Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 (831 Views)

Medical Advice On Fasting. I Pray It Helps. / Any News On when we are to start Fasting? / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by muhsin(m): 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2009
[center][/center]

Do you know that Friday 25th and Saturday 26th correspond to 9th and 10th of Muharram? Fasting on these days are recommended by the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention. Don't miss it, my Muslim brothers and sisters.

[center]Abdallah Ibn Abbas  (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said:

“When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted on ‘Aashooraa’ and commanded the Muslims to fast as well, they said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, it is a day that is venerated by the Jews and Christians.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘If I live to see the next year, in sha Allaah, we will fast on the ninth day too.’ But it so happened that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed away before the next year came.”

Muslim
[/center]
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by Jairzinho(m): 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2009
Its also the day the prophets grandson-Hussein was killed at Najaf.
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by justfash50: 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2009
@poster

Salam Alaekum,

brother it should be 26th and 27th December 2009, since Hijra started on friday the the 18th of December 2009.

May Allah Reward us as we observe the fast on that day.amin
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by justfash50: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2009
Seems u r right it can be 8th or 10th of Muharram(Tasooah).

Salam
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by olabowale(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2009
If Yaaumu Ashura is the 10th of Muharam, then it is not important to the day of Ashura any fast done on the 8th. The 9th is to be combined with the 10th based on the ahadith of the messenger (AS).

And the death of Hussaine being on the day of Ashura is merely a coincidence. If you attach this with Ashura, you have fallen away from the Sunnah.
Afterall, the death of his son Ibrahim (ra) happened same day before the eclipse of the Sun, and the messenger (AS) did not allow the Madina community of believers (RA) to associate them together! Why would we allow the grandson's death to be associated falsely with a condition that started with Prophet Musa (AS) millennia before?
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by muhsin(m): 4:47pm On Dec 25, 2009
Jairzinho:

Its also the day the prophets grandson-Hussein was killed at Najaf.

Am really sorry to ask but are you a Shiite? I asked this because only Shiites observe this day as the day on which the Prophet's grandson was martyred. May Allah grant his soul an eternal peace, amin.
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by muhsin(m): 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2009
justfash50:

@poster

Salam Alaekum,

brother it should be 26th and 27th December 2009, since Hijra started on friday the the 18th of December 2009.

May Allah Reward us as we observe the fast on that day.amin

Do you live in Nigeria? Then check your Hijri calendar again. Today rightly corresponds to 9th and tomorrow to 10th of Muharram.

May Allah accept our Ibadah, amin.
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by muhsin(m): 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2009
justfash50:

Seems u r right it can be 8th or 10th of Muharram(Tasooah).

Salam

Re-check your calender. smiley
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by Jairzinho(m): 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2009
muhsin:

Am really sorry to ask but are you a Shiite? I asked this because only Shiites observe this day as the day on which the Prophet's grandson was martyred. May Allah grant his soul an eternal peace, amin.
no Im not Shia,but I livein a Shia village in the ME. Today & tomorrow(corresponding to 9th & 10th Muharram) are marked with the death of Imam Hussein in focus.
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by muhsin(m): 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2009
Jairzinho:

no Im not Shia,but I livein a Shia village in the ME. Today & tomorrow(corresponding to 9th & 10th Muharram) are marked with the death of Imam Hussein in focus.

Glad to learn about that. But you have to be extra careful.
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by Jairzinho(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
muhsin:

Glad to learn about that. But you have to be extra careful.
Why? Sunnis (and most especially the wahabbi school of Sunnis) are responsible for 99% of the religious violence in the world today. Shia are more accomodating.  wink
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by iwaboy: 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2009
Fasting in Muharram shouldn't be restricted to Tasuu'a and Ashoora alone. After Ramadhan, the best month of fasting is the month of Allaah called Muharram.
Jairzinho:

Why? Sunnis (and most especially the wahabbi school of Sunnis) are responsible for 99% of the religious violence in the world today. Shia are more accomodating. wink
You sound to me like a shite that's doing Tuqya. If that's the case, it's unfortunate.
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by iwaboy: 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2009
It was proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that the best fasting after Ramadaan is fasting in the month of Muharram. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best fasting after Ramadaan is the month of Allaah Muharram, and the best prayer after the obligatory prayer is prayer at night.” Narrated by Muslim, 1163.
With regard to the phrase “the month of Allaah”, mentioning the month in conjunction with Allaah is a sign of its great status. By this fact, the more one fasts in Muharram the better. Allaah is the source of strength.
Re: Tasuu'a And Ashoora Fasting=25th And 26th Dec., '09 by Jairzinho(m): 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2009
iwaboy:

You sound to me like a shite that's doing Tuqya. If that's the case, it's unfortunate.
HAHAHAHAHA ! cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Have A Look@ The KING Of Saudi's Grave / Muslim Woman Receives Death Threats From Round The World For Leading Prayers / Sadeeq Alabi Wins The International Qur’anic Recitation Competition In Jordan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.