Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,888 members, 7,956,348 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal (21628 Views)

The New CAC Online Portal / Tips For Getting Your Business Name Approved With CAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by sccofield(m): 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
I have been seeing a lot of hype about the CAC online registration portal. The online portal was launched early this year around February with the aim of fast tracking its business services to its customers. According to the words of Dr Olusegun Aganga, the then Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, “the new online registration portal was developed by CAC to make registration of business easy and accessible to its clients. ‘Nigerians will no longer have to incur extra costs and will not travel to the CAC’s office to register their businesses,’ ”

I was really happy with this wonderful development. Boasted about it to my friends telling them that Nigeria was really getting better and therefore decided to try it in registering an enterprise.

I went to the CAC online portal http://services.cac.gov.ng/login and registered the. I took time to go through their FAQ and even downloaded their user guide just to make sure I was always on track.

Finally on the 4th of June 2015, I finally made a request for the name availability search and paid 500 naira which is the cost for name search through their website with my ATM card. After I made the payment, I got two mails acknowledging the name search request and the payment which was made.

The next day 5th of June, I received an email that my name search has been approved so I logged into my account to continue the registration of the enterprise. I took time to follow their user guide and filled all the necessary information and data and finally submitted the request for the incorporation of a business name. Paid a sum of 17,000 naira using my ATM through their site which was the cost of registration of the business name and cost of the extra documents. After I did that, I received an email acknowledging the payment that was sent.

I then kept waiting for an email to tell me that the business name has been registered or on the next step to take but none came. Days turned in to weeks and I kept logging on my CAC online account to check the status of the registration, but the only time I kept seeing was pending approval.

On june 24th after not hearing anything from them, I decided to send a mail to their customer service but to my surprised, my mail was neither acknowledge or replied. I then started making calls until I finally got a number of a lady working in CAC headquarters in Abuja. When I talked to her and explained everything to her, She told me to download the business registration form that I filled and take it to the CAC office in my state for submission and filling. She also added that when going I should go with 2 passports photographs

I finally printed all the necessary documents including all the receipts and took it to the CAC office in Uyo, akwa Ibom state on the 2nd of July. When I got the, I was told to wait for the zonal head that she is the only one that can attend to me with respect to the online registration issue. I finally met with her and she told me she wasn’t around when the training was done but she will get across to find out how the process is being carried out that I should come back on the 6th of july.

On the 6th of july, I left my town which is eket and drove down to the the CAC office in uyo, but when I got the I was still giving other excuses, and told to come back again on the 8th of july. I decided to give them some grace to sort themselves out so I went back on the 14th of july but to my utmost surprise I was told they still don’t know what to do. I was even told that auditors where around and that she will try and get the issue across to them.

Its been over a month since I started the registration process and the whole online stuff is not just as simple as what they promised it to be. In fact it seems am spending more time, energy, and resources to get it done.

Would like to know if these is the way CAC wants it to be, also if other people faced similar issues in trying to register their businesses or companies online.

Pls would love this to get to front page lets hear the comment and see if this can get to CAC headquarters cos they are not replying to my mails.

cc lalasticlala seun

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
shocked
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by Rich4god(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
Abeg ooo.... And am on the verge of paying for my biz name as well....
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by Aucun(m): 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
I believe it's frontpage worthy.

All the way from Eket to Uyo and still no reasonable response. Indeed Naija is techno-wise benighted
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by Sankabson(m): 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nigeria! My Beloved Country!! Every sector in this country needs DELIVERANCE.. Some CAC Agents On NL will be laughing at You Now..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by Ben1975(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
I didnt even know that they allowed online payment till now...disappointing to hear all this. I hope some people have good stories
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by sccofield(m): 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
Is the anybody on nairaland that has actually completed his own business registration online? Would like to know if it's a general issue or just an issue with CAC uyo.

Pls seun and lalasticlala help us get more attention to this thread
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by forextrader9(m): 7:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
Lol same old nigeria
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
smiley
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by sccofield(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Update: Just noticed that on my name reservation approval, the name is set to be available till august 4th. Need to know what happens if i cant register the name by august 4th, if my money will be refunded to me because right now nothing is happening. Do i continue going to CAC in uyo or do i travel to another state and complete the registration? None of my emails have been replied up till now. I need urgent help and advice pls
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by numen(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
Heard talks that they are still getting to grips with the new system...If am in your shoes, I'll pester the Abuja lady that asked you to print the forms and go to CAC office to see if she can escalate from her side the issues you're facing.

