Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,097 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real (828 Views)

Ramadan Begins Saturday As Sultan Announces Sighting Of The Moon / Moon Sighting / Sultan Releases Telephone Numbers To Report Sighting Of New Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real by Royals1: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2015
My brothers and sistas in islam, dis post is not for grudges or anything related to it. Rather its a psot for enlightenment. Dis yr is anoda Ramadhan yr which has leaving us again, we shal all see it next yr again insha Allah. Howeva i am still pessimistic about sighting of the moon for ramdhan. Fine we cannot sight d moon in d southwest here. But i sculed in Ilorin, i still culd not sight d moon on d day d sultan announce to it has been sighted, i performed my national duty (NYSC) in sokoto, d day it was announced dtmoon is sighted i culd not sight it where i am. Dis givs me d inquisitiveness to ask aw dis moon is sighted, d criteria and d kind of pple dt can sight it. Although d prophet neva metioned any criteria. Howeva for yrs in d southwest av been follwing d sighting of d moon from muharam to zulhijah which is always accurate by sighting it everymonth, ramadan is not diff. Now d yr i was in ilorin walahi talahi d same day i was xpecting d ramadan moon for dt yr was d day i saw it in ilorin which was like 2 days afta sultan had annouce and i culd not see dt. D same applied to wen i was in sokoto. My brothers let us reason together i will pause here to hear from islamic schorlars on nairaland to contribute and enlighten me wit gud evidences
Re: Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real by GogetterMD(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2015
The moon can be sighted anywhere, including the southwest. But the cloud cover makes it difficult to sight in the southwest.
As long as you testify to the shahadah, you can report the moon sighting to the nearest Imam to you so the announcement can be made. However, it is advisable to call on someone else to corroborate the sighting
Re: Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real by Royals1: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2015
Thank you my brother, anytime i call on pple to see d moon, dey will respond dt no, moon cannot be sighted in d soutwest cos of d cloud, dt d one am seeing as being sighted in d north and dts its just coming late here in lagos. More comments from others plssss
Re: Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real by Proffdada: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
the moon is always sighted except you are talking about another moon of another planet undecided
Re: Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real by Royals1: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
its d same moon Allah commands us to sight before fasting. But my question to u now is did u sight d moon or any told u dt d moon is sighted here in lagos?
Re: Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real by usbcable(m): 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2455961/moon-sighting-moon-fighting-why
the moon can be seen by anyone at anywhere.
however many factors determine the visibility levels for any area within anytime zone
Re: Sighting Of D Moon: Is It Real by Royals1: 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
my brother today my fast complete 28 and i will watch for moon tomorow friday or saturday

(1) (Reply)

Amazing.....?why????? / Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 / Have A Look@ The KING Of Saudi's Grave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.