Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App (31777 Views)

Is Learning Visual Basic Under Asp.net In 2017, A Waste / What Programming Languages Are A Waste Of Time To Learn? / Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by loomer: 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
dem no need do me... This is absolute NONSENSE

Na u talk so
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Greeny02(f): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
computer scientists....... am proud to b one
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Xyg12: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
Team Biafra working hard unlike Nigeria lazy oil spoilt lun.5ic
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Edigrows: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
na wetin dey reign now, App dev grin
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
nice...
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
Wheres d app...

NONSENSE waste of SKILL. Can the app recycle waste

Or,, make lawma come regularly. NONSENSE

Y U dey beef Na?
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
ice25:
but what keep drawing us back is what I don't know.

its our society oooo my sister.
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
Neduzze5:

Una make better mistake abeg. Ogbonna is not from CrossRiver. She is a Biafran... A real Igbo babe. Make corrections with immediate effect angry

And I'm sure she's the finest there!!

can U please brush aside our tribal differences and praise the girls collectively to show the beauty of our motherland
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by ChibuikeStanley7(m): 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
Promising ladies............ keep it up.
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by tonychristopher: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
ceometromedia:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-oT6VIgMk1RE/VajJEMMkYdI/AAAAAAAF6-U/7bFE-xGFwqc/s1600/20150420_134341-658x370.jpg[/img]
Five teen Nigerian girls won the Technovation international app challenge with their creation, a community waste disposal app. The girls, Praise David-Oku, Sonam Kumar, Nmesoma Ogbonna, Charlotte Takem and Grace Akpoiroro, all from Cross River State, and call themselves Team Charis, beat 10 girl teams from different countries. They went home with $10 000 cash prize

The competition challenges girls from the ages of 10 to 18 to build a mobile app that will address a community problem and submit it in the elementary or high school category.

“We first met in high school as classmates and met again at the iKapture Afterschool Academy where we decided to take up the challenge of programming for the first time. Despite our diverse backgrounds, we have dedicated ourselves to doing this project because of our collective interest in creating positive change in our communities” the girls wrote on their blog.

Team Charis used the MIT App Inventor platform to create the Discardious Android app. Congrats to them

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/nigerian-teen-girls-win-international.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

I know that there must be Igbo input there and nmesoma thanks for proving that Igbo are tribes to beat
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by mickey45: 1:37am On Jul 18, 2015
ice25:
so many potentials in this great country, but what keep drawing us back is what I don't know.

Go Girls

You could've have the best of teams.
But a bad team leader/manager will keep that team in obscurity.
It's going to keep being like this till our leaders stop being from the small-minded and mentally undeveloped class of our country's citizens.
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 18, 2015
ice25:
so many potentials in this great country, but what keep drawing us back is what I don't know.

Go Girls
"Tribalism" is the thing that is drawing us back, that's why we can't achieve anything since hundred years of this unfaithful marriage.
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by osyvv(m): 11:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
No one cares if na igbos or not, the basic this is that this girls have done this country proud, am so proud of u my sis Nmesoma, surely u will take after me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Developer? / Any Way To Stop Palmpay Security Plugin On A Phone / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.