Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,116 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide (1655 Views)

What Gives You Joy As A Christain? / How Can We Experience True Freedom In Christ? / Advise Pls After I Found Christ A Black Girl Keep Appearing In My Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2015
Hi guys, Beautiful morning to you all.It's good to be back with in-depth studies on Spiritual things.Growing in Christ is something every Christain have knowledge of and many long to attain maturity in the Spirit.But somehow they are limited by both seen and unseen forces.

But it's of no use if I discuss the problem and do not give the solution to the problem.For that is not the way of Christ for he bring solution to every problem. So in this short sermon I shall be sharing with you how to attain Spiritual Maturity in Christ.

NOTE: Am not teaching you what you don't know for the anointing on you teaches you everything and have no need for anyone to teach you.And you yourself knows all things.Instead I'm sharing my spiritual blessings with you as it is fitting in Christ.

1. FAITH: The righteous shall live by their Faith says the Lord.This means in a sense that a Christain is he that lives by Faith in God and not on his own strength.Now their is a doctrine that says "Spiritual maturity cannot be attained by any Christain".Well they are totally wrong for God said in Eph 4:13 "Until we all attain to the unity of the Faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God,to mature manhood,to the measure of the fullness of Christ".Now it is clear when he says 'until we all attain to" he means it is attainable.

So to grow into maturity you must dismiss useless doctrines like the one stated above(Unbiblical and thus demonic) and live by Faith in the Word of God which is the only Truth.

2. STUDY THE BIBLE: As you have seen from above that you have to dismiss useless doctrines not found in the Bible in other to grow to spiritual maturity in Christ.To dismiss a lie you must know the Truth.And Truth Christ says,Is the Word of God as it is written "Sanctify them in the Truth thy word is Truth".The Scripture which is the word of God is spiritual food for the soul is able to make you grow into maturity. For it is a matter well known that if you feed you will grow but if you starve yourself you will emaciate and remain stunted in height.Same things apply to Spiritual growth into maturity you feed you grow and one day you will attain the Spiritual maturity.

Study to show yourself approve a workman who needed not to be ashamed,rightly handling the word of Truth.Study not meditate..No Scripture admonishes us to meditate on the word of God. Such a Doctrine should be dismiss as it has no root in the Bible.

3. TEACH AND PREACH CHRIST: In my early days in Christ I go to God with my pen and Biro to learn. Whenever I open the Bible to study I do so with my pen in order to write sermon.By studying the Bible by myself and putting what I learnt down am established in the Spirit. But I do not stop at that I teach people what I have learned in the Bible about Christ and the word of Truth.Overtime people call me Pastor.Just of recent a Pastor ask me "Are you telling me you know all things?" and I replied "The annointing on you teaches you everything" and "they shall be taught by the Lord" how then you ask me if I knows all thing?

The moment you began to teach people what you receive from God you began to grow.I will let you understand that whenever you study the Scripture the Spirit of God gives you understanding. So be rest assured whatever you learn is Truth Even if it contradicts your church doctrines or Christain doctrines at large Even as many things I have learnt from the Lord contradicts Church doctrines. Teach it without fear.

4. SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE: "Rather, speaking the Truth in love we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head,into Christ"Eph 4:15. No Scripture is more clearer than the above in this sense.Just speak the Truth you learn from God and not from your pastor.Like this Truth "Christ made full expiation for our sins on the cross and no man can atone for his sins in any form" against restitution doctrine in many churches. Now if you belong to a church with such doctrines this is an offensive Truth from the Bible to your doctrines.

But if you want to grow into maturity you do so by speaking the Truth in Love.

Conclusion: Spiritual maturity is that state in a Christain life when he is no longer tossed to and fro and carried away by every wind of doctrine,by cunning of men(like tithe and offering is for the Pastor) by their craftiness in deceitful wiles.Attaining this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for all that believe in Christ Jesus.So Let's leave behind those things that draw us back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by misreal(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by misreal(m): 8:53am On Jul 16, 2015
Where are the mods??if its 10rules to fall in love,by now it would have made front page...

Lalasticalla..please move this one to front page

1 Like

Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by misreal(m): 8:55am On Jul 16, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Hi guys, Beautiful morning to you all.It's good to be back with in-depth studies on Spiritual things.Growing in Christ is something every Christain have knowledge of and many long to attain maturity in the Spirit.But somehow they are limited by both seen and unseen forces.

But it's of no use if I discuss the problem and do not give the solution to the problem.For that is not the way of Christ for he bring solution to every problem. So in this short sermon I shall be sharing with you how to attain Spiritual Maturity in Christ.

