Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:51 AM

Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa (789 Views)

Happy Birthday Mr Seun / An Open Letter To Mr. Seun / Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
Dear Mr Seun, I didn't want to go down the battle lane but unfortunately for us, it seems that's what you want. I created this topic (https://www.nairaland.com/2458030/islamic-badge-profile) so that you would remove the "Islamic" badge on my profile and the best he could tell me was
You should not be ashamed of your faith, sir. You knew
what was going to happen if you clicked yes, and you
clicked it. Case closed. Cheers!

I never denied I clicked yes. All I'm saying is, I don't want it. I never knew it would look like that.

Besides, who said I'm ashamed of my faith? Do Christians, athiests and people of other religions have a badge on their profile? So why Muslims? And how does putting that "Islamic" badge on my profile make me a better Muslim? How does it guarantee me a place in heaven? Or what pride is there in people opening your profile and seeing that?

Please and please, this Nazi attempt at demonizing Muslims and Islam is what I would not take. If other Muslims are proud of having that badge on their profile, that's their problem. I'm not proud of having it on my profile and that has nothing to do with being ashamed of my religion. I find it defamatory, irritating, downgrading, insultive, ridiculous and unnecessary. I equate it with the Nazis forcing the Jews to wear the yellow badge before and during World War II.

Or what exactly is the rationale behind it? To ridicule Muslims? To show that Islam is superior to other religions? To stop non-Muslims from commenting on Muslim threads?

I want the badge removed and after its removal, I promise never to go to the Islam for Muslims sub-forum again. I won't even read their posts when it makes front page. I have other Islamic websites I visit to learn about Islam and I would just continue visiting them. They don't give me badges when I visit or comment.

PS: I know you'll most likely react aggressively to this. You're free to ban me. You did that two or three years ago when I gave a suggestion in the writing/literature section, so I won't be surprised if you did that again. It's your forum and you can do as you wish.

Cc: Seun
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by badaoyeyemi(f): 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Mr SEUN take note
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
embarassed
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hahahahaha. Pele o.
So you're afraid of being stigmatized?
Bro you better understand that its time to move on.
Anyway, take heart bro.
Can't stop laughing out my as$.
Cc.
Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove.
Re: Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Ishilove: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
It will disappear on it's own after seven days. Sorry

(1)

The Secret To Some Girl's Beauty / The Terrible State Of Port Harcourt Road In Aba Abia State / Why The High Mortality Rate In Benue State???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.