Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,132 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now (2456 Views)

Got My American Visa, At Last I Will See America... / I Have Active (unused) F1 Visa, But I Now Need Work-visit Visa. Please Help!! / I Need Austria Visa But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by redcliff: 7:25am On Jul 16, 2015
Hi house. I have had a multiple. Entry american visa which was issued to me in december last year and it lasts for 2years. I have not used it yet because i have not seen the need to. I heard if you dont use it after 6months of issue that it gets invalid or something ridiculous. How true is this?

Thanks
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by feldido(m): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2015
U sure? Hope u no commit grin
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Daliano(m): 7:28am On Jul 16, 2015
If there is one thing I can ask God for,it will be to be very successful in this country.I detest all these Western countries and their polices.

@Op,give it to someone who needs it.
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by redcliff: 7:35am On Jul 16, 2015
Daliano:
If there is one thing I can ask God for,it will be to be very successful in this country.I detest all these Western countries and their polices.

if only africa was developed, we would not need to be sourcing for their visas. Theres nothing spectacular living abroad

1 Like

Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Messilistic: 7:58am On Jul 16, 2015
redcliff:
Hi house. I have had a multiple. Entry american visa which was issued to me in december last year and it lasts for 2years. I have not used it yet because i have not seen the need to. I heard if you dont use it after 6months of issue that it gets invalid or something ridiculous. How true is this?

Thanks
the 6 month thing is not true. It only applies when your passport has been stamped on entry. You are only allowed a maximum of 6 months to be in the US. Mine was issued october last year and I only made use of it last week. I dint have the need to either, I jst had to cos every one kept telling me I wont hav chances of getting visas again if it is not used at least once.
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by redcliff: 8:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Messilistic:
the 6 month thing is not true. Mine was issued october last year and I only made use of it last week. I dint have the need to either, I jst had to cos every one kept telling me I wont hav chances of getting visas again if it is not used at least once.

Yea but who is silly to get a us visa without even using it especially when its 2years?

1 Like

Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Messilistic: 8:09am On Jul 16, 2015
redcliff:

Yea but who is silly to get a us visa without even using it especially when its 2years?
lol. I would hav been that silly fellow undecided
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Moana(f): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2015
Daliano:

angry how will he give a visa with his name to someone else grin

1 Like

Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by redcliff: 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
Moana:

Dont mind the boy.
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by NaLaugh: 10:42am On Jul 17, 2015
Messilistic:
lol. I would hav been that silly fellow undecided

What was the motivation to get the visa in the first place, if you had no need for it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Messilistic: 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
I cant remember where I stated I didnt have need of it. undecided
NaLaugh:

What was the motivation to get the visa in the first place, if you had no need for it?
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by NaLaugh: 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
Messilistic:
I cant remember where I stated I didnt have need of it. undecided

Maybe I'm misreading it, but I was going off the bold part of your comment below:

the 6 month thing is not true. It only applies when your passport has been stamped on entry. You are only allowed a maximum of 6 months to be in the US. Mine was issued october last year and I only made use of it last week. I dint have the need to either, I jst had to cos every one kept telling me I wont hav chances of getting visas again if it is not used at least once.

2 Likes

Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by tpiadotcom: 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
I heard you have to use it before it expires.
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by redcliff: 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
NaLaugh:

Insurance purposes. Lol
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
Daliano:

For this kind naija?
Bros abeg go take ur medicine, sun done come out

2 Likes

Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Daliano(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
fighal:
For this kind naija?
Bros abeg go take ur medicine, sun done come out

I just analyzed you medically from the trash you just wrote and the result is out.....Low IQ,Low self esteem,poverty stricken and other ailments too numerous to mention.

VERDICT
You should be in chains in a rehab home.
Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
Daliano:

I just analyzed you medically from the trash you just wrote and the result is out.....Low IQ,Low self esteem,poverty stricken and other ailments too numerous to mention.

VERDICT
You should be in chains in a rehab home.
If These are the results of ur analysis then I must say that you are a waste of school fees. Lol u saying am poor. I believe dreaming BIG is not a symptom of poverty. Poverty is from the mind. Just focus on ur stupid self.. Rat doctor, with ur apron...

1 Like

Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
Moana:
just stumbled on this lol. Laughing lyk mad

1 Like

Re: I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now by cozybunch: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
@redcliff, u have nothing to worry about. You are given 2 years visa for you to use at any time within your visa time. There is no rule as in the time to utilize it. My only advise is try to use it atleast before your last 6 months of your visa time. If you are coming on grounds of b2, atleast 6 months is required because you wouldn't get beyond 6 months stamp from the cbp officer, if is b1 grounds them 3 months. Your best bet is atleast 6 months before expiration.

@messilistic, there is no rule or law thats states you wouldn't be given visa again if you do not utilize it. The problem there is the burden to convince the vo, the reasons why you did not use.

The u.s state department is the department that constitutes immigration and visa rules in United States. They don't have a law or penalty that states if you do not use your visa, you wouldn't be given another. USCIS that is part of Home Land Security, do not have such rules either.This are all speculation from people, or people who could not give real time reasons why they could not use their visa, go about saying such.

Having said all these above, the conditions for giving you visa is for you to use it because you gave the vo officer reasons to issue you visa. It is always advisable, however to utilize your visa. However, those reasons you gave can always change giving you grounds for not using it.

The above statement is not a legal counseling but solely for the purposes of this forum. If you need any legal counseling, you have to seek for an attorney.

Good Luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Holders Don’t Need Visas To Visit These 44 Countries! / I Visited One Of The Biggest Wholesale Market In Brasilia Brazil(photos, Video) / Travel To London From Cotonou With Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.