Your coy name will go back to the poll after the 60 days grace and will be free for someone else to grab and register(not fair though).

Just escalate on multiple fronts. Find them on twitter and bombard their handle with complaints and copy popular personalities, Nigerian police and media houses to force them to look into your case to avoid embarrassment and possible litigation.

PS: Mods frontpage thread here.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by sccofield(m): 6:31am On Jul 16, 2015
Its crazy, dose it mean that nobody on nairaland has tried registering a business name online using the online CAC portal?

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by BusinessLaw: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2015
CAC is yet to get to terms with the upgrade Mr Aganga gleefully announced in February. A Client of our firm who preferred the online option was in the same position since April 2015 until recently when we had to help follow up through "in-house" contacts. Your best option is to get someone to help follow up at the HQ.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by princeuk21(m): 12:07am On Jul 17, 2015
my advice is for you all to do your registration physically in their office at your location after your name search. Business name is 10k but online is 17k. I went through hell after registering mine online and got my documents rejected in their office. Nigeria is way back in terms of technology. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by princeuk21(m): 12:13am On Jul 17, 2015
sccofield:
Is the anybody on nairaland that has actually completed his own business registration online? Would like to know if it's a general issue or just an issue with CAC uyo.

Pls seun and lalasticlala help us get more attention to this thread
its general
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by princeuk21(m): 12:17am On Jul 17, 2015
sccofield:
Its crazy, dose it mean that nobody on nairaland has tried registering a business name online using the online CAC portal?
I have. you also need to fill the last form and attach 2 passport photograph to it. check your portal again
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by princeuk21(m): 12:19am On Jul 17, 2015
sccofield:
I have been seeing a lot of hype about the CAC online registration portal. The online portal was launched early this year around February with the aim of fast tracking its business services to its customers. According to the words of Dr Olusegun Aganga, the then Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, “the new online registration portal was developed by CAC to make registration of business easy and accessible to its clients. ‘Nigerians will no longer have to incur extra costs and will not travel to the CAC’s office to register their businesses,’ ”

I was really happy with this wonderful development. Boasted about it to my friends telling them that Nigeria was really getting better and therefore decided to try it in registering an enterprise.

I went to the CAC online portal http://services.cac.gov.ng/login and registered the. I took time to go through their FAQ and even downloaded their user guide just to make sure I was always on track.

Finally on the 4th of June 2015, I finally made a request for the name availability search and paid 500 naira which is the cost for name search through their website with my ATM card. After I made the payment, I got two mails acknowledging the name search request and the payment which was made.

The next day 5th of June, I received an email that my name search has been approved so I logged into my account to continue the registration of the enterprise. I took time to follow their user guide and filled all the necessary information and data and finally submitted the request for the incorporation of a business name. Paid a sum of 17,000 naira using my ATM through their site which was the cost of registration of the business name and cost of the extra documents. After I did that, I received an email acknowledging the payment that was sent.

I then kept waiting for an email to tell me that the business name has been registered or on the next step to take but none came. Days turned in to weeks and I kept logging on my CAC online account to check the status of the registration, but the only time I kept seeing was pending approval.

On june 24th after not hearing anything from them, I decided to send a mail to their customer service but to my surprised, my mail was neither acknowledge or replied. I then started making calls until I finally got a number of a lady working in CAC headquarters in Abuja. When I talked to her and explained everything to her, She told me to download the business registration form that I filled and take it to the CAC office in my state for submission and filling. She also added that when going I should go with 2 passports photographs

I finally printed all the necessary documents including all the receipts and took it to the CAC office in Uyo, akwa Ibom state on the 2nd of July. When I got the, I was told to wait for the zonal head that she is the only one that can attend to me with respect to the online registration issue. I finally met with her and she told me she wasn’t around when the training was done but she will get across to find out how the process is being carried out that I should come back on the 6th of july.

