Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,251 members, 7,822,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help (1879 Views)

Stolen Car - Toyota Corolla 2007 / ECU/BRAIN BOX FOR TOYOTA COROLLA / Price For New And Tokunbo Fuel Pump For Toyota Corolla 2007 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by kmzee(m): 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
Good evening Fellows and BARK DA SALLAH to Our Muslim brothers .
I bought a TOYOTA COROLLA 2007 late APRIL 2015 but unfortunately
My father passed on 23th-APRIL 2015, burial was scheduled for 8th-May -2015
However on the 10th-May -2015 after the burial I had an accident and My
dear sister died in the accident (so sad and painful) and the body of car badly damaged
(see pics). Im not sure I would the car shape again, if I patronize panel beaters so I opt
to look for the car body to buy.... cos the interior and engine of car are in good condition.
I hope someone on this forum can be of help.
Pls contact me on 08024485218 for any good news
Thanks

Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 19, 2015
I sympathise with you on your losses, may the souls of the departed rest in Eternal Peace.

But...you had an accident in that car, an accident which claimed your sister's life. And you're still considering re-shelling that same car for use?? Personally, I would scrap it! Such a car would never be the same again.

At least, not for me.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by kennybabs1980: 4:15am On Jul 19, 2015
Siena:
I sympathise with you on your losses, may the souls of the departed rest in Eternal Peace.

But...you had an accident in that car, an accident which claimed your sister's life. And you're still considering re-shelling that same car for use?? Personally, I would scrap it! Such a car would never be the same again.

At least, not for me.
correct!
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by 3ace(m): 5:52am On Jul 19, 2015
I agree with Siena-the extent of damage will make it extremely difficult to fully revive this car. Don't waste your money; you might not be too impressed with the result. But what could have led to this accident? Sudden tyre burst? Because the road seems smooth from the pix. RIP to both of them and may God continue to protect you.
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by femmy2010(m): 9:54am On Jul 19, 2015
Siena has said it all.
Scrap it.
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by Denn(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2015
May God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss.

Analysis of damage:
Body shell and structure. Write off
Wheels. No longer safe for use. Dents on rims noticeable.
Engine. Structural damage highly probable due to high impact during accident. Possible salvage but needs detailed check.
Interior. Seat frames deformed. Dashboard damaged. Airbags deployed. Possible salvage of knobs, switches and dials. Maybe radio. Others not likely.
Overall, vehicle not fit for use as a transplant.

Advice: sell off as a complete scrap. Average of N50,000.

Funds to be used for repair could be used in getting a cheaper alternative. (N400k will get a good used car).

Regards
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
kmzee:
dear sister died in the accident (so sad and painful) and the body of car badly damaged
(see pics). Im not sure I would the car shape again, if I patronize panel beaters so I opt
to look for the car body to buy.... cos the interior and engine of car are in good condition.
Thanks

I will buy the accident car just in case you are selling.

Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by ogawisdom(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
Op sooo sorry for ur losses esp d death of ur sis. Hw did u survive this accident, I tank God for saving ur life. U must get to d root of this accident I personally suspect foul play frm ur villa ppl angry some ppl might want u dead pls go spiritual on this ooo. U bought a car in April ur father died, u went for burial in May d car killed ur sis n got damaged beyond repair dts tragic. Dt car na curse, there is need for serious prayers.
D goodnews is dt u r still alive

On restoring d car better take d advice of d experts n scrap it. I can't ride in a car dt killed my sis again.

Op u need to mourn ur sis first like for six months b4 tinking of another car its jst 2 months ur sis died, I am shocked as to d way u tink
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
This may sound harsh, but upon reflection, something tells me the essence of this thread is to sell the smashed car. Because I find it difficult to comprehend how any guy could be thinking of piecing together a car they crashed, resulting in the death of his sister. I would be consumed with guilt that I survived, and she died.

