Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Do You Include Units When Working With Applied Math Problems? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Do You Include Units When Working With Applied Math Problems? (464 Views)

A 7-year-old Applied For A Job At Google: Read The Ceo’s Response / Industrial Applied Green Laser Line Generator / Career Advancement With Applied Engineering Technology Initiatives Ltd {aeti} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Include Units When Working With Applied Math Problems? by Nobody: 3:56am On Jul 19, 2015
cheesy cheesy

I don't . . . actually, and recently, I've been told that's a bad habit. I usually just write down the exact figures and calculate. I find adding all those small units like m for mass or s for time rather cumbersome. embarassed

So, share. How do you do?

Do you you include units or not?
Re: Do You Include Units When Working With Applied Math Problems? by tony1918(m): 4:08am On Jul 19, 2015
yeah it should be added it gives the person that glance down to your answer understand what you are working toward..example if your answer is in m/s.i know you are working towards velocity
Re: Do You Include Units When Working With Applied Math Problems? by saintneo(m): 5:09am On Jul 19, 2015
Do you mean something like this?

Q. What is the average speed of a car that travelled 20km in 10mins then another 40km in 30mins?

A. Distance = 20km + 40km = 60km, Time = 10mins + 30mins = 40mins = 40mins/60mins = .67hrs, Speed = distance/time = 60km/.67hrs = 90km/hr

If yes, then I will say that this is very tedious!

BTW, take a look at team comparison Rangers versus Enyimba; also look at Fraud Alert: DV2015 Lottery for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Do You Include Units When Working With Applied Math Problems? by Andropod(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
as a good science student,you should

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Announces World Final Winners In Games, Innovation, And World Citizens / Speed Limiter Device Help Reduce Accident And Fuel Consumption Find Out / African Educational Systems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.