Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Ibiye Sokari - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ibiye Sokari (623 Views)

Ibiye Sokari 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibiye Sokari by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
I have always known I was different. That my imagination was very distinct and powerful. That I had a penchant for seeing the future or living lives of other people in my Mind.
Right from that first day I imagined Ikenna being beaten by his parents for swimming at the village stream. I had told him that he would be beaten with 'koboko' if he swam. But he had laughed and said his parents won't find out. I was six years then. He was nine. We were playmates because I had two older brothers who were his age grade and who refused to believe I was their sister. They hoped to make me their 'brother', that made the dangerous pranks we played much easier to involve me in.
I hadn't swam with them, because I had imagined my body floating lifeless the night before and my brothers crying helplessly, refusing to go home.

The day Ikenna was beaten, I was eating Hot yams soaked in mortared fresh pepper, onions and palm oil with my brothers. It was a Rivers delicacy which was best enjoyed with dry fish pepper soup.
Ikenna ran into the house with the speed of someone running away from death. He knocked over our meal causing my mother who was in the kitchen preparing some pies for a party to come into the sitting room to find out what was happening.
"What is it, Ikenna?" She asked holding him.
He was crying strongly, with tears and catarrh streaming down his face. He was struggling to go behind her and I and my brothers were worriedly looking at the door. Our food forgotten.
"Where is that stupid boy who wants to kill himself?"
We heard his mother's voice saying from outside the door.
My mother made to go outside with Ikenna but he clung to our chair and refused to bulge. So my mother released him and went out herself.
"What happened?" My immediate elder brother was asking Ikenna looking intently at the bleeding wound on his arm.
I watched as Ikenna struggled to explain, in between crying and hipcupping.
We had to strain our ears to get what exactly his blurred words were about.
"I told you, didn't I?" I said matter of factly with a perfect smug look.
"Mtchewwww,... Leave that one jare Nne" my eldest brother said ignoring my remark and focusing intently on Ikenna as he asked him...
"Did you call our names?"
That got all our three pairs of eyes trained on Ikenna, but at that moment we heard his mother calling him...

Visit www.rainafather. for more stories.

1 Share

Re: Ibiye Sokari by MinisterPelumi(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2015
Walk in with a bottle of Kunu and my Pop Corn......Front seat chilling! Ride on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'v found a female Davepen in here!

1 Like

Re: Ibiye Sokari by mentorandfriend(m): 10:14am On Jul 18, 2015
You have talent. Please come and update the story, and don't keep us in suspense.
Re: Ibiye Sokari by Divepen1(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2015
MinisterPelumi:
Walk in with a bottle of Kunu and my Pop Corn......Front seat chilling! Ride on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'v found a female Davepen in here!
Female Davepen
... Hmm

Okay....
Im seein my Nairaland wife....here

It's time to 'toast' (woo).
Rubs hand and blows air into it.

1 Like

Re: Ibiye Sokari by MinisterPelumi(m): 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
Divepen1:
Female Davepen
... Hmm

Okay....
Im seein my Nairaland wife....here

It's time to 'toast' (woo).
Rubs hand and blows air into it.
welcome Boss, whether U toast or not, she's all MINE *winks*

(1) (Reply)

Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Everytime We Fall / Newbie / Candy1 " This Story Is Crazy".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.