NOTE: Am not teaching you what you don't know for the anointing on you teaches you everything and have no need for anyone to teach you.And you yourself knows all things.Instead I'm sharing my spiritual blessings with you as it is fitting in Christ.

1. FAITH: The righteous shall live by their Faith says the Lord.This means in a sense that a Christain is he that lives by Faith in God and not on his own strength.Now their is a doctrine that says "Spiritual maturity cannot be attained by any Christain".Well they are totally wrong for God said in Eph 4:13 "Until we all attain to the unity of the Faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God,to mature manhood,to the measure of the fullness of Christ".Now it is clear when he says 'until we all attain to" he means it is attainable.

So to grow into maturity you must dismiss useless doctrines like the one stated above(Unbiblical and thus demonic) and live by Faith in the Word of God which is the only Truth.

2. STUDY THE BIBLE: As you have seen from above that you have to dismiss useless doctrines not found in the Bible in other to grow to spiritual maturity in Christ.To dismiss a lie you must know the Truth.And Truth Christ says,Is the Word of God as it is written "Sanctify them in the Truth thy word is Truth".The Scripture which is the word of God is spiritual food for the soul is able to make you grow into maturity. For it is a matter well known that if you feed you will grow but if you starve yourself you will emaciate and remain stunted in height.Same things apply to Spiritual growth into maturity you feed you grow and one day you will attain the Spiritual maturity.

Study to show yourself approve a workman who needed not to be ashamed,rightly handling the word of Truth.Study not meditate..No Scripture admonishes us to meditate on the word of God. Such a Doctrine should be dismiss as it has no root in the Bible.

3. TEACH AND PREACH CHRIST: In my early days in Christ I go to God with my pen and Biro to learn. Whenever I open the Bible to study I do so with my pen in order to write sermon.By studying the Bible by myself and putting what I learnt down am established in the Spirit. But I do not stop at that I teach people what I have learned in the Bible about Christ and the word of Truth.Overtime people call me Pastor.Just of recent a Pastor ask me "Are you telling me you know all things?" and I replied "The annointing on you teaches you everything" and "they shall be taught by the Lord" how then you ask me if I knows all thing?

The moment you began to teach people what you receive from God you began to grow.I will let you understand that whenever you study the Scripture the Spirit of God gives you understanding. So be rest assured whatever you learn is Truth Even if it contradicts your church doctrines or Christain doctrines at large Even as many things I have learnt from the Lord contradicts Church doctrines. Teach it without fear.

4. SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE: "Rather, speaking the Truth in love we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head,into Christ"Eph 4:15. No Scripture is more clearer than the above in this sense.Just speak the Truth you learn from God and not from your pastor.Like this Truth "Christ made full expiation for our sins on the cross and no man can atone for his sins in any form" against restitution doctrine in many churches. Now if you belong to a church with such doctrines this is an offensive Truth from the Bible to your doctrines.

But if you want to grow into maturity you do so by speaking the Truth in Love.

Conclusion: Spiritual maturity is that state in a Christain life when he is no longer tossed to and fro and carried away by every wind of doctrine,by cunning of men(like tithe and offering is for the Pastor) by their craftiness in deceitful wiles.Attaining this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for all that believe in Christ Jesus.So Let's leave behind those things that draw us back.
what you posted is true.but these are not what really grows you spiritually oh..
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2015
misreal:
what you posted is true.but these are not what really grows you spiritually oh..
Morning to you my brother....I will appreciate if you contribute to this topic... since we are all one big family. I can be blessed by your knowledge so also the viewers.

1 Like

Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by yorubadelta(f): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Why is PRAYER not on the list?
Especially those midnight prayers that scatter demons anyhow grin
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by misreal(m): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Morning to you my brother....I will appreciate if you contribute to this topic... since we are all one big family. I can be blessed by your knowledge so also the viewers.
my brother,the first step one needs is to be baptised in the holy ghost.this is because you can't truly receive revelational knowledge of the scripture without making out time to pray in the spirit.every other knowledge you get from the bible is head knowledge which is very good but the revelation of that head knowledge you have is what grows you..in other words,they is a difference between head knowledge and revelational knowledge..
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by Tallesty1(m): 9:16am On Jul 16, 2015
Very nice
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2015
misreal:
my brother,the first step one needs is to be baptised in the holy ghost.this is because you can't truly receive revelational knowledge of the scripture without making out time to pray in the spirit.every other knowledge you get from the bible is head knowledge which is very good but the revelation of that head knowledge you have is what grows you..in other words,they is a difference between head knowledge and revelational knowledge..
Thank you my brother and God bless you for this contribution. Your contribution spark some things which I will like to clarify for the understanding of all.

