Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Is Programming A Profitable Skill? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Programming A Profitable Skill? (1275 Views)

How To Learn Programming A Little Fast / How Hard Is Programming / Take Programming A Step Further _ With MATLAB. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Programming A Profitable Skill? by yungcheda(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hello,

Please I want to ask if programming is a profitable skill right now? Yes...its all about passion but passion just puts half on the table. The other half is the worth of the skill. Your intelligent replies will be greatly appreciated
Re: Is Programming A Profitable Skill? by thewebcraft(m): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
yungcheda:
Hello,
Please I want to ask if programming is a profitable skill right now? Yes...its all about passion but passion just puts half on the table. The other half is the worth of the skill. Your intelligent replies will be greatly appreciated
Yes it is, I started because i found it interesting and was passionate about it, I took it seriously building pet projects and it became a skill, now I'm building for Enterprises and client...it is very profitable because its hard to learn, when you can create a product that solves a real problem.
The whole point of writing codes for computers is to create solutions and solve problems that is not possible to be solved by humans in an efficient way. It was like this from the first generation of computing devices and it's still the same with today technologies and frameworks. They are all serving this single purpose. Also as soon as you have yielded one or more products that demonstrate something of value that meets someone's need. It can be the need of a small group of people (a company with a job opening where you can demonstrate the coding skills to do the position), or a larger group of people (customers that can all benefit from an app or service you've created). Knowledge is essential, but one or more actual programming products will go a long way in proving your capabilities to those with the money.

5 Likes

Re: Is Programming A Profitable Skill? by fattbabakay(m): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
If you know your way around it, YES.

1 Like

Re: Is Programming A Profitable Skill? by yungcheda(m): 1:11am On Jul 18, 2015
I heard to become a full programmer, one has to know not less than 4 programming languages?? Can one learn one and still be able to feed well??
Re: Is Programming A Profitable Skill? by yungcheda(m): 6:28am On Jul 18, 2015
I heard to become a full programmer, one has to know not less than 4 programming languages?? Can one learn one and still be able to feed well??
Re: Is Programming A Profitable Skill? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
yungcheda:
I heard to become a full programmer, one has to
know not less than 4 programming languages??
Can one learn one and still be able to feed well??
Who/What is a full programmer ? there are no halves nowhere, you either in or nay...

nah, don't think so,but once you learn one,you get the bug of learning others....It's like some love potion from Blackwell's School of Spells cool

(1) (Reply)

Freelancing In Web Development / Devs: Here Is A Free Idea For You / Testing My Codeigniter Skill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.