Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) (5644 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / Chicken Consumers Flay Increased Processing Charges / CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) by adamilen(f): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2015
I currently use a Prepaid meter from PHCN. I have been away for three months. When I came back there was no light at home and I realized that I had run out of units. I went to their office to buy credit worth N5,000 and I was told that I had to pay a "fixed fee" of N2,250 for not recharging for close to three months. shocked

Imagine trying to recharge your MTN line and being told that you pay N2,250 because you haven't recharged for some time. What then is the point of prepaid meter, if I still have to pay for what I did not use?

I complained, shouted, screamed, roared…..(remaining to put off my clothes and sit down on the floor) and did everything I could to explain to them that charge was too much.
They just sat there like statues looking at me, none of them even moved a muscle. When I realized that I was on my own, I had to add two thousand to the initial N5,000 making it N7,000 so that I could go home with something tangible.

Then they said I still have to pay VAT of N333.33. Total tax= N 2583.33. By then all the energy in my body had been sapped. I just gave them the money and went home.

When I came back home and loaded the credit, what did I see……HALF CURRENT.

I almost fainted. undecided

Re: RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) by xender(m): 9:40am On Jul 17, 2015
naxo dem de lie no b say d light still constant sef
Re: RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 17, 2015
undecided

CHANGE
Re: RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) by adebayo201: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2015
*clean nose*
Re: RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) by bedfordng(m): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2015
that is for service charge.some people even pay more than this because after purchasing the meter, some people will just leave it at home without installing it.when they intend to use it, most of them pays huge sum especially when they did not install it after a year.i think they should educate some people when it comes to prepaid meter that immediately you purchase it, you will be charged service fee every month
Re: RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) by jamace(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2015
Hmm. Naija is full of exploitation every where.
Re: RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) by stagger: 11:41am On Jul 17, 2015
750 per month X 3 months is 2250. There is no mistake there. If you feel aggrieved, drag them to court and join the NERC with them as it was NERC that authorized the increase from 500 to 750 service charge per month.
Re: RIDICULOUS CHARGES ON PHCN PREPAID METER - (Photo) by Neelzar(f): 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
NEPA or PHCN or IKEDC, whatever they call themselves these days

SCAMMING NIGERIANS SINCE 1965 grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Online If A Company Is Registered In Nigeria With CAC or Not / Nigeria’s Manufacturing Output Surges For Fourth Consecutive Month / How To Write Agreements (contracts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.