Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

The Negligence Of Songwriting In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Negligence Of Songwriting In Nigeria (621 Views)

Ten Songwriting Tips By Www.xwondahmix.com / How To Be Creative With Your Songwriting And Stand Out / Singers, Song Writers & Songwriting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Negligence Of Songwriting In Nigeria by Awesomeking: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
The negligence of songwriting in Nigeria.

Nigeria is a great country blessed with great musicians and what not,but its no news that songwriters in nigeria arent appreciated,songwriters need to go to extra lengths to keep their pockets far from dry,the artists would rather end up writing meaningless songs and lyrics and it seems thats what the fans want too,i have heard lyrics like "skiborobo skiba skiboro" from an artist,and he sang it with so much confidence like what he said made total sense,i really cant blame him,i dont want to call names but the song really got me thinking
arent there any songwriters in his label?
There are even weird ideas that songwriters are only used for RnB and pop artists,its extremely wrong because i write hip hop songs and sell them quite a lot,a very unique fact about songwriters in nigeria is that we are extremely few,nothing more than 100 songwriters in a nation of over 150 million people,while the rappers,singers,producers,video directors are quite a lot,diving into millions.
I always questioned that fact until i remembered the advantage of it,songwriters are able to come together as one team and gain outright monopoly,we spread accross the nation in different territories,i as a songwriter,i charge very high for stealthily written songs,its my duty since am part of the monopoly aggreement.
As much as i want songwriters to be appreciated and gain more fame and recognition in nigeria,i cant help but wish the opposite too because if we start getting recognition then more people take up the art and if more people take up the art,there will be less payment and lesser amount fo artists to write for because by then everyone would be a songwriter,just like everyone is a rapper now,such loss is detrimental to my art and to my work,so at this point,i cant help but wish both ways..whichever way,i shall accept the outcome and live through it because when it all comes down,all i really want to do is make great music and inspire the world.

For more of such posts,visit
freewrittensong.mywapblog.com

or email songwriterkadiri@yahoo.com
Re: The Negligence Of Songwriting In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
nice
Re: The Negligence Of Songwriting In Nigeria by Awesomeking: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
Iamsynord:
nice
thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

. / Naija Biggest Dancehall Hit Of 2015-keu Keu / Martins Smooth Releases Cover Art For New Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.