Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Daarsat Is Now 18k - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Daarsat Is Now 18k (13778 Views)

DAARSAT Frequency. / Browse For Free Using Daarsat, Dstv, Mytv, Hitv Decoder. Full Tutorial / AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daarsat Is Now 18k by shamass77(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2009
DAARSAT NOW 18K.

15 NIGERIANS TO GET ALL-EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO WATCH WORLD CUP LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA 2010

WHATS MORE? GET THE BEST FROM YOUR TV, WITH 24-HOURS NON-STOP PROGRAMMING ON HD.

ONLY ON DAARSAT. IT'S EVERYWHERE YOU WANT TO BE!!!

SHIKENA!
PS: MAKE UNA NO DELETE THIS POST AGAIN OOOOOOO!!!!! NOW WE KNOW WHATS UP AFTERALL,
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by const6(m): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2009
Why will they want to delete the post?

What are you implying??

They might only delete it, if you have made much worse comments.

My brother, if DAARSAT come to stay, nobody fit disturb am, why you dey fear the power of HITV unecessarily.

At least now, you people have realised that nobody wants to watch or buy DAARSAT with huge sums of money.

Shamass, let me ask you this hard question

OUT OF ALL THE CHANNELS ADVERTISED OR "CLAIMED TO HAVE" by DAARSAT, HOW MANY IS ACTUALLY HD?

I DO NOT MEAN, HOW MANY IS BEEN BROADCASTED USING MPEG4, HOW MANY IS HIGH DEFINITION?

Good Luck
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by shamass77(m): 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2009
VIRTUALLY ALL THE CHANNELS ARE HD, WITH EXCEPTION TO ONLY FEW. AM SURE YOU ARE AWARE OF NAIJA HD, LUXE TV HD, FOX HD, AMONG OTHERS PLUS THE NORMAL INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS BUT OF COURSE WITH THE DECODER ON HD FORMAT, YOUR PICTURE IS PURE AND CLEAN,

ITS GOODBYE TO SD FOR REAL MY BROTHER.
PS: NO ONE IS BOTHERED WITH HITV COS THEY AINT IN THE RACE ANYMORE, JUST FOLD YOUR ARMS AND WAIT FOR IT.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by SATMAN(m): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2009
Hi Mr Shamass77,

Was in Lagos over the weekend and was able to see and watch daarsat in a friend's place to be honest with you all,Daarsat is a total waste of money and a total disappointment.

All daarsat's channel except Luxe HD are MPEG 2 channel.They are putting MPEG 2 channels on MPEG 4 capacity to transmit back to the end user,so all the noise of 50 channels in HD is all false.Daarsat only broadcasts 38 channels RIGHT NOW.

So please please no one should tell me that Daarsat is better than HiTV or can match Dstv,with all that money and yet they can't even add 50 channels then i wonder if they can get to 110 as they keep saying.

If you lair here i will post the full list of channels currently showing on daarsat.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by shamass77(m): 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ satman. Am not sure where you saw 35 channels, however you may be aware of the challenges of take-off for a satellite TV. Meanwhile, on what type of decoder did you watch at your friend's place? But i can tell you (SINCERELY) that right now, (at 6:27pm on Wednesday, March 11th, 2009), am watching 48 channels with two (FUEL & MTV BASE) on black (CERTAINLY A SOURCE-CHANNEL PROBLEM). So you see what i mean?

Meanwhile, you will do well to publish the channels you claim to be watching right now (Another form of publicity).

Its your HAPPY DAYS (HD) Peace!
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by SATMAN(m): 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2009
well it's the same kaon decorder you guys sold for 40,000 naira.also as at monday 5pm,there were only 38 channels,do you think i want to give you free ad's you don't merit it.

Thank God reality as hit you guys that even with money,running a business even satellite paytv in naija no easy.Money can't buy you all things but can make life a little easy.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by SATMAN(m): 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2009
Hi,

I think you guys should sack your website administrator your website is a mess.your decorder systems you say are in HD yet your site is outdated.So how are we going to be sure daarsat is 18,000 naira or is nairaland your new website?
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by benedictac(f): 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2009
Nothing dey Daarsat, they are just empty vessel
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by luckiest: 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2009
Wat do you people take us for, compete against yourself first before thinking of fighting other, HITV was only smart because DSTV never saw them coming, and do you think they will stand and watch DAARSAT overtake them just like that? was it not money that you used to buy those HD equipment, what if tomorrow they (HITV) decide to say ok they are going to reparkage and purchase HD equipment that was manufactured yesterday; those channels whether 48 or 38 they are all for sell. A network needs something to sell others, MTN used midnight calls to add more customers, GLO used per second to do the same, Etisalat used customise numbers, Zain used free SMS, so HITV used Football and they are selling fast. Go and check HITV records in August 2007 till date. If DAARSAT is so go at 18K, they should be able to boast of 5000 subsribers already.

shamass77; my guy remember what I told you in my thread, you only merger will save DAARSAT I stand to be corrected, I can give you my work address I don't work for them; I have my own business as a dealer with HITV but when I checked the condition of becoming a dealer with DAARSAT I realise that whoever is advising them, didn't do a good work; the condition is tough because real business starts from the root except you do not intend to carry Nigerians along or do you think the upper class is more than 3% of our population?

