Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? (905 Views)

Angular, UI/UX And PHP Developer Wanted- Remuneration Up To ₦250,000 Monthly / Angular, Node And PHP Developer Wanted- Remuneration Up To ₦250,000 Monthly / The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by osile2012: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
Whats the easiest way for a php developer to come up with a mobile app ? What does he/she need to learn?
Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by yahoocrawler: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
osile2012:
Whats the easiest way for a php developer to come up with a mobile app ? What does he/she need to learn?

I am both a website designer and a programmer.
Connect on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/kinwapnigeriaforums
Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by FincoApps(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
I think Phonegap or Cordova is your answer
osile2012:
Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by namo(m): 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
osile2012:

bro the way up is down. no pain no gain. no easy say to success. learn the hard way and it will be easy after. I started from the scratch on own by Gods grace. you too can do the same.
Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by FincoApps(m): 5:49am On Jul 17, 2015
That's not what he asked dude.
namo:

bro the way up is down. no pain no gain. no easy say to success. learn the hard way and it will be easy after. I started from the scratch on own by Gods grace. you too can do the same.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by thewebcraft(m): 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
FincoApps:
That's not what he asked dude.
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy He's a Motivational Speaker cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by thewebcraft(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
osile2012:
Bro since you know php i think you should start with Cordova, build your app with html, css and JavaScript..build the backend with php.
He is how it works: Mobile App Connects to Backend and the backend searches the db for the request and brings back the response as json
your mobile app gets and displays the json response...
e.g lets say i want to search for a product named Gik you will perform a post request to my php script with Ajax e.g htttp://mywebsite.com/myscript.php?product=gik and the response can be: [{"product_id":"1","name":"Gik"}] ..... just use your JavaScript to get the json......

1 Like

Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by dwebdesign(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
thewebcraft:

Bro since you know php i think you should start with Cordova, build your app with html, css and JavaScript..build the backend with php.
He is how it works: Mobile App Connects to Backend and the backend searches the db for the request and brings back the response as json
your mobile app gets and displays the json response...
e.g lets say i want to search for a product named Gik you will perform a post request to my php script with Ajax e.g htttp://mywebsite.com/myscript.php?product=gik and the response can be: [{"product_id":"1","name":"Gik"}] ..... just use your JavaScript to get the json......

ON POINT.
Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by thewebcraft(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
dwebdesign:

ON POINT.
Thanks
Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by osile2012: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
Thanks all, will try out cordova . But is it the same as Phone gap ?
Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by thewebcraft(m): 9:50am On Jul 22, 2015
osile2012:
Thanks all, will try out cordova . But is it the same as Phone gap ?
Phonegap is built on Apache Cordova nothing else. You can think of Apache Cordova as the engine that powers PhoneGap. Over time, the PhoneGap distribution may contain additional tools and thats why they differ in command But they do same thing
Re: Whats The Easiest Way For A PHP Developer To Develop A Mobile APP? by osile2012: 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
thewebcraft:

Phonegap is built on Apache Cordova nothing else. You can think of Apache Cordova as the engine that powers PhoneGap. Over time, the PhoneGap distribution may contain additional tools and thats why they differ in command But they do same thing

Thanks for the explanation ..

(1) (Reply)

Website Design Training: Wordpress & Joomla (10 - 21, Aug, 2015) / Everybody Please Submit Your Website Url For Listing In A New Directory / Expression Of Interest: Design And Implementation Of CITN Tax Academy Web Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.