Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) (2499 Views)

Dammy Krane Is Out Of Jail After Meeting His Requirement That Was Set At $7,500 / Omotola Arrives Warri For The First Time (Photos) / Jim Iyke Shows Off His Baby Mama For The First Time (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by Emman93(m): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
The idea of going to prison for a crime is a scary idea. Getting locked behind bars alongside an entire lot of other criminals is just asking for hassle. No longer to say that they (probably) have devoted crimes a great deal worse than your shoplifting incident or rushing ticket. You don’t want to get shanked or join a gang, do you? Well those judges got here up with some truthful outlandish ways to assist criminals pay the charge and pass out at the complete prison component.
Their prison sentences take creativity to a whole new level:

1.James Ibori Granted Bail!.

THEWILL can authoritatively report that Chief James Onanefe Ibori has been released by authorities in Dubai.

A source told THEWILL that though he is yet to speak to him, he was released on health grounds.

THEWILL checks however revealed that the former governor was given 'a temporary reprieve' because his health had deteriorated recently as he is known to suffer from high blood pressure.

Chief Ibori was temporarily released weekend to get some needed adequate medical care as he continues to battle his extradition to London.

Ibori's lawyers had filed bail papers not long ago according to sources familair with the matter, but the full details of his release are still being kept under wraps from THEWILL.
Read more here on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/637255/breaking-news-james-ibori-granted

2. Nyako, son, others granted N1.4bn bail cheesy

We all heard the news were A Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday granted bail to a former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, and his son, Abdul-Aziz, and others being prosecuted along with him for about N29bn fraud charges undecided.

The bail was granted to the four accused persons in the sum of N350m each with each of the four accused persons required to produce two sureties each or one surety who must be a serving director in any Federal Government establishment.
Only happen in Nigeria!!.

3.Court grants Ohakim N270m bail for N270m fraud grin

Hmmm,It's only A federal court! no state? . God help us in Naija.
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday granted a former Governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim, bail in the sum of N270m.

Ohakim, who is being prosecuted for N270m fraud allegedly perpetrated in 2008, is to produce a surety resident in Abuja to guarantee the bail.
Justice Adeniyi Ademola, in his ruling on the bail application, filed by Ohakim, also ordered the prosecuting agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, ‎to submit the passport and other travel documents seized from the former governor to the Deputy Chief Registrar of the court.

The judge was silent on where the accused person should remain pending when he would meet the bail conditions.

But Justice Ademola had, on Wednesday, ordered the accused person to remain in EFCC custody pending the hearing of his bail application on Thursday.

At the hearing of the bail application on Thursday, the defence counsel, Chief Chris Uche (SAN), urged the court to grant his client’s prayer.
Read more here http://www.newstrendworld.com/2015/07/court-grants-ohakim-n270m-bail-n270m-fraud

4.Money laundering: Court frees Fani-Kayode

A Federal High Court in Lagos has discharged and acquitted a former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, of money laundering.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had accused Fani-Kayode of dealing in several cash sums above N500,000 to the tune of about N100m without going through any financial institution, while in public office.

This act, the EFCC said, violated Sections 15(1) (a) (b) (c) (d) and 15 (2) (a) (b) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2004.
Read the full drama here http://www.punchng.com/news/money-laundering-court-frees-fani-kayode-2/

5.Bode George released from prison .

Bode George was released at 10am today to the waiting arms of top party chieftains, family members and a crowd of friends and political associates from diffrent parts of the country at the Kirikiri Maximum Security Prisons, Lagos. Reports indicate that some political bigwigs from the opposition parties including the Labour Party in Ondo State also secretly sent representatives.

Loyalists, friends and supporters of the PDP chieftan had thronged the Kirikiri prison as early as 5am this morning with brigade and live bands to welcome Chief Bode George.
Hmmm,thesame week he started accusing someone of stealing from his state
Bode George released from prison *Calls Tinubu an extortionist for taking N3b from Lagos treasury every month
So pathetic .

Nigeria will be better my dream grin grin
Re: You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
that's the nigerian gov't for you...
Re: You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Only in Naija undecided

Didn't read it sha
Re: You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by popeferd(m): 12:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
have u bin sleeping in d wilderness undecided THIS IS NIGERIA bro.
Re: You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by Khutie: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
grin who carez?

i
Re: You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by Faremisodeeq(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
It only happens here in nigeria. But i dont really blame the politicians i think the blame is from we the masses. When Bode George was released from the prison, they clebrated this man when he arrived in th church ( the house of God) i.e an holy place. Also when Ibori was released, the entire state was happy because of the money of this same people that was stolen. i fear for Nigeria oooo.
Re: You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by Pebcak: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
angry
Re: You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by Emman93(m): 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
It only happens here in nigeria. But i dont really blame the politicians i think the blame is from we the masses. When Bode George was released from the prison
like you already know the next person on my list. you sharp.
With Buhari's victory, I'll surely go on exile - Bode George
embarassed
Re: You Won’t Believe What These Criminals Got Instead Of Jail Time (photos) by furetin20: 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Money Moves: Annie Idibia Opens Hair Salon In Atlanta! / PHOTOS: Noble Igwe’s Traditional Wedding / Tee Blliz – I Love My Wife (tiwa Savage), My Account Was Hacked!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.