Or do you think the merger will mean job loss? I want you to think of how many people lost their job when Trend TV, FSTV, Cabletel TITV etc all went down; we might look like a very big nation in terms of population but why do you think companies change their strategy when they come into Nigeria. MTN, Zain, Telcom (Multilink), these are example of restrategising. Tell your people to talk to HITV, eveyone should come to the table, business is all about making money, and our population could do the magic. call MTN or Glo and ask them the number of customers on their networks and you will here millions.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by shamass77(m): 7:40pm On Mar 12, 2009
Keep it up,
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by OYIBN: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2009
@const6

Is it really important if a programme is broadcast in HD, MPEG 4. What I thought mattered are clear and sharp pictures which don't go off when it rains.

Shamass 77

I am really disappointed at your posting. To think I have been defending Daar Sat when I am not even a subsciber is highly misplaced. I was trying to be objective but some of my comments on another thread with hindsight are inappropriate. On one hand you ask Satman if indeed he saw 35 (he claimed 38 not 35) channels. Then your posting becomes ridiculous when you ask him on what type of decoder he watched the channels. I thought Daar Sat advertised 50 channels for a subsciption fee of N5,500 and also there was a lot of noise about new technology decoder!!!!! Does the number of channels you get to see depend on the type of decoder that you buy? Lord have mercy!!!!!!!!!!

You continue by telling Satman that you see 48 channels. Kindly list those channels because I am very interested in knowing. Then kindly explain why two channels should be showing black and white on such a high technology equipment after all the noise made.

If the decoder and dish is now N18, 000, it shows the poor feasibility studies that was carried out. First you ought to have known that the market for cable tv in Nigeria is not large and DSTV is in firm control. While DSTV were sleeping and snoring Hitv dealt them a fatal blow which they are now trying to recover from. Business sense should have dictated that you define your market first. You would have needed people like me to jump the DSTV ship. Now you don't have CNN and live football. In addition your technical-know how is questionable with all your high technology stuff. I am not a great fan of DSTV but I am getting great and good service with good channels , clear and sharp pictures except when it rains and the techniocal know-how to fix technical problems when they arise is not in doubt at all. Kindly educate me on why myself and other DSTV subscibers should leave DSTV for Daar Sat. Secondly tell me why football crazy Nigerians should leave HITV for Dar Sat. Good business sense should have told you that you ought to have offered the decoder and dish at an affordable price. You actually make your money from subscibtions. You have to grow yor subsciber base and you could have easily done that from the good programme content you have while waiting to bid for football rights. You appear to have alientated a lot of people due to the high price of your decoder in times of recession.

As Satman ( I think) also mentioned, your website is very poor. I have been checking your website since last year and there is no addition or relevant information. Even a search using the Google search engine throws up old and outdated stories about Daar Sat. Check out the website of Hitv or Dstv and try and improve.

You list 50 channels on your website. I want to know the type of programmes shown on these channels. For example , you tell me you have Fox Crime and Discovery Channels. What type of programmes are shown on these channels? This type of information is very vital when one has to make an informed decision as to whether it is worth subscribing to Daar Sat. You do not expect a subsciber to go from known (DSTV OR/AND HITV) to unknown (Daar Sat).

Kindly do not attempt to dance around the information and clarifications I sought. Just hit the nail on the head. Thanks.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by SATMAN(m): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2009
Hi oyibn,

Well you just hit the nail to the head,nice posting.When i saw it on monday there were only 38 working tv channels with about 5-6 blank screens.It him come out tell us the channels the are now showing and the contents they have.

He keeps telling us about HD decorder,is that what we want to watch?.So please Shamass77 tell us all that you have that will make people rush for your systems.we are waiting
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by OYIBN: 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2009
@SATMAN

Let's wait for Shamass77 response because it would appear it is Daar Sat that might soon have problems and not Hitv.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by SATMAN(m): 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2009
Hi Oyibn,

Yes Hitv may have it's own problem,but with the little money they had to launch and with Dstv till there,i don't think Daarsat with all the glory of money can offer any change.Checkout Hitv and dstv website you will know that they mean business,but for daarsat their's is like a screen saver.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by Kx: 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2009
They have come again!
From the posts,it strikes me like shammaa 77 is an AIT/Darrsat employee.

