Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos (4583 Views)

Danku Strips Unclad Over Messy Controversial Debt And Prostitution Scandal / Timi Dakolo Replies Twitter User Tired Of Seeing His Wife In His Music Videos / 10 Most Controversial Moments Of 2015 - 360jamng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 17, 2015
Shooting a video for a song helps make it more popular and have a lasting efffect However some musical videos are couched in controversies either as deliberately intended by the artistes or as a result of reactions concerning the Video.
Here is top ten Most controversial nigeria music Videos in no particular order .

1) Davido ( Fans Mi)- Mixed reactions trail the Single featuring Maybach rapper meek mill.Apart from the semi nude models,the show of guns and glorification of Cocaine ( which was later claimed to be wheat or semo as seen in d end of the video) as attracted controversy to d extent that there were news that NDLEA was investigating the Dami duro crooner.Directed by Sesan.

2) Tiwa Savage ( Wanted) -Wanted Off Tiwa Savage Once upon a Time is no doubt a good.But the Video raunchiness and suggestive dance steps by a woman who recently just got engaged to Teebillz sure stirred some controversy as the Moe musa directed flick was widely condemned.

3) Davido ( Skelewu) - Skelewu no doubt was a Monster hit. Aside the controversy the first video directed by sesan caused where Davido denied the video as the original video and said it was leaked.The Second Moe Musa Flick even Generated more Controversy for the Striking resemblance with LMFAO Party Rock "

4) Tiwa savage ( Eminado) - Eminado video seemed all good until A South African ,Rapper Tumi claimed the Video shared striking resemblance with his Asinamali video and the Concept was stolen by Clarence Peters

5) Olamide ( Story For the Gods) - Despite the Controversy surrounding the song for encouraging Rape ,the video also contained scenes showing acts of lesbianism. There were news going round that Olamide was to be investigated and prosecuted according to The new established law against gays and lesbians.

6) Maheeda ( Naija Bad Girl) - Maheeda Naija Bad Girl was an Internet breaker. The Video in which She appeared nude and other suggestive erotic dance styles attracted a Lot of Controversy .

7) Flavour ( Ashewo) - The First Video for d Flavour hit track Ashewo attracted a lot Of controversy for its Nude Scenes and suggestive dance steps.

cool Phyno ( Yayo) -Phyno Yayo video was highly controversial for its opening sequence of violent scenes and the display of Nudity in the video.And that girl in the Video.. Hmn hmn

9) Flavour ( Oyi) - The Video attracted controversy for the scene where Flavour kissed Tiwa Savage .It spark talks of Whether The duo were dating. It seem Flavour enjoyed d Act and went ahead to kiss chindima again in another video.. Next it might be patience ozokwor he is kissing.

10) Timaya ( Bum Bum ) - The Video free show of nudity attracted Controversy from critics and fans .The remix video featuring Sean Paul is not any different in the show of nudity and suggestive dances..

Notable Mentions

Yung6ix-Again
tunde ednut- buga reloaded
skuki- Silifa
Olamide- Voice of the Street
kelly handsome- Igwe
wande Coal- Bumper to Bumper

Compiled and Written by Iamsynord

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by INTROVERT(f): 8:34am On Jul 17, 2015
Seen
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Acekidc4(m): 8:34am On Jul 17, 2015
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by diasporaman(m): 8:44am On Jul 17, 2015
I don't know what to write yet
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 9:00am On Jul 17, 2015
This Davido again Always Stealing songs and Other people's Idea .I doubt if he ever wrote any song for himself

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by MissAdeife(f): 9:08am On Jul 17, 2015
I hate that Wanted video.Is it compulsory you do the bad girl bad girl ish.Stick to what suits you abeg
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by SirVictory: 9:12am On Jul 17, 2015
Almost all naija videos are controversial with all the unclothedness nd so on

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Warldbest(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2015
Blame the artiste nd also blame the video director
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Adultnextdoor(m): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2015
H
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by hatux: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2015
@iamsynord, what's wrong with silifa and bumper to bumper videos abeg ?

