Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems! (883 Views)

Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? / Pls I Need Info On Volkswagen Touareg / Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hello my fellow NLR: I bought this car 2 yrs ago in tokunboh, recently it started giving me over heating problem, the problems persisted until the gasket get burnt, so my mech engr told me to get a new one in which we did but after we have fix the new gasket, d problem of over heating still continue , to the extend that, it is more worst than before and i can not even take it from the mech workshop, the car has been in mech workshop for over 2 weeks now.. so when i called my mech, he told me that.. i will need to buy a new engine but my surprise is.. how can i buy a new engine because of just over heating when the engine is not knock or given knocking sound.. please advice me, maybe the mech engr is not making sense or how can i get a solution to this over heating issue. please advice your fellow brother. thanks
Re: Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems! by surefx(m): 3:31am On Aug 21, 2015
Hi, just came across this post. Let me know if you got the car fixed. I repair cars and I am quite familiar with Passats.
Re: Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems! by autocraft(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2015
At first check the termustart and radiator then open the reservoir water if the water is returning into the reservoir while engine is running......after checking this make a feedback.
Re: Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems! by YemmyDeRock(m): 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
surefx:
Hi, just came across this post. Let me know if you got the car fixed. I repair cars and I am quite familiar with Passats.
. I want to get passat 2000 too as a first car Plss I need ur expert advice. thanks
Re: Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems! by leadknight123(m): 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
you have something wrong with your cooling system, its either leaking somewhere or one of the tubes is blocked, proper diagnosis will point you in the right direction, a pressure test should be carried out with a cooling system pressure tester, with application of pressure,the point of leakage would be verified and hopefully fixed, don't conclude on buying a new engine yet, you may be lucky the overheating issue has not caused serious damage.
Re: Advice On Volkswagen Passat 2002 Model V6 Engine With Over-heating Problems! by surefx(m): 4:17am On Aug 23, 2015
YemmyDeRock:
. I want to get passat 2000 too as a first car Plss I need ur expert advice. thanks

What kind of engine are you looking to get (1.8T - 4 cylinder, 2.0 - 4 cylinder or 2.8 - V6)? What transmission (auto or manual)? European or American spec?

Passats are great cars if you understand them, and have someone who understands them maintain and fix them.

(1) (Reply)

Paul Walkers Daughter Sues Porshe.... Over Fathers Death / Where to Scan a Car In Sagamu / Peugeot: Appreciation Of ES9J4S Engine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.