Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding (24929 Views)

6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks / Barber Drinks To Death In Lagos Over N10,000 / Before You Take Canned Drinks Again, Read This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by amakoro(m): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
After all the work you’ve put into your wedding day, the last thing you want is an upset stomach, bloating, or a gas problem. Nervousness, excitement, and all the other emotions you’ll experience on your big day are enough to deal with – you don’t want to add to the problems by eating the wrong foods. We have listed a couple of foods to avoid before the wedding, take a look.

Caffeine
Water is the best thing to drink before your wedding. Avoid coffee, tea, sodas, energy drink, and other caffeinated products as much as possible. If you’re a daily coffee or soft drink consumer, at least limit the amount you have that morning. Caffeine reduces the amount of water in the body and can lead to dehydration during the ceremony – often a cause of fainting at the altar.

Salt
Staying a safe distance away from the salt shaker is a good way to reduce the amount of sodium in your diet, but salt is a sneaky ingredient that hides in common foods, like hamburger, canned soups, frozen meals and processed cheese.
Consuming too much salt means you'll retain excess water, making you feel heavier – a problem that no bride wants to deal with. Aim to stay under 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day throughout your engagement, and eat fresh vegetables and other organic foods as much as possible.

Sugar
No matter whether you're into real sugar or artificial sweetener, neither is very good for you, especially in large quantities. Consuming too many sweets can alter blood sugar levels, not to mention add girth to your waistline. It's especially important to avoid sugar-free candy, diet soda and artificial sweeteners; the body has a difficult time digesting the sugar alcohol found in these foods, leaving your body bloated and uncomfortable. Satisfy any cravings for treats in moderation with natural alternatives like raw honey or maple syrup, and unleash your sweet tooth when you cut the cake at the reception!

Starchy foods
Starches are also foods associated with bloating and gas. Stay away from potatoes, pasta, and rice on the day of and the day before the wedding. Corn and breads can have similar effects – try wraps or pita bread for sandwiches if you need a snack before the wedding.

Alcohol
Too much toasting before the wedding can leave you puffy, along with a sour stomach and pounding head, so steer clear of alcohol until the champagne toast at your reception. Most alcoholic beverages are high in calories and have the uncanny ability to increase your appetite, resulting in added pounds before you say, "I do." Avoid drinking alcohol in the two weeks leading up to the big day, but if you must, order a cocktail that's low calorie, like a gin and tonic, and resist partaking in a second round!

Spicy food
Eating red-hot foods like peppers before the wedding is a bad idea; spicy food can make you feel flushed, break you out in a sweat and give you heartburn, indigestion and bad breath. Curry is perhaps the worst offender -- a tasty ingredient found in many Indian-inspired dishes, curry is almost guaranteed to leave your pearly whites with a dingy, yellow tint.

Fast food

While fast food may be a quick, convenient meal for a busy bride on-the-go, it's important to stay away from the super-size menus. Since the majority of fast food is processed, it's low in nutrients and high in sugar, salt and fat, which can slow digestion and add weight to your frame. Cut fast food from your diet in the months before the wedding as much as possible, and eat healthy foods high in monounsaturated fats instead, like avocados, peanut butter and raw nuts.

Diary product

Dairy doesn't affect everyone in the same way, but it can give some people a terrible case of cramps and bad gas. To ensure you feel your best on the big day, steer clear of cheese, yogurt and milk, especially if your stomach is already tied in knots with nerves! Dairy products are likely to only make a sensitive tummy feel worse. However, before you turn your back on the dairy aisle at the grocery store, consider adding Greek yogurt to your diet; it contains active cultures known as probiotics that help digestion and boost your immune system.

Onion
Onions are anti-inflammatory and fight bacteria and infection, and they're high in polyphenols, meaning onions could help prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease. Red onions are even believed to improve the memory because they contain flavonol quercetin, an antioxidant that benefits the brain.
However, even though onions are good for your health and lend salads, sandwiches and other foods a tasty kick, they can also leave you with an offensive odour and very bad breath. Avoid this potent vegetable two to three days before the wedding to ensure you walk down the aisle smelling like a rose -- with fresh breath in anticipation of your first blissful kiss as man and wife.

feel free to add your own recommendation
http://amarachia..com/2015/06/bloating-foods-and-drinks-to-stay-away.html

4 Likes

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by viceldo(m): 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
just say we should fast b4 and after our wedding undecided

168 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by bigiyaro(m): 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
in d nigerian context jst say make we no eat on our wedding day, if not u for list wetin we sopos eat.