I had this same experience with HITV,they preached too much,xtomers got so convinced
and bought their products,at the end of the day,they realized that time and money has bn wasted.

I fell for HITV's too much talk,bought their services and after 1months dashed the decoder
to someone else for lack of quality tv chanels and dearth of quality programming and pix quality.

Shamma,remember this adage,"[b]good wine need no bush[/b]"
Quit preaching,provide standard tv programming and quality,surpass DSTV offering first and formost,quality wise,
the market will swing in ur favor.

For now,as far as sat tv is concerned,is either DSTV or nothing.
Consumers knows better than waste money in the name of patrotism.
Business is business.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by OYIBN: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2009
@SATMAN

I agree with you that the website of Daar Sat is nothing to write home about. You can imagine how many prospective subscibers must have visited their website with no relevant information available to them that would enable them make an informed choice about subscribing to their cable company. If the price of their decoder and dish have fallen to N18,000 as Shamass77 claims, I expect this vital piece of information to be posted to their website.

I am waiting for Shamass77 to give us an idea of the 48 channels they claim to have. If it is 38 channels as you said, one needs to re-assess what type of channels these are. I hope they do not include all the local channels like NTA, Channels, MBI  and the about 8 music channels they are promoting. Because this then means they may have only about 25 or less solid channels. However if it is true that they are offering their dish for 18,000 and have 48 channels as Shamass77 claims then they may increase their subsciber base at the expensde of Hitv. If they are also able to secure football rights then Hitv may run into problems.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by mreds: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2009
Somebody shld pls list all the channels on daarsat,(workin and not working).I want to analyse it,maybe i would tell you my analysis on other cable companies especially dstv.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by OYIBN: 2:01pm On Mar 13, 2009
@mreds

The 50 channels Daar Sat claims to offer are listed on their webpage under "Download". However I was unable to access it today. However having a list is not sufficient. I would like to know the programme content of some of their channels like Discovery World and Fox Crime. With some contradiction from some bloggers as to how many channels they are actually showing not advertising, Shamass77 should be able to help us with this piece of information. Is it 38 or 48 channels? Does the 38 or 48 channels include all the local channels and 8 music channels advertised?
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by soloqy: 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2009
@OYIBN

Am happy you are now seeing what we all have seen about Daarsat.

In the "Daarsat and Hitv possible merger" thread, I posted that the one in danger of going down is daarsat and not hitv.

I mean, you just dont do business the way they are doing.

In a post of yours in hitv or hirubbish thread, you mentioned that Daarsat may have a target audience(maybe high income earners) but the sudden 18k rumour here indicates that their price regime was just an ill-advised and ill-conceived one.

Am not sure you are based in Naija cause if you were, you would be more sorry for daarsat and not hitv. Pay no mind to all the publicity stunts and stories.

Daarsat went to the stock market to raise money. Thats what people always point to when they say that they have the funds.

But people also forget that its human beings that invested that money and human beings are very impatient. Some months without commensurate and significant increase in subscriber base for Daarsat , and the pressure will be on from investors.

There are many freelance satellite/cable installers in nairaland(a set of people that have helped in the growth of hitv ). Though they have their various issues about hitv, they wont even discuss Daarsat. That shows you how bad it is.

The channels that they mention that they have, eg, Foxlife and foxcrime, are very good stations on their own but right now, no one has really confirmed if they are really on.
But even if they are really on, its really a hard sell for people to buy equipment at the costs that daarsat are offering them.

Can you imagine where you are referred to Abuja for any vital information about their services? Can you imagine that the nearest place in Lagos that they can refer you to is Alagbado for simple viewing of their channels or offerings? No resellers, no authorized dealers?

Does that not strike you as a business that is begging to fail?

Hitv have got all the football for now. Champions league has come on board. No matter what anyone says, hitv is going to get a lot more subscribers when the champions league start. Yes, they would have gotten much more if they had more channels but right now, this is the way the cookie crumbles untill the time that Daarsat can wrest the license from their hands(which is not likely. Only Dstv can do that.Right now, daarsat does not have the funds for that after so much spending).

So all in all, Daarsat needs a total restructuring and repackaging. I know Shammazz will soon jump in with half-bit information and refutation. But its all in black and white for all to see.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by luckiest: 11:24am On Mar 15, 2009
Some people said when HITV got EPL they will never get Champions league because DSTV is now aware of their plans, so it will be difficult to HITV, but today we are aware who got what and even more. I am aware that the method HITV is using to buy right made it difficult for DSTV because HITV present only Nigeria as their coverage area, that is why I will advice DAARSAT that the only to make any impact is to merge, because ever since 2007 till date nothing has come to me to ask about DAARSAT.

