Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? (3292 Views)

Nigerians, Stop Starting A Sentence With 'Am' Or 'i' - Comrade Nnadi Goodluck / Is this grammar correct? : "I Were Never An Undergraduate Of OAU" - DSA OAU / Which Is Correct: I Was Vs I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by trippleKAY(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
Dis was a major argument btwn me nd my friend dis evening..... I said it was I want to Watch a movie she said its otherwise. Hellp
Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
undecided

I WANT TO BE SEEN BY A MOVIE...

1 Like

Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
We don’t use watch when referring to a film in the cinema..
We’re going to the cinema tonight .
What are you going to see ? (Not: What are you going to watch? )
I’m not sure. I really want to see the new Terminator movie but Nancy said she’s not interested in that .

On the other hand
We use watch , not see, when we refer to something on the television.
E.g I want to watch the television (Not: See the television)
Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
Both are correct.

Albeit, we use see for public performances and watch for television at home.

e.g I want to watch a movie on the television.

I went to see empire at the cinemas.

1 Like

Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by trippleKAY(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
ibotjaycob:
We don’t use watch when referring to a film in the cinema..
We’re going to the cinema tonight .
What are you going to see ? (Not: What are you going to watch? )
I’m not sure. I really want to see the new Terminator movie but Nancy said she’s not interested in that .

On the other hand
We use watch , not see, when we refer to something on the television.
E.g I want to watch the television (Not: See the television)
thanx bro! But wat abt d movie on a laptop?
Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by marshalcarter: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
#in ibadan gals voice# I wanto wasee a mofilm#grin
Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by thegoodone2(m): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
To see
Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by KennyWheeler: 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
I am using Cinema HD to watch interesting movies I like it very much you can see more information here https://cinemahdplus.com/
Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by JaquanOriol: 2:46am On Aug 12, 2021
Thank you for sharing. You can experience Rokkr, an application to watch TV, TV series that you trust very much here: https://rokkrplus.com/
Re: Please! Which Is Correct: I Want To Watch A Movie Or I Want To See A Movie??? by geckoacrobat: 7:35am On Sep 17, 2022
JaquanOriol:
Thank you for sharing. You can experience Rokkr, an application to watch TV, TV series that you trust very much here: rokkrplus
i think you also try at https://cinemahdv2.net/

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Cupite/kegite? / Nacabs Polytechnic Akwanga, Nasarawa State 2015/2016 POST UTME..O7O39293182 / Time to Bash any Course/Discipline that u think their students forms a lot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.