Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young (1064 Views)

The Travails Of Marrying Late / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by adedokun12(m): 9:20am On Jul 18, 2015
The Benefits of Marrying Young

When it comes to having a happy marriage, researchers have found that getting hitched between the ages of 22 and 25 seems to be the sweet spot. That’s just an average, of course, but the benefits outlined below mostly focus on “young” as being one’s early to mid-twenties.

You (and those you date) will be carrying less baggage.

I was recently talking to a single friend in his 30s who was bemoaning the dating scene for folks his age. He said, “When you look at it, if a person is reasonably normal, they’ve probably had about one semi-serious relationship each year, or every other year, since they’ve been teenagers. When you get to your thirties, you’re carrying more than a decade’s worth of break-ups, lingering feelings for past partners, trust issues, and disappointments with you. Everyone you date has got a bunch of baggage.”
When you marry young, you and your wife have less exes, old flames, comparisons, and retroactive jealousy of each other’s past relationships to deal with. You can start life together with more of the guileless freshness that lends itself to unabashed and lasting romance.

You’re more likely to marry someone with whom you’re highly compatible.

A lot of folks put off marriage so they can shop around longer, thinking that the more they look, the better chance they’ll have of finding someone who’s just the right match for them.
Yet research suggests you’re more likely to marry a true peer and someone whom you have lots in common with if you marry in your 20s as opposed to later. It makes sense. Couples who get married in their 20s often meet in college, a time in your life when you’re surrounded by tons of people who are of similar age and background and have similar interests. It’s easier to find someone who’s the yin to your yang in the classes, clubs, and extracurriculars you’re interested in, than it is to sort, or swipe, through a random assortment of women online.
So too, the longer you wait to get married, the more ideal potential partners get taken off the market. As Dr. Meg Jay, author of The Defining Decade puts it, “Even though searching may help you find a better partner, the pool of available singles shallows over time, perhaps in more ways than one.”

You’ll have more sex (even years after you marry).

Staying single may seem like a good way to keep the sexual good times rolling. Yet surprisingly enough, research has actually shown that married men have more and better sex than their single peers. Why would this be? Getting a woman to come home with you, even if you’ve mastered PUA techniques, takes time and effort. Instead of having to troll nightclubs or lucking out that the girl on the internet you’re interested in will also swipe right, married guys got the Mrs. to go home to.
If you want to enjoy a robust married sex life even in your 30s and 40s, the research also suggests that couples who tied the knot in their mid-twenties have more sex than couples who got hitched later on. Why? Researchers aren’t sure. Maybe it’s because you have more energy for sex in your 20s, and what starts out hot and heavy, echoes on that way through the decades.

Read more: http://www.adedokun.com/2015/07/benefits-of-marrying-young/#ixzz3gECPftXR

1 Like

Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by DTOBS(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2015
see me see gbege oooooo, yesterday it was "danger of marrying earlier", today, na d benefits. wetin tomorrow go be nah
Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2015
DTOBS:
see me see gbege oooooo, yesterday it was "danger of marrying earlier", today, na d benefits. wetin tomorrow go be nah
Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
I guess i've missed the bus cry
Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by Chubhie: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
pcguru1:
I guess i've missed the bus cry
No worries.... Molue next turn. All na same means to an end.
Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by pacino26(m): 12:59am On Jul 19, 2015
DTOBS:

Hahahahahahahaha, try to get married in the middle I don't think they have a thread on that yet.

Point one is true and that's the only point there. But then our society don't encourage early marriage unless you've a silver or stainless spoon attached to your nose at birth.

Funny thread.

Sunday morning already shocked, where's the weekend na?
Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by Nobody: 2:12am On Jul 19, 2015
How did I land here? undecided
Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by DTOBS(m): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2015
pacino26:

Hahahahahahahaha, try to get married in the middle I don't think they have a thread on that yet.

Point one is true and that's the only point there. But then our society don't encourage early marriage unless you've a silver or stainless spoon attached to your nose at birth.

Funny thread.

Sunday morning already shocked, where's the weekend na?

baba,na true u talk oooooo,den never get gist for marrying in the middle...
Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by KanwuliaJara: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
100% CORRRRRRRRECT!!!!! kiss
Re: 10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young by 1miccza: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
DTOBS:

Tomorrow e go be dangers and benefits of marrying earlier

(1) (Reply)

A Husband's Answer To A Malicious Wife / Safety Tips For The Christmas Holiday Season / Is It Right To Travel (from Delta To Enugu State) For A Sales Boy Marketing Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.