Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa (8525 Views)

Nigerian Man Poses With Lion In South Africa / Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video / Photos: BVN Registration In London Resulted In Chaotic Display With Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Twaci(f): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
unagoe:
you can do it on nairaland
Are u serious?
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Sorosive: 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=unagoe post=36054398] you can do it on nairaland[/quot just like I did mine here

Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
So Johannesburg is now an Address?
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Holuwadammie(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
OK oooo
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Abdulhakeem7(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
Though it's a good development but does it mean we will hav to travel to Jo'burg to have dis done?it's like traveling from Lagos to Abuja where I'm staying oooo
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ghana nko?
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by NobleG1(m): 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
What of Nigerians in other parts of the world?

This BVN thing is crap! This is never done anywhere in world, it's too cumbersome!

1 Like

Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by beyoncausme: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
BVN going places....
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by afrika(f): 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2015
We dey Qatar. How abt people in Luxembourg, Japan etc. Wat happens to their acct
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by lexy2014: 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Autolord:
Kunu sipping bastard, burukutu sipping gorilla, gworo chewing terrorist. What is he's name?
Autolord?
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by lexy2014: 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
NobleG1:
What of Nigerians in other parts of world?

This BVN thing is crap! This is never done anywhere in world, it's too cumbersome!
I think that cbn has overstepped its bounds. Ideally cbn has no right 2 threaten or force bank customers 2 register 4 bvn. If d purpose of bvn is 2 protect customers funds, then d customer should decide when he or she would register 4 bvn. Bvn registration should b an on going exercise. Its d banks responsibility 2 protect customers funds and its banks that should b sanctioned if they can't do their jobs. If banks want my fingerprint 2 protect my money, I should reserve d right 2 give it 2 them or not. I shouldn't b threatened or forced over my own money. Its like d ATM thing. Nobody was forced 2 get it. Cbn is infringing on d rights of nigerians, if not they should have thought of nigerians in diaspora
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by lexy2014: 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
Abdulhakeem7:
Though it's a good development but does it mean we will hav to travel to Jo'burg to have dis done?it's like traveling from Lagos to Abuja where I'm staying oooo
I think that cbn has overstepped its bounds. Ideally cbn has no right 2 threaten or force bank customers 2 register 4 bvn. If d purpose of bvn is 2 protect customers funds, then d customer should decide when he or she would register 4 bvn. Bvn registration should b an on going exercise. Its d banks responsibility 2 protect customers funds and its banks that should b sanctioned if they can't do their jobs. If banks want my fingerprint 2 protect my money, I should reserve d right 2 give it 2 them or not. I shouldn't b threatened or forced over my own money. Its like d ATM thing. Nobody was forced 2 get it. Cbn is infringing on d rights of nigerians, if not they should have thought of nigerians in diaspora

1 Like

Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by NobleG1(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2015
lexy2014:

What you said is exactly my point. CBN is infringing on the rights of Nigerians and the worst part of it is that Nigerians don't care about protecting their rights and most don't even know they've rights!

I've never seen or heard any other country in the world where Banks demand fingerprints in the name of "customer protection"! No developed country does this sh*it! CBN should have forced the government to create a Social Security number (SSN) system, issued to Nigerian citizens, permanent residents, and temporary (working) residents, just like in the West. Then banks would demand for the SSN instead of Fingerprint.

Fingerprint is the most private data of any citizen of any country and should ONLY be demanded in criminal cases! Banks or non-governmental organizations have no right to obtain fingerprints of anyone!
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by sobastical: 8:25am On Jul 20, 2015
Twaci:
BVN?
OMG! I never do my own! embarassed
Click like if u never do u own too cheesy

Since! haba and you still dey drag ftc for here...lol yeye lady
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by lexy2014: 8:25am On Jul 20, 2015
NobleG1:

What you said is exactly my point. CBN is infringing on the rights of Nigerians and the worst part of it is that Nigerians don't care about protecting their rights and most don't even know they've rights!

I've never seen or heard any other country in the world where Banks demand fingerprints in the name of "customer protection"! No developed country does this sh*it! CBN should have forced the government to create a Social Security number (SSN) system, issued to Nigerian citizens, permanent residents, and temporary (working) residents, just like in the West. Then banks would demand for the SSN instead Fingerprint.

