Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

How To Move Away From Shared Hosting To A VPS Server - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Move Away From Shared Hosting To A VPS Server (720 Views)

Why You Should Host Your Website On A VPS Server NOT Shared Server? / Fully Managed Semi VPS Server for High Traffic Sites - WordPress, e-Commerce etc / Vps Server Hosting Fully Managed Servers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Move Away From Shared Hosting To A VPS Server by Dpackage: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
Whenever our shared hosting tells us to switch from shared hosting to VPS, we always scared as a lot of us believes that VPS is for bigger organization and not just our simple blogs, but the truth is that VPS is very cheap and can be used by just about anybody.

I had gotten complains about my website using the system resources, and anytime it happens, am locked out of my website. So i went into getting a VPS account online and moved it...

So i decided to share my experience with NL that wants to move to VPS server soon, I recently did 2 series, the first one is :

How To Prepare Your Website For VPS Hosting, Migration And Installation Of Vesta Control Panel : http://www.doynews.com/article/how-prepare-your-website-vps-hosting-migration-and-installation-vesta-control-panel

And the second one is : Configure And Add Your Website To Your VPS Server Via Vesta CP : http://www.doynews.com/article/configure-and-add-your-website-your-vps-server-vesta-cp

Since i started using this VPS, my traffic is great, i can serve all my visitors now and my website is faster than 63% of all tested websites...I can feel it too..

You can go ahead and paste here, just tired, or bookmark the site to read later...Hope it helps people thinking of moving..

Re: How To Move Away From Shared Hosting To A VPS Server by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
Great! But be ready for a Dedicated server anytime soon as the more your traffic increases your provider would demand an upgrade in the server or you buy a dedicated machine
Re: How To Move Away From Shared Hosting To A VPS Server by Dpackage: 6:38am On Jul 15, 2015
coolsix:
Great! But be ready for a Dedicated server anytime soon as the more your traffic increases your provider would demand an upgrade in the server or you buy a dedicated machine

You right, when that time comes, am sure i will be capable to move...we started with 3.95 shared, now we on VPS, then Dedicated grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Difficulty Accessing Linda Ikejis Blog / Netteller To Bitcoin / Website Design/development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.