On the 6th of july, I left my town which is eket and drove down to the the CAC office in uyo, but when I got the I was still giving other excuses, and told to come back again on the 8th of july. I decided to give them some grace to sort themselves out so I went back on the 14th of july but to my utmost surprise I was told they still don’t know what to do. I was even told that auditors where around and that she will try and get the issue across to them.

Its been over a month since I started the registration process and the whole online stuff is not just as simple as what they promised it to be. In fact it seems am spending more time, energy, and resources to get it done.

Would like to know if these is the way CAC wants it to be, also if other people faced similar issues in trying to register their businesses or companies online.

Pls would love this to get to front page lets hear the comment and see if this can get to CAC headquarters cos they are not replying to my mails.

cc lalasticlala seun
the zonal head is the only one who can help you out.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by Rainmaker69(m): 6:37am On Sep 10, 2015
Consult a lawyer. It's funny how Nigerians try to do everything themselves. We self-medicate too much.

The lawyer doesn't have to register the business for you but you should consult with a lawyer before carrying out a legal process.

Fyi, what you paid for is not business name registration. That costs 10k online and offline. You paid the wrong registration fee that's why they're mentioning auditors to you.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by iproject(m): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
I am currently using the portal now for registration and will update the house on my experience

So far

Name search has been conducted

Name Approved

next stage.....

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by futurenix(m): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
I did my online registration last year and everything was perfect from the beginning to the end. Went to umuahia and collected my certificate.

Maybe the portal is having some issues which I believe their office in your state can rectify.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by Consultville(m): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Use a Professional (Accredited Agent) today, for professional advice, both pre-incorporation and post-incorporation services
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by amokeme(f): 2:27am On Feb 16, 2016
Stuffs like this don't work in Nigeria... I can't even try it, better you do it manually
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by emmydollars4life(m): 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
princeuk21:
the zonal head is the only one who can help you out.
WELCOME TO NIGERIA WHERE EVERY SECTOR IMITATE THE CIVILIZED COUNTRY WITHOUT PUTTING THINGS ON GROUND TO COORDINATE IT, EVERY PERSON THAT ENTER ANY POST OUT OF EXCITEMENT WILL BRING A LAW THAT WILL SOON Back fire, and i trust the country this kind of post does not make front page, but Davido with his dog will make front page, the kind of cloth tonto dike wore to church will make front page, when will the country and her have conscience.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by emmydollars4life(m): 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
i make inquiring about a business name i was told 25k in CAC office in Aba
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by juliebrown: 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
Pls house I started d process of business name reg n dia is a column for consent code, n I wasn't sent any code. Pls help
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by micgray100(m): 6:17am On Mar 09, 2016
juliebrown:
Pls house I started d process of business name reg n dia is a column for consent code, n I wasn't sent any code. Pls help

You must have done something wrong.. Incorporation have so many rules... You cant use the word GROUP or HOLDINGS... And consent code is only required from already registered company...
Call or Watsapp 07032728941 if you need a professional help...

Note: you will be charge a token...
Is not a must you call me...
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by juliebrown: 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
micgray100:

You must have done something wrong.. Incorporation have so many rules... You cant use the word GROUP or HOLDINGS... And consent code is only required from already registered company...
Call or Watsapp 07032728941 if you need a professional help...

Note: you will be charge a token...
Is not a must you call me...
. I didn't use any of those and am just @ d name availability stage so I don't see anytin professional abt it so if u wanna hlp, do it here 4 others to benefit, dats it's called social. Forum
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by 9jatriot(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2016
Checks the words in your name, you probably used integrated, group, engineering etc. they seem to be particular about things like that
juliebrown:
. I didn't use any of those and am just @ d name availability stage so I don't see anytin professional abt it so if u wanna hlp, do it here 4 others to benefit, dats it's called social. Forum
Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by BLWeb: 1:30pm On May 12, 2016
I had no problems registering my business online with CAC. The only issue i had was solving queries after queries till i finally got my certificate after 2 weeks (which usually should have taken 48 hours)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal by bhadmusfrancis: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
princeuk21:
I have. you also need to fill the last form and attach 2 passport photograph to it. check your portal again

How will I submit that because after taking the documents to their ibadan office, I was told I need to pay another Business Registration Fee to their Skye Bank account.

Please explain better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market / Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan / First Bank, Oko In Oyo On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.