Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere (7212 Views)

Top 10 Vacation Destinations And Attractions In Nigeria / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. / Koredo Bello having fun during is Vacation Holiday In Australia - ( Pics & Vid ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
Just seeing this thread. Will post some pictures of my trip (on Canada day) to the rocky mountains in Canada when I get back from work.
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by ttmacoy: 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nice pics.

I saw the Mona Lisa a few years ago and I must admit I wasn't too impressed lol. Felt like all the people were scrambling to take a pic just because it is the "Mona Lisa" not because they saw a painting they really liked or appreciated.

Hope you had a great time though?

Vicjustice:
coolBEHOLD THE ORIGINAL PICTURE OF MONA LISA
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by ttmacoy: 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
I feel you on this. Same when I see our artwork in Museums around the world but then I stop and think if those art work remained with us, will we really appreciate or treasure them?

What has happened to all the artwork left in Nigeria? Do we have museums where our people can go enjoy and appreciate them? NO hence maybe they are fine where they are. At least we and the world can view and appreciate our creativity.

Vicjustice:
I felt robbed when i saw this plaque, one of the many art work stolen from the ancient Benin kingdom during the British invasion in 1897.
These Benin plaques were sold by the British and distributed to many major museums hence the Benin arts can be seen in several museums around the world.

Below is the only existing photo of the Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi.
(Observe the inscription on the photo that reads: King Ovonramwen of Benin responsible for the Benin massacre..."
Bottom is the loot from the Oba palace, the booty from a massacre that were distributed to the world
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
ttmacoy:
Nice pics.

I saw the Mona Lisa a few years ago and I must admit I wasn't too impressed lol. Felt like all the people were scrambling to take a pic just because it is the "Mona Lisa" not because they saw a painting they really liked or appreciated.

Hope you had a great time though?
Exactly, the picture is not what actually impressed me, but its fame and popularity, and the way people are happy just to have a glimpse of it
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
ttmacoy:
I feel you on this. Same when I see our artwork in Museums around the world but then I stop and think if those art work remained with us, will we really appreciate or treasure them?

What has happened to all the artwork left in Nigeria? Do we have museums where our people can go enjoy and appreciate them? NO hence maybe they are fine where they are. At least we and the world can view and appreciate our creativity.
You're very correct
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 21, 2015
It was Canada day. The trip was not planned. After having breakfast, I just suggested that we drive to Banff National park(Canada's oldest national park) in the rocky mountain and my wife thought it was a good idea. It's 3 hours drive from South West Calgary, Alberta.

The Rocky Mountains, commonly known as the Rockies, are a major mountain range in western North America. The Rocky Mountains stretch more than 3,000 miles (4,800 km) from the northernmost part of British Columbia, in western Canada, to New Mexico, in the southwestern United States. My wife took some pictures although not professional but they are manageable.
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 21, 2015
Some minutes after leaving home.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 21, 2015
Subalpine forest along the way.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 21, 2015
Picture 1: Enjoying the cool breeze.
Picture 2. It starts to rain as we approach the rocky region.
Picture 3. Rain got heavy and visibility becomes poor.
Picture 3. Rain stops after about 10 minutes and all clear.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 21, 2015
Beautiful scenery along the way. I almost had an accident while checking out one of the beautiful scenery. Thank God for the rumble strips on the highway. My next Car must also have a lane departure warning like the one built in the 2015 CRV by God's grace. grin
We spent more than 2 hours driving through roads built in the middle of mountains.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 21, 2015
pic 1, 2 and 4: Driving into the mountains
Pic 3: One of the peaks touching the clouds.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 21, 2015
pic 1: Exit to Canmore, Alberta.
Pic 2: One of the peaks.
Pic 3: Wildife underpass from afar. I wonder if the Wildlife(grizzly bears, black bears, deers, Moose, Bison, skunk, mountain lions e.t.c) actually use this bridge.
Pic 4: Driving under the wildife underpass.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 21, 2015
Pic 1 and 2: Entrance to Banff National park.
Picture 3: A bike and his Harley Davidson.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 21, 2015
I thought we could visit all the lakes in the National park, unfortunately we got there late as we left home around 12 noon. I was only able to visit lake Louise. The blue-green color of the lake is due to glacial rock flour.

To visit all the lakes, a tour guide I spoke with said we would need to spend at least three days as some of the lakes are hours apart by driving. I was not even aware of this before leaving home. There were so many campers and i wonder if they were not scared of bears and mountain lions. Maybe it's just the African in me...lol

Pic 1: Hotel for tourist beside lake louise
Pic 2 and 3: Lake louise
Pic 3: Canoes on lake louise.

Lake louise was named after the 4th daughter of Queen Victoria, Princess Louise Caroline Alberta. Alberta was also named after the same person.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:53am On Jul 21, 2015
Some of the lakes I would make sure I visit on my next trip to Banff National Park. Hopefully, I would spend 3 days or more. In winter, the region is popular for skiing.
Pic 1: Consolation lake
Pic 2: Moraine lake and valley of the 10 peaks.
Pic 3: Peyto Lake
Pic 4 Two Jack lake

1 Like

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:56am On Jul 21, 2015
I would also love to visit Mount rundle...
The below pic a view of mount rundle from Banff Village.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Moana(f): 4:53am On Jul 21, 2015
Vicjustice:
Night visit to Eiffel Tower.
The first 2 pictures were taken from beneath and the last 2 were taken from the mid section.
the waka waka was worth it grin
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Moana(f): 5:03am On Jul 21, 2015
saxywale:
Some of the lakes I would make sure I visit on my next trip to Banff National Park. Hopefully, I would spend 3 days or more. In winter, the region is popular for skiing.
Pic 1: Consolation lake
Pic 2: Moraine lake and valley of the 10 peaks.
Pic 3: Peyto Lake
Pic 4 Two Jack lake
these are compulsory to visit o...just beautiful
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 21, 2015
Moana:
these are compulsory to visit o...just beautiful
Yeah, Infact there was traffic jam on our way out of lake louise...tourist came from different part of the world to see the natural wonders. I also saw cars and rv/motorhomes from atlanta (35 hours drive).

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 8:03am On Jul 21, 2015
Looks amazing.... Especially the lake. Are people allowed to have a dip in it?
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
shaybebaby:
Looks amazing.... Especially the lake. Are people allowed to have a dip in it?
I believe one can swim in the two jack lake but the others are too cold to swim in. They are from melted glaciers(ice).
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
saxywale:

I believe one can swim in the two jack lake but the others are too cold to swim in. They are from melted glaciers(ice).
Aren't these Canadian and American lakes infested with Alligators?
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 25, 2018
Wow
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by AlphaStyles(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
Wow just beautiful
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Ndipe(m): 4:21am On Sep 10, 2019
Some of the pictures are beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did You Get Your International Passport? / On Summer Holiday To Nairobi Kenya / Live And Work In Austria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.