Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries (901 Views)

Check Out This Church Billboard Sighted In Lagos / Jackie Chan In Saudi Arabia To Perform Hajj (photo) / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
The Shawal moon was sighted in
Saudi Arabia heralding the start
of Eid ul-Fitr holidays in the
Kingdom from Friday, the official
Saudi Supreme Judicial Council
announced Thursday evening. Muslims in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and
the United Arab Emirates will celebrate
Eid ul-Fitr on Friday, the Al-Arabiya
news channel reported. Local media in
Qatar also announced the sighting of
the Shawal moon, marking Friday as the start of Eid holidays. Meanwhile, the Shawal moon was also
sighted in Turkey, Australia,
Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, and
Japan where Eid will be celebrated
tomorrow (Friday). The Ruet-i-Hilal Committee, the main
official body tasked for sighting of the
moon in Pakistan, is scheduled meet
today (Friday). Eid ul-Fitr celebrations begin after the
end of the holy month of Ramazan,
during which Muslims abstain from
food and drinks from dawn to dusk.
Eid ul-Fitr starts when the new moon
is spotted in the sky, making the Eid holiday different around the world.
Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
undecided
Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by Vanpascore(m): 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
Barka de sallah den, to d muslims
Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by SweetyZinta(f): 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Alhamdulillah.

May Allah accept our fasts and suplicatn tru out dis blessed month, grant us our hrt desires & Restore peace in our dear country Nigeria!!!

Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by Jaymaxxy(m): 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
Eid Mubarak
Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by Omotayor123(f): 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
Aku Oodun OOoo.
Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by jamst2(m): 11:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
Omotayor123:
Aku Oodun OOoo.
000oooooo wink wink

1 Like

Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by true2god: 7:26am On Jul 17, 2015
This reminds me of an epic movie 'APOCALYPTO'. The movie was directed by Mel Gibson and one of the major actor in that movie is named JAGUAR PAW.

Their land ,JAGUAR PAW, was invaded by enemy forces and he was taken prisoner and exiled to the enemy territory to be used for human sacrificed for the 'SUN GOD' festival.

As soon as JAGUAR PAW was to be sacrificed on the alter of the idol, the MOON was sighted by the by high priest which indicated that the gods had been filled with enough blood and there was no need for more human sacrifice.

The movie was an epic one and the current sighting of the moon reminds me of that movie APOCALYPTO.
Re: Eid Ul-fitr Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Other Countries by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
@true2god an ignorant fellow indeed, shall i ask u a question, before the
advent of the calender how do u know a new month secondly we muslims have our calender nd we
have our way of telling that there is a
newmonth(which you will know how if
you answer my question) and lastly
talking about gods did you know that
the gregorian calender which the western world is using and which
obviously you are using has it months
to be the names of accient roman
gods(research to confirm). i rest my
case!!!

(1) (Reply)

#theallsufficientgod: RCCG 63rd Annual Convention Programme / Is Smoking A Sin? / Is Judaism the oldest religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.