Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,489 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:35 AM

I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water (2817 Views)

Photos:pastor Climbs On Church Members Makes Them Eat Carpet / Another Pastor Rides Church Members Like Horses, Even Made Them Eat Soap / Pastor Turns Woman’s Hair Into ‘Delicious Food’ And Worshippers Eat It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water by Demmzy15(m): 1:12am On Jul 25, 2015
channelz:
Are you for real? I mean, this your manner of response is quite okay; I'll respond likewise:-
Though I didn't make the Bible my only source, I am more into the KJV of the Bible. I took note of the verses you quoted from the book of John:
19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth...
Like we all know crucifixion is a slow form of execution, some victims are known to be tortured and crucified in which the survived. It is very unbelievable for a man like Jesus who is known to have fasted for 40days and 40nites without food or water to die within 3 hours of being crucified. He's known to walk long distances in the Countryside under hot sun, so what made him die within 3 hours? Jesus was also known to be healthy man, so therefore he can't die in such a short time. I agree it was a drinkable vinegar that was given to him, but my question is what was inside? We'll see that.

We all know there are different types of vinegar, right? So which was it?
Agreed it's a drinkable one.

Apparently you are familiar with the Bible. In correcting me concerning the "whole earth" being covered in darkness, you quoted from the book of Mark where the type of vinegar was specified in KJV:

Mark 15:23 And they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh: but he received it not.

It can therefore be said that it was herbal wine vinegar as opposed to "poisoned" vinegar. A jar full of wine vinegar, probably for the use of the soldiers, and occasionally offered to the sufferers to soothe a part of their torment.

Hyssop plants have these bitter leaves used in little amounts in salads and as seasoning in soups. But in this case we talking about the stalk, to reach for the distant lips I suppose.
I agree with the use of the hyssop stem, when we go to Mathew, he mentioned something entirely different in the drink which might be the poison. Now don't get me wrong, the drink was layer accepted in which he drank from. Let's see:

"And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull, They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink." Mathew 27:33-34

@colored, what's this gall?
The word "gall" in Mathew is "cholê" in Greek. The word cholê means gall but in Greek poetry it is often used in the sense of poison, particularly relevant is the fact that in the Septuagint translation of the Old Testament cholê is employed to translate the Hebrew word ro'sh, poison. This could be seen in the old testament:
"They also gave me gall for my food. And for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink." Psalms 69:21

A Ro'sh or Cholê has a range on meanings including poison, venom or hemlock(a type of poisoning tree in Palestine). http://biblehub.com/commentaries/psalms/69-21.htm

The Bible Study Site States: "The English word gall, in the New Testament, comes from the Greek word chole (Strong's Concordance #G5521) which literally means poison. All the Old Testament verses that use this word (Lamentations 3:5, 3:19, Jeremiah 8:14, 9:15, 23:15 and so on) have a common definition of something that tastes bitter and is (many times) poisonous.

So from both verses from Mathew and Mark, we can conclude that the vinegar or wine was treated with a poisoned gall and then added with myrrh to improve the scent or fragrance. So if you'll agree with me, it was a camouflage. The speed at which Jesus died was so surprising, nevertheless crucifixion is a known torture death.

Therefore Christ could not have died from tasting the soldiers' wine...Wouldn't you agree?
If he indeed drank a wine mixed with gall and myrrh, in which was poisoned. If the myrrh wasn't added to improve the flavor and smell, the wine would have been undrinkable due to the effects of the gall.

Yeah, I found out that stories like that aren't found in the Quran. It should be from one of the Biographies of Muhammad right? I also read it from a Muslim who was defending his Prophet.
It's found in the hadeeth and Sarah also known as biographies.

Why did he the Prophet (who detected the poison which his companions didn't) allow his companion to eat the poisoned food which killed him first?
From Tabari Volume 8, page 123, 124:
When the messenger of God rested from his labor, Zaynab bt. al-Harith, the wife of Sallam b. Mishkam, served him a roast sheep. She had asked what part of the sheep the messenger of God liked best and was told that it was the foreleg. So she loaded that part with poison, and she poisoned the rest of the sheep too. Then she brought it. When she set it before the messenger of God, he took the foreleg and chewed a bit of it, but he did not swallow it. With him was Bishr b. al-Bara b. Marur, who, like the messenger of God, took some of it; Bishr, however, swallowed it, while the messenger of God spat it out saying, "This bone informs me that it has been poisoned." He asked, "What led you to do this?" She said: "How you have afflicted my people is not hidden from you. So I said, "If he is a prophet, he will be informed; but if he is a king, I shall be rid of him"". The prophet forgave her. Bishr died of the food he had eaten."

Notice the underlined that Bishr had already swallowed this meat, and if the Prophet Muhammad had also swallowed, then it would have probably killed him

From Ibn Sa'd page 249:
"Verily a Jewish woman presented poisoned (meat of) a she goat to the apostle of Allah. He took a piece form it, put it into his mouth, chewed it and threw it away. Then he said to the Companions: "Halt! Verily, its leg tells me that it is poisoned." Then he sent for the Jewish woman and asked her; "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "I wanted to know if you are true; in that case Allah will surely inform you, and if you are a liar I shall relieve the people of you."

Was Muhammad trying to prove he's a Prophet/ a miracle working one at that? The story states that the food told him:
"There's poison in me" and yet he ate the food together with his companions. Why? I really want us to make common sense.
As you can see from above, the food was already in their mouths even with the latter swallowing it. Immediately the command came, he spat it out.

I must say you almost nailed it but citing wine vinegar to mean poison is the point I'm yet to get.
I hope you'll get it.

I do know for sure that how a Prophet dies does not and can never discredit such a Prophet. Even Christ was reported to have said:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee..." Matthew 23:37
Thank God you understood this point perfectly well.

1 Like

Re: I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water by Demmzy15(m): 2:12am On Jul 25, 2015
Ifeann aka parisbookaddict, what happened to this thread? Hope you aren't running away o? shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/2460007/islams-view-womens-intellect-why/2#36135296

Incase you make mouth, I've bookmarked the thread, so I still gat all my replies to you.

Re: I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water by parisbookaddict(f): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2015
Demmzy15:
Ifeann aka parisbookaddict, what happened to this thread? Hope you aren't running away o? shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/2460007/islams-view-womens-intellect-why/2#36135296

Incase you make mouth, I've bookmarked the thread, so I still gat all my replies to you.

The thread was deleted by the mods who are scared of getting murdered by muslims. .

Re: I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water by Demmzy15(m): 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
parisbookaddict:

[s]The thread was deleted by the mods who are scared of getting murdered by muslims. .[/s]
Hope you aren't doing takkiyah? undecided
Re: I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 26, 2015
Demmzy15:

Hope you aren't doing takkiyah? undecided

Al takkiyah isz an islamic concept so technically only muslims can practise your takkiyah tongue
Re: I Will Make Them Eat Bitter FOOD And Drink POISONED Water by Demmzy15(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Jagoon:

Al takkiyah isz an islamic concept so technically only muslims can practise your takkiyah tongue
Amebo, Paul told us to do takkiyah to win converts tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of African Gods; Share Your Ancestors Gods. / Easter: Governor Okowa Tasks Christians On Love, Peaceful Co-existence / Mysterious Statue Worshiped In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.