Meanwhile, you should add Mr 2kay ft Cynthia Morgan and shey shay bad girl....smiley
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
hatux:

Meanwhile, you should add Mr 2kay ft Cynthia Morgan and shey shay bad girl....smiley

lol go and watch d Two videos.den come back !!!
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by komzyb(f): 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
hatux:

lol..what 's wrong with that one..#kul song
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by komzyb(f): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
Wat about wizkid-in my bed
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2015
komzyb:
Wat about wizkid-in my bed
that one is not controversial naw.lol ??
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Cc lalasticlala,ishilove,mynd44
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
Eid Mubarak!!!!!!
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by ellahzy(f): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
**Expensive sh i!t

** German Juice
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Dekatron(m): 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hj
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by hatux: 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
komzyb:
lol..what 's wrong with that one..#kul song
Hey miss, i aint saying the song isnt cool, infact i love the song too. But I hope you get the word 'controversial' This song was one before it was released, or Did you get to see the video bts? Did you read news bout it before it was released?.... No, common!
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
hatux:

Mr 2kay bad girl
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
ellahzy:
**Expensive sh i!t
** German Juice
DAT Cynthia Morgan Self German Juice Kor Poland Zobo nii
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
that WANTED video is empty abeg. She didn't even do anything except wear the same dress for the entirety of the video and dance around lazily to a very dry song. What people saw in that video that made dem shout for fire to come down from heaven, i'll never know.

All other videos mentioned on this list to me r just variations of each oda. Naked women twerking and nothing else.
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by RedCard1(m): 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
Only in Nigeria will these kinda videos be termed "controversial"

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Izecson3D(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
Will be back.
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
RedCard1:
Only in Nigeria will these kinda videos be termed "controversial"

Truth RedCard1..But remember we have culture.The West don't..
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
shockwave91:
that WANTED video is empty abeg. She didn't even do anything except wear the same dress for the entirety of the video and dance around lazily to a very dry song. What people saw in that video that made dem shout for fire to come down from heaven, i'll never know.

All other videos mentioned on this list to me r just variations of each oda. Naked women twerking and nothing else.

Unclad get grade Oo.
In flavour ashewo video, bare breasts and nipples were shown, go and watch yayo video .

plus not all of them are based on nudity fish alone, Eminado is controversial on d stolen concepf
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
Iamsynord:

Unclad get grade Oo.
In flavour ashewo video, bare breasts and nipples were shown, go and watch yayo video .

plus not all of them are based on nudity fish alone, Eminado is controversial on d stolen concepf

i get yayo 4 my phone gringringrin

didn't know if u were talking bout ashewo remix or that 1st video(can't remember wat dat 1 looked like. It's so long ago)

eminado always felt like a copycat video 4 some reason. It's like i've seen it b4.
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
shockwave91:

i get yayo 4 my phone gringringrin

didn't know if u were talking bout ashewo remix or that 1st video(can't remember wat dat 1 looked like. It's so long ago)

eminado always felt like a copycat video 4 some reason. It's like i've seen it b4.

lol..
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by ellahzy(f): 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
Iamsynord:

DAT Cynthia Morgan Self German Juice Kor Poland Zobo nii

grin grin her only song dat I like is "don't break my heart" d rest eh__ nawa
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by ellahzy(f): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
shockwave91:

grin sorry 4 Tiwa small na eh? grin
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
ellahzy:

grin grin her only song dat I like is "don't break my heart" d rest eh__ nawa

Remember her first feature on Jhybo run their mouth She don blow pass jhybo now
Re: Top Ten Most Controversial Nigerian Music Videos by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
ellahzy:

grin sorry 4 Tiwa small na eh? grin

hehe. I think the 2 of us agree that WANTED is a steaming hunk of sh*t. Right? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is How Iphone 8, 9, 10, 10+ And 11 And 12 Would Look Like. LOL / SNOOP DOGG Surprised With 48 Weed To Celebrate His 48TH Birthday / The Nigerian Rap Music Pioneers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.