Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Is Smoking A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking A Sin? (900 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking A Sin? by guttentag(m): 9:52am On Jan 19, 2016
Dear nairalanders

Pls, is smoking w33d a Sin to God? For I sometimes feel like i am sinning unto God while burnin d w33d
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Emac34: 10:08am On Jan 19, 2016
guttentag:
Dear nairalanders

Pls, is smoking w33d a Sin to God? For I sometimes feel like i am sinning unto God while burnin d w33d
go and ask ur postor
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by veracious001(f): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2016
guttentag:
Dear nairalanders

not only to GOD, but also to yourself.....repent.....
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by winner01(m): 10:28am On Jan 19, 2016
Its a sin to God and yourself.
guttentag:
Dear nairalanders

You wont get any reasonable answer here friend. Its not a christian section

Visit: http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets

Your questions have been answered there
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by DjAndroid: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2016
The Bible helps us to have the correct view of the matter when it says: “Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey?” (Romans 6:16)

When an individual’s thinking and actions are dominated by a craving for tobacco, he soon becomes a slave to a degrading practice. However, God, wants us to be free, not only from practices that harm our body but also from those that corrupt our spirit, that is, our dominant mental inclination. (Psalm 83:18; 2 Corinthians 7:1)
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by openmine(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
!.Any thing harmful to you and those around you is wrong and must be avoided...

2.If you still insist on continuing and feeling its ur life and u can live it the way you want,then you are being selfish
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by guttentag(m): 10:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
winner01:
Its a sin to God and yourself.

How do you know?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by guttentag(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
openmine:
!.Any thing harmful to you and those around you is wrong and must be avoided...

2.If you still insist on continuing and feeling its ur life and u can live it the way you want,then you are being selfish

How is smoking harmful moreover it is weed and not cigrette

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
If God wanted you to be a smoker, he would have made a chimney on our heads.

God adjoins us to present our bodies as a living sacrifice holy, acceptable unto God which is our reasonable service (Rom 12:1)

Smoking affect you bodily. There is no single gain from smoking, only pains.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by openmine(m): 1:09am On Jan 20, 2016
guttentag:

How is smoking harmful moreover it is weed and not cigrette
Are you asking me how smoking weed is harmful to your body system?
Just so dat we dont go into a lenghty argument,pls google effects of smoking weed...If u r still not satisfied with google info,quote me and let me lecture u on smoking weeds....

(1) (Reply)

12 Things You Don't Know About Legendary Pastor BENSON IDAHOSA / I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? / About Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.