Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Best Comedy Movie Ever? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Best Comedy Movie Ever? (2901 Views)

Which Nollywood Movie Ever Made You Cry? / Best Comedy Show / Funniest British Movie Ever Is (2) (3) (4)

Best Comedy Movie Ever? by proudly9ja(m): 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2009
Ok, so there's a thread for Horrors, so I guessed there should be one for Comedies too. Im a sucker for both anyways.
So for me, the award for best comedy movie ever goes to (drums rolling),

DUMB AND DUMBER (Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels)

Lloyd and Harry are two lovable and friendly, but very stupid friends, who struggle with every aspect of life. Working as a limo driver, Lloyd drops off the beautiful Mary at the airport and instantly falls in love with her. Watching Mary through a window, Lloyd witnesses her leave her case behind. Grabbing her case, Lloyd is too late, but soon thinks of the next best thing. Dragging Harry with him, Lloyd heads off to Aspen to deliver her personally the case. However, Holly isn't the only person after the case, as a pair of criminals are after the same case.

Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by proudly9ja(m): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2009
And then there is:

AIRPLANE
- Leslie Nielsen

This is a spoof of the airport disaster movies. When the crew of an airplane are struck by some form of virus, the fate of the passengers depends on an ex-war pilot who is the only one able to land the plane safely! The passengers represent a selection of interesting wacky characters who seem to take every word for its literal meaning.

Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by proudly9ja(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2009
Now I never know whether to clasify Jackie Chan movies as comedies or action flicks but some of them sure make you laugh. Now when he stars with Owen Wilson, this is what you get -

SHANGHAI NOON (Jackie Chan, Owen Wilson)

A 19th century Western. Chon Wang is a clumsy Imperial Guard to the Emperor of China. When Princess Pei Pei is kidnapped from the Forbidden City, Wang feels personally responsible and insists on joining the guards sent to rescue the Princess, who has been whisked away to the United States. In Nevada and hot on the trail of the kidnappers, Wang is separated from the group and soon finds himself an unlikely partner with Roy O'Bannon, a small time robber with delusions of grandeur. Together, the two forge onto one misadventure after another.

By the way, some of the movies listed above, you can watch on www.aworantv.com

Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by DeReloaded: 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2009
Royal Tenebaums

4 Brothers
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by doyin13(m): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2009
Royal Tennenbaums was so not funny. . .All these weirdo comedies are rubbish

I nominate Le Diner De Cons. . . . A french film of immense class
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by DeReloaded: 12:48am On Mar 11, 2009
doyin13:

Royal Tennenbaums was so not funny. . .All these weirdo comedies are rubbish

Shut up and go and watch "Knocked Up" or whatever juvenile crap you find funny.

Eranko angry

Wes Anderson is awesome grin
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by Hauwa1: 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2009
i thot Jim Carrey's movies (too numerous to name) are really funny. anyone agrees hid movies are comedy?
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by SeanT21(f): 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2009
Next friday,Friday after next,etc,
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by proudly9ja(m): 12:34am On Mar 12, 2009
Jim Carey ranks tops amongst my fav comedians.

His movies, dumb and dumber, Ace Ventura, etc are very nice flicks and asides, he is a very good actor. He showed his 'other' side in the thriller 21. You should see that too. Its not a comedy, but its good
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by kokoA(m): 1:33am On Mar 12, 2009
gods must be crazy grin final!
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by tpia: 5:18am On Mar 12, 2009
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by tpia: 5:26am On Mar 12, 2009
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by obinna5000(m): 8:46am On Mar 12, 2009
Tootsie (1982)
Dumb & Dumber (1994)
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon I (1993)
Coming To America (1988)
Austin Powers In Goldmember (2002)
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by spikedcylinder: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2009

Who said anything about Class? They said COMEDY i.e anything that made you laugh so hard, you peed in your pants.

Any opp to sound "sofisticat" sha. undecided
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by sniperwolf(m): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2009
''A Night At The Museum'' is my favourite
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by bishoptboy(m): 11:15am On Mar 12, 2009
I like english comedy and i think one of my favourite is Death at a funeral
I'm not a fan of Jim Carrey. i prefer him in films where he is serious like number 23 and eternal sunshine of a spotless mind. I dislike ace venturer

and Austin power in goldmember too is nice

I like Chris Rock and Adam Sandler. check out Adam in Anger management. well i know many people dont like anger management but thats the film i came to like Adam Sandler's style of comedy grin
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by iice(f): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
Any comedy by Jim Carey.
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by spikedcylinder: 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2009
Notting Hill. That spike guy was just useless. grin
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by Hauwa1: 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2009
Jim Carrey is one funny guy grin will make you laugh till you crack up. i love ace ventura so funny and hilarious. i thot he acted mask too.

i also like Ernest (RIP man). ernest goes to Africa, ernest goes to school and ernest goes to prison was so funny grin grin. i watched them on TBS sometime ago.

those are my favorite actors when it comes to comedy (Jim Carrey and Jim Varney aka Ernest)
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by Hauwa1: 7:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
three men and a little lady grin

the marriage part was so funny grin
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by doyin13(m): 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2009
so no one else has seen ''Le Diner De Cons''

Biko . . . .una terrible oh

U lot need a lesson in culture
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by Pepeye(f): 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2009
Police Academy 1 to 7 and Far out Man

Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by SeanT21(f): 5:23am On Mar 13, 2009
Bridget Jones Diary and Bridget Jones:The edge of reason:I love these Bridget Jones films.so funny.

3 Men and a Baby:Another comedy that made me laugh.

Soul Plane:Love it.

BORAT:~~Where can i start?? cheesy

Wedding Crashers

Meet The Fockers

Meet The Parents
Re: Best Comedy Movie Ever? by damola1: 8:37pm On Mar 13, 2009
any solid LATIN FILM, BABA SUWE MOVIE will kill the job, it's tailed I watched any, but during the years past, I can remember: Baba londoner!!

I miss watching 9ja commedies, they are the best!

Xtreme Studios Skits & Comedy / Big Brother Africa 3 is Starting / Where Can I Download Game Of Thrones Season 7