Heaven forgive me if I'm wrong, but something tells me I'm not.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by Denn(m): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
ogawisdom:
Op sooo sorry for ur losses esp d death of ur sis. Hw did u survive this accident, I tank God for saving ur life. U must get to d root of this accident I personally suspect foul play frm ur villa ppl angry some ppl might want u dead pls go spiritual on this ooo. U bought a car in April ur father died, u went for burial in May d car killed ur sis n got damaged beyond repair dts tragic. Dt car na curse, there is need for serious prayers.
D goodnews is dt u r still alive

On restoring d car better take d advice of d experts n scrap it. I can't ride in a car dt killed my sis again.

Op u need to mourn ur sis first like for six months b4 tinking of another car its jst 2 months ur sis died, I am shocked as to d way u tink

Your post is absurd....

Do you have a spiritualist on your speed dial you would want to recommend? And what are the fees?

You sound like you relish the event so much you had to recap it. Are you a Nollywood script writer?

And not trying to sound harsh, I think you should wait till your sister dies before you mourn. You can't recommend a mourning calendar for a third party.

Gosh
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by ogawisdom(m): 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
Denn:

Your post is absurd....

Do you have a spiritualist on your speed dial you would want to recommend? And what are the fees?

You sound like you relish the event so much you had to recap it. Are you a Nollywood script writer?

And not trying to sound harsh, I think you should wait till your sister dies before you mourn. You can't recommend a mourning calendar for a third party.

Gosh

U r a goat I dnt tink this is directed at u so y does my opinion worry u imb.ecile
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by Denn(m): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2015
Siena:
This may sound harsh, but upon reflection, something tells me the essence of this thread is to sell the smashed car. Because I find it difficult to comprehend how any guy could be thinking of piecing together a car they crashed, resulting in the death of his sister. I would be consumed with guilt that I survived, and she died.

Heaven forgive me if I'm wrong, but something tells me I'm not.

I think the op has been advised by a mechanic to fix the car. 'Just get a car body' would have been the suggestion.

The catch unfortunately is that once the op starts, he would find out it is cheaper to buy a used car. By then the project would have been financially committed to and the mechanic would have bought a used golf mk 2 from the profits

1 Like

Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by Denn(m): 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
ogawisdom:

U r a goat I dnt tink this is directed at u so y does my opinion worry u imb.ecile

A goat is better than a spiritual zombie who believes all his problems came from his village.

Let me guess, you need oil changes because your village witches have corrupted the new one you added some months ago?

Don't derail with your incantations please.
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by kmzee(m): 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
Thanks to all who made honest contributions ... Im honestly still saddened by the unfortunate event
but keeping the damaged car for long have its problems ... I had wanted
reviving the car into possible motor able form and sell it and acquire another.
Thanks so much.
Re: I Need A Body For Toyota Corolla 2007... Any Help by NumberOne2(m): 1:10am On Jul 20, 2015
kmzee:
Thanks

Sorry for your loss. Please dont loose more money on this car cos ONLY TOYOTA company can fix it & the cost will almost be the cost of a new one. There are folks who can buy it as it is. It may not be much, but its better than none. Changing body alone will not solve it. Its a WRITE OFF.

or Consider fixing:
1) Leakages in the engine due to impact.
2) The engine may not be as sound as you think (can it still start and how does it sound).
* Mechanic may tell you to change the engine. (changing engine and body = new car)
3) The wheels and gear system may be leaking due to impact.
4) Serious body work has to be done (or new body).
5) All glasses fixed + mirrors.
6) Electrical work, dashboard, airbags and stuff.
7) Transmission, shocks, car seats, interior and boot etc.

These are stuff I can see. As always, closer inspection will reveal more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Battery Capacity Can I Use For A 2003,L4 1.8L Toyota Matrix? / I Need A Walk Through For Buying Salvage Car From Abroad / Please Someone Should Explain How Many Miles Is On This Dashboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.