Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus (834 Views)

Are The Ilajes, Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Ikales And Eguns Really Yoruba? / Ijebus Are Not Yoruba !!! / 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by funmo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
With over 2 decades of Ijebuism in my blood, and having had my own share of the good, bad and ugly remarks that automatically comes with the being-an-Ijebu-syndrome, I’ve come to realise the lies permanently told on my fellow Ijebus. This is not even a rise in defence, mi ma raye iyen ke. Rather, it is an education. Mainly for those refusing to get educated. I don’t wish you get educated after reading… remain ignorant of who the Ijebus truly are.

IJEBUS ARE STINGY

Definitely the most-spread myth. A certain Ijebu man from way back probably refused to give his hard-earned cowries to an undeserving dude, who unfortunately has ph.D in rumour mongering. Dude got mad and connived with his heart to declare the Ijebu fella stingy, broadcast(ed) the rumour, and his offsprings followed suit ever since. Stinginess is a personal decision, not a collective character. Only beggars know stingy people by the way! Ijebus make the best managers, and this is what they get for it?

IJEBUS ARE WICKED

Really? Bet why la? Every human has the ability to do good or evil, depends on which choice he makes. The notion is wrong and not very logical. You don’t generalize with just few samples. Ijebus are good at heart. I am a living example.

IJEBUS!!! JUJU O O!

Ehmm..(scratches head… continuously). You see!!! The whole being the best in African magic stuff from back in the days arose from a need just to be the best. I agree Ijebus used to be expert in Juju. But this is 2015 Obatala-damn-it! Some of us have moved on, becoming great Christians and Muslims. If you are a faithful of your religion, Juju won’t affect you! Ehen!

IJEBUS LOVE PARTIES

Who no like better thing ke? We created the Owambeism people now largely subscribe to heavily. Don’t they say rest is sweet after labour. What’s big deal boogie-ing down on a weekend after a worked-out week? And the Ijebus will never be mediocre; always ready to give in their best in what they do. It is such quality that makes us standout, and these jealous folks are ready to bash us for it. Go ahead! But we won’t stop!

P.S. If you die hating the Ijebus, I’m sure one will appear on your interment just to spray your casket money! Why hate?

IJEBUS LOVE GARRI

The white substance is addictive. I agree. We make the best quality when it comes to Garri. Why can’t we enjoy our labour? It is a crime to like your own great results shey? I weak o o o! #teamGarriIjebu

I am that sharp Ijebu boy and mo lovu dede Ijebu

My Ijebu folks! What has it been like getting “harassed” by people who peddle these beliefs?

The non-Ijebus! What comes to your clean mind once you hear I J E B U ?

drop them in the comment basin and let’s straighten them out!!!

source: www.sharpijebuboy.com

pictures source: oloriolawale.com

Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by cerzo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Investment..let me know when the site starts developing..as a wise igbo man
Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by DrObum(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
In case OP makes it cheesy
Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by scholes0(m): 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
lol
Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by pupsyd: 2:25am On Jul 19, 2015
present sir!
Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by Kennycool1: 4:36am On Jul 19, 2015
funmo:
With over 2 decades of Ijebuism in my blood, and having had my own share of the good, bad and ugly remarks that automatically comes with the being-an-Ijebu-syndrome, I’ve come to realise the lies permanently told on my fellow Ijebus. This is not even a rise in defence, mi ma raye iyen ke. Rather, it is an education. Mainly for those refusing to get educated. I don’t wish you get educated after reading… remain ignorant of who the Ijebus truly are.

IJEBUS ARE STINGY

Definitely the most-spread myth. A certain Ijebu man from way back probably refused to give his hard-earned cowries to an undeserving dude, who unfortunately has ph.D in rumour mongering. Dude got mad and connived with his heart to declare the Ijebu fella stingy, broadcast(ed) the rumour, and his offsprings followed suit ever since. Stinginess is a personal decision, not a collective character. Only beggars know stingy people by the way! Ijebus make the best managers, and this is what they get for it?

IJEBUS ARE WICKED

Really? Bet why la? Every human has the ability to do good or evil, depends on which choice he makes. The notion is wrong and not very logical. You don’t generalize with just few samples. Ijebus are good at heart. I am a living example.

IJEBUS!!! JUJU O O!

Ehmm..(scratches head… continuously). You see!!! The whole being the best in African magic stuff from back in the days arose from a need just to be the best. I agree Ijebus used to be expert in Juju. But this is 2015 Obatala-damn-it! Some of us have moved on, becoming great Christians and Muslims. If you are a faithful of your religion, Juju won’t affect you! Ehen!

IJEBUS LOVE PARTIES

Who no like better thing ke? We created the Owambeism people now largely subscribe to heavily. Don’t they say rest is sweet after labour. What’s big deal boogie-ing down on a weekend after a worked-out week? And the Ijebus will never be mediocre; always ready to give in their best in what they do. It is such quality that makes us standout, and these jealous folks are ready to bash us for it. Go ahead! But we won’t stop!

P.S. If you die hating the Ijebus, I’m sure one will appear on your interment just to spray your casket money! Why hate?

IJEBUS LOVE GARRI

The white substance is addictive. I agree. We make the best quality when it comes to Garri. Why can’t we enjoy our labour? It is a crime to like your own great results shey? I weak o o o! #teamGarriIjebu

I am that sharp Ijebu boy and mo lovu dede Ijebu

My Ijebu folks! What has it been like getting “harassed” by people who peddle these beliefs?

The non-Ijebus! What comes to your clean mind once you hear I J E B U ?

drop them in the comment basin and let’s straighten them out!!!

source: www.sharpijebuboy.com

pictures source: oloriolawale.com

Ijebu Ree ' Yen, JuJu Re wa part1......@poster, pls oooo not near me pls grin
Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by funmo(m): 4:41am On Jul 19, 2015
Kennycool1:

Ijebu Ree ' Yen, JuJu Re wa part1......@poster, pls oooo not near me pls grin

hmmmmmmmmmm...aunti kehinde...e serious ..lolz
Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by Kennycool1: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2015
funmo:

hmmmmmmmmmm...aunti kehinde...e serious ..lolz

My Guy, I dey Fear dem....
I always Greet all Ijebus from Far not near, i hear person can also easily get pregnant like mariah story grin cheesy
Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by funmo(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2015
Kennycool1:

My Guy, I dey Fear dem....
I always Greet all Ijebus from Far not near, i hear person can also easily get pregnant like mariah story grin cheesy

people like you end up marrying one though

but you can't just agree with rumours hastily though

I understand where u coming from

and it'd be hard to convince you

but believe me... no people are actually what we people say they are!!!

kode wun wen , ke ma believi mi! e kan mi
Re: Major Erroneous Beliefs About The Ijebus by macof(m): 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
And what is wrong with juju undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is It Polically Correct To Say That The New Ooni Of Ife Is 3 In 1 ? / Military History Precolonial West Africa / Benin: Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.