The Scripture says "we have no dealings with outsiders" and in such sense my online sermons are directed to one audience "Christains".In saying this I tend to clarify your first statement that, one needs to be baptized with the holy Ghost.Christains are baptized with the Holy Ghost at salvation as Salvation is the combination of forgiveness of sin and gift of the Holy Spirit.

And as such that every Christain is baptized at salvation with the Holy Spirit and since my sermons are directed to Christains I find it unnecessary to add "Baptism With The Holy Spirit" for by implication the title suggest they have the Holy Spirit already.

Thanks for your contribution. God bless
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by misreal(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Thank you my brother and God bless you for this contribution. Your contribution spark some things which I will like to clarify for the understanding of all.

The Scripture says "we have no dealings with outsiders" and in such sense my online sermons are directed to one audience "Christains".In saying this I tend to clarify your first statement that, one needs to be baptized with the holy Ghost.Christains are baptized with the Holy Ghost at salvation as Salvation is the combination of forgiveness of sin and gift of the Holy Spirit.

And as such that every Christain is baptized at salvation with the Holy Spirit and since my sermons are directed to Christains I find it unnecessary to add "Baptism With The Holy Spirit" for by implication the title suggest they have the Holy Spirit already.

Thanks for your contribution. God bless
hmmmmm..the work of the holy ghost at salvation is quite different from what he does at his baptism.in other word,you don't get the baptism of the holy ghost at salvation..
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2015
yorubadelta:
Why is PRAYER not on the list?
Especially those midnight prayers that scatter demons anyhow grin
Morning to you my sister.... And thanks for the sensitive question you have asked.I will briefly answer it in the paragraphs below

As it is written in Eph 4:14 "so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by
their craftiness in deceitful wiles." Maturity is in the Spirit is:

•No longer children
•Tossed to and fro
•By wind of doctrine
•Cunning and deceitful wiles.

If you begin the reading from vs 13 down to 15 you will see and understand that in all what is listed nothing amounts to prayer.For in those verse the below are mentioned.

•Faith vs 13 (Until we all come in the unity of Faith)
•Of the Knowledge (This happens by studying the word of God)
•Speaking vs 15 (This amounts to teaching)
•The Truth In Love vs 15

Prayer is a needed in tool in Being strong in the Spirit and Being strong and growing is two exclusive things.If God wills I shall write a sermon on "Being Strong In The Spirit".

Thanks for your question. God bless
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2015
misreal:
hmmmmm..the work of the holy ghost at salvation is quite different from what he does at his baptism.in other word,you don't get the baptism of the holy ghost at salvation..
Perhaps brother in other not to drift from the topic I had suggest you open a thread and lay down Scriptures that support that teachings you lay down.Do call me over to the thread... it's all about growing in the Spirit....and call Christains also over to the thread.
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Tallesty1:
Very nice
Morning brother....
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by misreal(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Perhaps brother in other not to drift from the topic I had suggest you open a thread and lay down Scriptures that support that teachings you lay down.Do call me over to the thread... it's all about growing in the Spirit....and call Christains also over to the thread.
k
Re: Growing To Spiritual Maturity In Christ: A Christain Guide by yorubadelta(f): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Morning to you my sister.... And thanks for the sensitive question you have asked.I will briefly answer it in the paragraphs below

As it is written in Eph 4:14 "so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by
their craftiness in deceitful wiles." Maturity is in the Spirit is:

•No longer children
•Tossed to and fro
•By wind of doctrine
•Cunning and deceitful wiles.

If you begin the reading from vs 13 down to 15 you will see and understand that in all what is listed nothing amounts to prayer.For in those verse the below are mentioned.

•Faith vs 13 (Until we all come in the unity of Faith)
•Of the Knowledge (This happens by studying the word of God)
•Speaking vs 15 (This amounts to teaching)
•The Truth In Love vs 15

Prayer is a needed in tool in Being strong in the Spirit and Being strong and growing is two exclusive things.If God wills I shall write a sermon on "Being Strong In The Spirit".

Thanks for your question. God bless

Hmmm.. logical response, I'm impressed.

(1) (Reply)

Am Trying Hard Not To Be An Atheist But ...... / “Winning Mysterious Battles” / Bring Any Dying Sick Person To My Church Pastor Challenges Everybody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.