Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? (702 Views)

Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? Please Give Reasons! / Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Secrets11(m): 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
Let's discuss this simple topic on finance. Would you own a joint account with your spouse? Yes/No?. Give your reason(s).....
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by kliq(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
Yeah but that should be a Sub-account
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by nidera(f): 12:05am On Jul 18, 2015
yes but I will still have my personal account
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 18, 2015
If I trust her and she's frugal......then no problem........in fact I'd beg her to share with me, since I'm not so economical
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by BundlesOfJoy: 6:29am On Jul 18, 2015
Nope I don't believe in joint account. I have my money he has his own, I settle my share of the bills and vice versa. Though I suspect if I didn't work and was a housewife my answer would be different cos no one likes to stare at empty account grin
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by TooNoisy(f): 6:48am On Jul 18, 2015
We don't have a joint account cos it doesn't work for us. We know how much we both earn which I think is most important. Then we know how we share the bills and how much we need to save. My husband decides and manages the savings and investment accounts cos he understands finance better. Me , I no sabi save o.

In all, there is enough transparency and we both have enough money for miscellaneous expenses that may be personal.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by CoCoLav(f): 8:07am On Jul 18, 2015
Yes but the money should only be utilized for joint projects.
Both of us put a particular percentage of our monthly income in the joint account each month depending on who earns higher (like tax).

The rest would go to each person's personal account but both of us have to share the responsibilities. So if he is paying school fees, paying the rent and buying school books, I would be responsible for household feeding and utilities (e.g water bills, electricity).

That's how my parents do it and it works.
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by IceDude(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2015
Tufiakwa! Not even in my dream....After God fear woman.
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by NifemiOlu(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
No
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
No. I like my privacy. My financial privacy.
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
NO!!!!.. Everyone got his/her life to live...
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by jossy26: 1:58am On Jul 19, 2015
Yes if you both have similar financial philosophy,if not please maintain different accounts, some people aint frugal at all
Re: Would You Own A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by tpiadotcom: 2:04am On Jul 19, 2015
Secrets11:
Let's discuss this simple topic on finance. Would you own a joint account with your spouse? Yes/No?. Give your reason(s).....

Who wants to know and why do they need the info. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why Biting Your Nails Could Actually Be Good For You. / You Have An Option To Save Just One. Who Would You SAVE??? / The DJ Kept Playing"oga Titus".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.