24 Likes

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by sod09(m): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
viceldo:
like seriously I was thinking same way.....wetin make we chop den

18 Likes

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by pretydiva(f): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2015
U go 4 just say mk d person go on complete dry fasting b4 d wedding nau undecided

7 Likes

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by amakoro(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
viceldo:

if the need be
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by amakoro(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
pretydiva:
U go 4 just say mk d person go on complete dry fasting b4 d wedding nau undecided

grin

2 Likes

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by ogunwalea(m): 7:46am On Jul 25, 2015
Is garri allowed?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2015
And exercise too tongue
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by snazzy5050(m): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2015
Truth is?
U want peeps to fast before thier marriage? undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Make we no chop before wedding? undecided
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by san316(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Waris diz
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by mentorandfriend(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Reading...

**Modified**

As soon as I saw hamburger, canned soups, frozen meals, processed cheese, and all those western and european shiits, I knew it was just another off-the-mark article by a theorist who probably does not even have a first degree in food sciences or dietics.

What is wrong with everybody? Advisers without certificates everywhere we turn to.

6 Likes

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by snazzy5050(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Nneka123:
And exercise too tongue
Aaa my runaway helper tongue
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by snazzy5050(m): 7:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Nneka123:
And exercise too tongue
Promise and fail undecided
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by justi4jesu(f): 7:51am On Jul 25, 2015
amakoro:

if the need be

wrong advice, you should even eat pounded yam before your wedding to gain strength. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by Sanuzi(m): 7:51am On Jul 25, 2015
why
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by ritababe(f): 7:51am On Jul 25, 2015
lol bad guy, for all the stress u come say no food.

na fainting tins na
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2015
@OP, hope sey yhur upstair is functioning well? Cos all de things wey yhu list fr here na our matter o.
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by wristbangle: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2015
Nneka123:
And exercise too tongue

Lol. OP said food na. Which one be exercise dear?
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by ogunwalea(m): 7:53am On Jul 25, 2015
pretydiva:
abi oo

1 Like

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by ephemm(m): 7:54am On Jul 25, 2015
Wetin make we chop then?
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2015
snazzy5050:

Promise and fail undecided
Who you be abeg?
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by Ninilowo(m): 7:55am On Jul 25, 2015
viceldo:
Simple!
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2015
wristbangle:

Lol. OP said food na. Which one be exercise dear?
I'm just adding my own jor grin, even staying away from all those stuff, there's no way you won't bloat.
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by snazzy5050(m): 7:56am On Jul 25, 2015
Nneka123:
Who you be abeg?
Sch in benin stays in abj. Rememba? undecided
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2015
I remember as I bin dey mess during my wedding, dem gats postpone am indefinitely.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by Emerald94(f): 7:58am On Jul 25, 2015
You have just listed all the ingredients for preparing slow food...salt,onion.......and no fast food......the wedding is important but the marriage is what we should be more concerned about..

Whether you eat on ur wedding day,dress beautifully in gold,had ur reception in sun city or your honey moon in the moon..if your marriage doesn't workout well...all is vanity
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by kemylarge(m): 7:59am On Jul 25, 2015
all d while wet person dey chop pepper,rice,snacks y e no die.because e wan do wedding make person no chop again abi.how e go get energy waka dat day not to talk of to dance and anxiety wey go make u forget say u no carry ring until d pastor ask for it.guys a beg make una eat oooo.because dat morning tension no go free u chop
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by parzdor(m): 7:59am On Jul 25, 2015
P
Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by DanWrites(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2015
ok

Re: Bloating: Foods And Drinks To Stay Away From Before And During Your Wedding by IceDude(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2015
What caught my attention is that rice part. How dare u tell me not to eat rice! Am addicted to rice, there is no day i dont eat rice...I will eat rice before and after my wedding. Infact i will continue eating rice till i join my paternal grand father a renowned rice eater

(1) (2) (Reply)

Question Of The Day: Is Sugarcane A Fruit Or Vegetable? / Vesti, Zaron Reward Hilda Baci: Trip To Maldives, Supply Of Skincare Products / Meet My Low Budget Rice And Innocent Veggie Stew.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.