Fingerprint is the most private data of any citizen of any country and should ONLY be demanded in criminal cases! Banks or non-governmental organizations have no right to obtain fingerprints of anyone!
in nigeria, d way govt does things is like a man building a house but starts from d roof instead of d foundation. Everybody is doing biometric in nigeria, immigration, pension board, civil service board, road safety and now banks. Like u noted, biometric aren't what every tom dick and harry should demand 4. D painful part of d bvn thing is cbn and banks threatening nigerians over their own money. Its a pity like u said nigerians don't no and don't care that this is an issue of rights. They think its cbn doing us a favour
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by NobleG1(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2015
lexy2014:
in nigeria, d way govt does things is like a man building a house but starts from d roof instead of d foundation. Everybody is doing biometric in nigeria, immigration, pension board, civil service board, road safety and now banks. Like u noted, biometric aren't what every tom dick and harry should demand 4. D painful part of d bvn thing is cbn and banks threatening nigerians over their own money. Its a pity like u said nigerians don't no and don't care that this is an issue of rights. They think its cbn doing us a favour

Really? I didn't even know Immigration, Pension Board, civil service board and Road Safety also demand biometric!
What the hell is wrong with Nigeria Govt.? Is it biometric madness or not?

Nigerians allowed all these nonsense to occur. Just wait and see, biometric data of Nigerians are going to be fraudulently abused soon. This country is f*ucked up indeed.
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by otiigba1(m): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2015
lexy2014:
Absolutely! I have not done the BVN and am not going to do it, and the banks can not force it on me; after all its my money they claim to be protecting, what if i do not wish for my money to be protected? One would have thought that their money is already protected whilst in the bank, why would BVN or finger print be needed to protect it further?even the world bank in switzerland do not ask for biometric
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Dredbingo: 10:39am On Sep 01, 2015
OFFICIAL NOTICE:

NIGERIAN PASSPORT AND VISA SORTING CENTRE AT JOHANNESBURG commencing on the 14th September 2015. Please visit www.oisservices.com for more information.

BVN ENROLLMENT FACILITY AT OIS SERVICES JOHANNESBURG commencing on the 7th September 2015.

THIS IS TO NOTIFY THE PUBLIC THAT OIS SERVICES, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA, WILL BE PROVIDING SERVICES FOR BVN REGISTRATION AND ENROLLMENT. THIS SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM MONDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER. NIGERIAN PASSPORT AND VISA APPLICATION SORTING CENTRE WOULD COMMENCE ON THE 14TH.

WHAT IS BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER (BVN)?
BVN is a scheme introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to protect customers’ transactions and enhance confidence in the Nigerian banking sector. It involves identifying an individual based on physiological or behavioral attributes, such as fingerprint, signature and others. The customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across the banking system.

IMPORTANT
The CBN has ordered that with effect from 31ST OCTOBER 2015 customers WHO HAVEN’T COMPLETED THEIR BVN REGISTRATION would not be able to transact in any Nigerian bank, restrictions would be placed on their ATM use and Internet Banking access.

REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT:
• Completed enrolment form (available at the Centre or on our website)
• Valid photo ID (Driver’s License or International Passport)
• One recent passport photograph
Appointment Only
• ZAR 615 enrolment fee
Payment options
POSTAL ORDER: Please purchase a postal order (from the post office) to the amount of R615, made payable to OIS SERVICES PTY LTD.
CARD PAYMENTS: 14th Sept 2015, POS card payments would be available. All cards accepted.

ENROLLMENT CENTER
OIS Services
No.6 Bolton Road
Parkwood,Rosebank
2193. Johannesburg, SA
Tel:+27112682376; +27112682470

Opening Times
Monday- Friday (9am - 5pm) Appointments Only please visit our website

For more information, please visit www.oisservices.com or call us at +27112682376; +27112682470

If you need more information about how it affects you, please visit www.bvn.com.ng.

other articles http://leadership.ng/business/449764/why-diaspora-customers-pay-for-bvn-registration

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airpeace Set For Direct Flights To Israel / Bellview: The Worst Airline In Nigeria. Don't Try It! / Do Nigerians Need A Visa To Visit Kenya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.