Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Freezing Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Freezing Laptop (1126 Views)

Help On Mouse Freezing Problem / Best Fixes For A Freezing Laptop Touchpad You Can Try By Yourself! / Skype Video Call Freezing, Any Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freezing Laptop by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 18, 2015
My laptop hangs frequently, now very slow and always saying not responding at everything i click. Its really frustrating,even 2 startup takes ages. I thot it was d os wch i'v reinstalled,same thing stl happens. i checkd d ram & processor bt stl d same i.e 3gig & 2.20 respectvly so no limitatn of speed. Could it b d hard disc(500gg)?do i need 2 change it
Re: Freezing Laptop by Ngasky(m): 6:42am On Jul 18, 2015
how many antivirus did you install on it? don't install more than one.
even if you uninstall the old one before installing new one both remains in your system.
uninstalling antivirus is a little bit difficult and it makes your computer to became very slow if you have more than one antivirus
Re: Freezing Laptop by Nairalandar: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2015
Ngasky:
even if you uninstall the old one before installing new one both remains in your system.
uninstalling antivirus is a little bit difficult and it makes your computer to became very slow if you have more than one antivirus
do u mean having more dan one anti virus slows down d performance of laptop? I hav been noticing dis slow n atimes hanging of my laptop while browsing.... I have 3 antivirus on my lappy.. Avast, smadav and one window av sha...
Pls how do i go abt it..?
Re: Freezing Laptop by Ngasky(m): 8:32am On Jul 18, 2015
Nairalandar :
I have 3 antivirus on my lappy.. Avast, smadav and one window av sha...
Pls how do i go abt it..?
[url][quote author=Nairalandar ]
that is the cause of your problems.
first if you can install an uninstaller software on your computer it will be better to do it with that.
if you cant then try the following
go to add/remove program and uninstall all the antivirusses
then go to run and type msconfig and then press enter it will open a dialog page
be careful here go to services and look at the programs make sure all the antivirus there were stopped and you may see other softwares that you may have uninstall before eg corel and pdf application make sure any software that was removed you stopped it there
still in the dialog click on startup and do the same thing
then save it will ask you to restart say not now/later
open my computer go to hard disc you will see folders go to program folder and open it you'll see folders of all your installed programs go to those of antiviruses and change the names of those folders to anything you like
now restart your computer
after starting the dialog will pop up by itself click on start normal and ok it will try to restart again but click not now/later
open hard disk then program folder and go to those folders you renamed earlier and delete them. then restart your computer again
try that and tell me whether the problem has been solved if not you have to edit your registry and ill tell you how to do that also
Re: Freezing Laptop by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2015
Ngasky:
Thx 4 ur response bt i only hv 1 anti virus on my system
Currently d chkdsk has been on CORRECTING ERROR IN INDEX $I30 FOR FILE 124651 for over an hour now. Same happened yesterday bt i forced shutdown,ds morin same.i tink my hdd is on its way out
Re: Freezing Laptop by shawlxAk(m): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
Charlesamino:

Thx 4 ur response bt i only hv 1 anti virus on my system
Currently d chkdsk has been on CORRECTING ERROR IN INDEX $I30 FOR FILE 124651 for over an hour now. Same happened yesterday bt i forced shutdown,ds morin same.i tink my hdd is on its way out

Chkdsk can take a while to complete, depending on the size of the hard disk and the amount of work to be done. Next time, try not to shut it down forcefully. You can let it run overnight or something. Test the system with another working hard disk.
Re: Freezing Laptop by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
shawlxAk:

Chkdsk can take a while to complete, depending on the size of the hard disk and the amount of work to be done. Next time, try not to shut it down forcefully. You can let it run overnight or something. Test the system with a another working hard disk.
Hw easy is it gettin a laptop hdd 2 test,probably wl hv 2 c an engineer
Re: Freezing Laptop by shawlxAk(m): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
Charlesamino:

Hw easy is it gettin a laptop hdd 2 test,probably wl hv 2 c an engineer

Do you have a LiveCD/DVD? You can also use that to diagnose problems with your HDD. As a last resort, see your engineer.
Re: Freezing Laptop by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
shawlxAk:

Do you have a LiveCD/DVD? You can also use that to diagnose problems with your HDD. As a last resort, see your engineer.
aiit thx

1 Like

Re: Freezing Laptop by Nairalandar: 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ngasky:
[url]
Thanks boss.... now working perfectly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Laptop Deals Here / China Builds World's Most Powerful Computer / HOMTOM HT7 - New Smart Phone In Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.