHS, islam is yes or no, maybe is not an option...

Does it mean that there are two or more real jesus born by mary that existed on earth in different time frame. I feel as atheist that those stories are mythical and legendary.
What's your thought about that?
Re: Comparative Religion by johnydon22(m): 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
menesheh:

Does it mean that there are two or more real jesus born by mary that existed on earth in different time frame. I feel as atheist that those stories are mythical and legendary.
[b]There might be a historical Jesus because that name Jesus (a mutilated english version of the latin translation of Yehushua)**yahweh saves** is a pretty common name in isreali.
The successor of Moses Joshua (Yehushua). . . The alleged writer of the deutrocanonical book of Sirach was Jesus son of Sirach.

So they may be a Jesus who existed in the Isreali Roman outpost of the Roman empire, who might have suffered crucifixion as a result of heresy against the Jewish religion.
Actually Jesus was at least the 21st claim of the Jewish messiah.

The same way they might have been a historical Achilles, a renowned war lord of the Mymidons.

But when fables and conjured myths sets in is when the story claims your mother was a nymph as in the case of Achilles or your father was the jewish deity that impregnated a virgin girl (actually one of the latest version of deities impregnating a virgin)
Or your body was invincible except for your heels (Achilles)

You could walk on water and magically turn water into wine, got killed and resurrected and etc.. That is were fables and myths sets in the story.

Most of these claims have been claimed many times at different timelines in different cultures in historical timeline.

So there may have been a Jesus, actually many of them in the isreali outpost of Rome (seeing its a common name in isreal) but when you throw in preternatural fables into your tale like Achilles, persus, heracles, krishna, buddha, jesus then that is where we would insist you should teach mythical events as myth and not actual truths
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Comparative Religion by malvisguy212: 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
afeezmore:
lol what about the catholics, ur prove pls..confused people.
were in the bible its say God is three ? All what I am doing is explaining the plurality in the bible for you.

Now answer this, the quran also uses the same plurality "WE", "US" and"OUR" can you explained?
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
menesheh:

bro nah play u dey,ask (IFAH)..if u take google as ur enemy, u fit wyne me, u no dey watch jesus funny video clips lol that guy funny.
Re: Comparative Religion by menesheh(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
johnydon22:

You could walk on water and magically turn water into wine, got killed and resurrected and etc.. That is were fables and myths sets in the story.

My concern is not about the plausibility of somebody or a historical persons that answered such name but i was referring to the mystics associated with a historical jesus that actually walk on the earth as you mentioned above. Anybody can choose to answer such a name.
Re: Comparative Religion by menesheh(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
afeezmore:
bro nah play u dey,ask (IFAH)..if u take google as ur enemy, u fit wyne me, u no dey watch jesus funny video clips lol that guy funny.

Which of the guy is funny?
Re: Comparative Religion by johnydon22(m): 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
menesheh:

My concern is not about the plausibility of somebody or a historical persons that answered such name but i was referring to the mystics associated with a historical jesus that actually walk on the earth as you mentioned above. Anybody can choose to answer such a name.

Yes i mentioned that someone or many people bearing that name then may be factual but just like all the absurd preternatural claims we have heard through out history. . Persus flying horse, Hercules super strength and jesus superman abilities. . . those are plain conjured fables

1 Like

Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
were in the bible its say God is three ? All what I am doing is explaining the plurality in the bible for you.

Now answer this, the quran also uses the same plurality "WE", "US" and"OUR" can you explained?
YES u are right, even some humans use plural, where as! it singular, cuz d lamba nah 2much moral, nd in the case of GOD he is more dan u can ever in ur life imagine, ALMIGTHY GOD hanhan u self ask urself, GOD can use anyword to describe is utmost superiority, u dey mental, e be lyk say u know who be GOD ahbi, (nah whining), incase u don't know, islam is the hybrid of christianity, even when the followers of prophet (muhammad saw) went to abbysinia to preach islam to one christian king then, he cried out his balls, and accepted islam, jesus christ is a muslim with the way he prays, but xtians removed those things from the bible, i thank GOD am not a xtian, only dat one dey sweet me, cuz i know d truth, take heed pastors are lying false miracle i laugh...
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
menesheh:

Which of the guy is funny?
the man wey dem draw, wey unah believe say nah him be jesus, blind followers of jesus open thy opolo eyes.
Re: Comparative Religion by thorpido(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
afeezmore:
they can never, ever in anyway be the same, y'all are confused, comedians even crack joke with the way pastors preaches, u all laugh at ur religion, is that not stupidity, wetin make pastor chris dey beg say make comedians no dey use men of god play, unah never know anything mtcheww... pastor dey fly with jet, church member dey wear rag, infact church to me is business, not the other way round...i pray oo. new testament, old testament GOD send unah message, nah unah sin pass, only the way girls dress to church like say them dey go allen with mini skirt, mtchew how pastor no go dey confused, cd diff 4rm CD peace..
sheer ranting!
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
thorpido:
sheer ranting!
LOL nah play unah dey, unah never plenty reach, noise makers religion..
Re: Comparative Religion by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
afeezmore:
YES u are right, even some humans use plural, where as! it singular, cuz d lamba nah 2much moral, nd in the case of GOD he is more dan u can ever in ur life imagine, ALMIGTHY GOD hanhan u self ask urself, GOD can use anyword to describe is utmost superiority, u dey mental, e be lyk say u know who be GOD ahbi, (nah whining), incase u don't know, islam is the hybrid of christianity, even when the followers of prophet (muhammad saw) went to abbysinia to preach islam to one christian king then, he cried out his balls, and accepted islam, jesus christ is a muslim with the way he prays, but xtians removed those things from the bible, i thank GOD am not a xtian, only dat one dey sweet me, cuz i know d truth, take heed pastors are lying false miracle i laugh...
no point of arguing with you. Quran cannot interprets Bible, but bible can complete disect quran and shred it to tale told by an illiterate self acclaimed prophet who was deceived by a demon called Allah.
If Jesus and Muhammadu were to be alive today, Muhammad would ve described as a terrorist and be killed like Osama bin Ladin and Jesus would ve won a Nobel Peace Prize.
Re: Comparative Religion by afeezmore: 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
no point of arguing with you. Quran cannot interprets Bible, but bible can complete disect quran and shred it to tale told by an illiterate self acclaimed prophet who was deceived by a demon called Allah.
If Jesus and Muhammadu were to be alive today, Muhammad would ve described as a terrorist and be killed like Osama bin Ladin and Jesus would ve won a Nobel Peace Prize.
hah!! with these guy sighs, i say no word on this thread again, i blame myself 4 opening this thread, cuz i am the one that brought this rubbish, u insulted (ALLAH SUBHANA WATAHALA) and his messanger (salau lahu alayhi wasalam) with what u said hmm i don't think u can be among the righteous on (yawmulikiyamuti) u will regret and regret and regret and regret from generation to generation, 4 a careless talker destroys himself, check proverbs, guy u call GOD DEMON HAH, i will beg 4 my own 4giveness, even if GOD will 4give u, i will beg him to let u suffer here on earth note this..
Re: Comparative Religion by malvisguy212: 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
afeezmore:
I don't know what you are saying here , can you type in proper word.

(1) (Reply)

What Of We Are All In A Dream / PST Odumeje Spraying Money On Nollywood Actor, Zubby Michael ( Pic, Vid) / Spiritual Warfare And Personal Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.