Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? (1901 Views)

It's A Sewing Machine; No, It's A Cake. / Is This A Burger Or A Cake? What Do You Think? / Abicakes. So Rich, So Moist, So Abiliciously Yummy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by lemma448(f): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hi people, I need help.
We have always baked cake in my house, especially during festive periods like birthdays but recently I made it commercial(I.e I bake and supply supermarkets around my house).

The challenge I'm having is getting the right mix to make my Cake moist.
Nobody has actually complained I kind of feel the need to improve my baking skills.
I look forward to your suggestions.
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Naijalifeusa(f): 12:19am On Jul 17, 2015
you can either put a cup of water inside the oven when baking the cake or add the amount of eggs called for in the recipe but add two extra egg yolks. The extra yolks add the density and moisture you'd find in a bakery cake

goodluck

1 Like

Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by laris: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2015
You may consider adding unsweetened yogurt
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by teey2(f): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
I bake too and I found that it has a lot to do with the baking time. Bake until no batter comes out on a toothpick inserted in the middle. Not even a minute more than that otherwise it bakes too much and becomes dry and crumbly. You just need to hone your timing skills (This is provided the recipe is a good one. You could share your recipe and I'll see if there's anything to improve on there)
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by lemma448(f): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
Thanks a million. I'll give this a try tomorrow and give you feedback.
Naijalifeusa:
you can either put a cup of water inside the oven when baking the cake or add the amount of eggs called for in the recipe but add two extra egg yolks. The extra yolks add the density and moisture you'd find in a bakery cake

goodluck
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by lemma448(f): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
This is completely new notwithstanding, I'll give it a try when I bake for myself. Thank you
laris:
You may consider adding unsweetened yogurt
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Nmeri17: 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
owky there's actually two ways to go about this.
1. its either you pre-PARR the cake with holy water or simply sprinkle it in the morning and evenings on the cake

2. or alternatively you use irrigation method on the cake. this is also effective (especially if you did agricultural science in high school)

I can supply the holy water. just call me on 0816 792 3770

PS: majority use the second method
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Tashaamania(f): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nmeri17:
owky there's actually two ways to go about this.
1. its either you pre-PARR the cake with holy water or simply sprinkle it in the morning and evenings on the cake

2. or alternatively you use irrigation method on the cake. this is also effective (especially if you did agricultural science in high school)

I can supply the holy water. just call me on 0816 792 3770

PS: majority use the second method
Nmerichukwu undecided
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Nmeri17: 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tashaamania:
Nmerichukwu undecided
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Tashaamania(f): 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nmeri17:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why will you be serious typing rubbish like this? undecided
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Nmeri17: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tashaamania:

Why will you be serious typing rubbish like this? undecided
had a bad day at school?? sad u know u can talk to me about it smiley
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Tashaamania(f): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nmeri17:
had a bad day at school?? sad u know u can talk to me about it smiley
On the contrary, today was a good day. I finished devouring part two of my massive chocolate gift and it was a public holiday today, I didnt go anywhere.

Did you have a bad day today
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Nmeri17: 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tashaamania:
On the contrary, today was a good day. I finished devouring part two of my massive chocolate gift and it was a public holiday today, I didnt go anywhere.

Did you have a bad day today

veeeeeeeeeeeery dry, boring and cold embarassed AC was on some north pole shii. i come dh reason if no be to dey carry blanket come office grin the yeye film I say make I watch kpakpa nor be am at all
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Tashaamania(f): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nmeri17:
veeeeeeeeeeeery dry, boring and cold embarassed AC was on some north pole shii. i come dh reason if no be to dey carry blanket come office grin the yeye film I say make I watch kpakpa nor be am at all
So you work? I think say I senior you oo undecided tongue
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Nmeri17: 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tashaamania:
So you work? I think say I senior you oo undecided tongue
looool...see this wan o!! I get your mate for house ke cheesy
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Tashaamania(f): 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nmeri17:
looool...see this wan o!! I get your mate for house ke cheesy
ori mì o!!!shocked shocked
Na lie jorr grin
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Nmeri17: 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tashaamania:
ori mì o!!!shocked shocked
Na lie jorr grin
bet why would u even think you're older than I am undecided such thoughts are indication that you're slowly derailing from sanity angry
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Tashaamania(f): 11:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nmeri17:
bet why would u even think you're older than I am undecided such thoughts are indication that you're slowly detailing from sanity angry
grin grin oyibo!
Abeg make I watch my vampire diaries small before I drift into sleep. Gugurunighty oo kiss
Re: What Actually Makes A Cake Moist? by Nmeri17: 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tashaamania:

grin grin oyibo!
Abeg make I watch my vampire diaries small before I drift into sleep. Gugurunighty oo kiss
cheesy cheesy na autocorrect naa...u no know as e dey do??

you never h-answer my question o sad

(1) (Reply)

Boiled Yam Served With Smoked/fresh Fish Vegetable Sauce / Mc_cakes And Pastry / Snake Pepper Soup For Snake Eaters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.