18K doesn't mean much to people; its the monthly subscription and the content; but in my proposal if they both come together, they can bid using West Africa as the yard stick; so when you add all the content together it will make sense to people because in most home the sport fans are usually the first class because on match day they usual have their way; while the ladies and children will make do local movie and cartoon later. we all know that the one who pays the subscription determine what network they will need that is why HITV is selling becos most breadwinner are football fans; so if football is a most then you know the network to be is HITV. so they can both join forces and secure the right for top league and when CNN realises that the main network to be is the Merger between HITV and DAARSAT, stand to be corrected CNN will sure reconsider joining the offering rights to the merger.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by nich(m): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2009
@ topic

OK. lipsrsealed
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by SATMAN(m): 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2009
@ oyibn,

Check this link for more details about discovery world programmings http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/tv-schedule/?type=day&country_code=NL&channel_code=CVEU-H

Also daarsat does not have and will not have FOX crime becos that channel is not yet cleared for africa only asia.They only got rights to Fox Entertainment visit www.foxafrica.com.

Got more inform on the list of channels on daarsat there are only 39 showing channels.Mtv base,soundcity,fuel tv,foxnews,b4u movies&music,igbo channel,etc are not yet working.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by OYIBN: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2009
@soloqy

Yes I am not based in Nigeria but I subscibe to DSTV for my family in Nigeria and I also subscibe to DSTV where I am. I thought Daar Sat would be promising and wanted to make a switch for my family. However with all I am reading, it might not be a good idea. It is the reason I have been visiting their website to check their channel programmes. However with no information available I can't switch from a familiar territory to one I don't know. So I am staying with DSTV.

@SATMAN

It appears Shamass77 is on AWOL just like Daar Sat website. One hopes that when he resurfaces, he will clarify some issues. I wonder why cable tv stations are always in the habit of deceiving people. I remember very well that when Trend Tv and some other cable TV stations came into existence a couple of years back, they came out with fanciful posters listing several channels they would be showing. People rushed to buy their decoder and dish. At the end of the day, they did not show 50% of the channels listed in their posters. Some if not all of this cable companies have now collapsed. Why would Daar Sat advertise 50 channels and show 39 channels? I am sure those that rushed to buy their decoder and dish for N40,000 were relying on the false information they were given. In an advanced country they would have been sued.

One cannot rely on the programming displayed on the web address you gave. This is the current programming in the country of origin of the owners of the channels. Dar Sat cannot afford to buy current editions. What they will air will be old editions of certain programmes. They may not even air for example FBI files as Dstv does not show this programme on their Discovery World Channel. They moved it to their Crime Investigation channel. This is the reason why I would like to see their programme schedule just like Hitv displays on their own website. In addition, one would need a list of their 39 channels to make an informed choice.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by soloqy: 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2009
@OYIBN

If am not mistaken, DSTV airs 'Discovery channel' here to Nigerian viewers.

Hitv airs 'Discovery world'. They are both different with different content.

Hitv's Discovery world airs FBI files. Am certain about that.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by doyin13(m): 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2009
I don't live in Nigeria, nor do I suscribe to the Daarsat channel.

I do watch AIT in the UK here however and ever since the launch of their DAARSAT,
the channel's pictures have been HD quality.

Not only that, they have also commissioned some very good locally produced programmes
that I can recommend. There is one particularly good one ''Hope Bay'' which I just watched
that was produced at OBUDU Cross River, which impressed me enough to come write this
short missive.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by OYIBN: 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2009
@sology

Thanks for the info. I never knew there was a difference between the two channels. It means Dstv changed from Discovery World to the Discovery channel when they started showing the Crime and Invesstigation channel.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by shamass77(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ Doyin,

gud to hear that. Expect more from your Darling AIT. As for the Hope Bay, it was just one of teh commissioned programmes and i can tell you that there is more of course straight from Naija to the world.
To others, pardon my silence, av been busy and sure you guys understand. i may not be able to reply your individual posts however, i think there seem to me that there are some misinformation around.

As per the channels showing on Daarsat, i am SURE i said 48 not 28 or 38 as been said around here. And i recall i mentioned as at that time (last week am sure) there were 53 channels showing and that about two went off temporarily (from the source - while i was writing the post). Therefore, i see no reason for the misinfor around here.

By the way, i got a call from a guy who said he met me here. He sounded quite convincing but am sorry i couldn't recall this particular person; as may guess i talk alot on phone and for a longer period as well and it would be difficult to point who my last caller was.

On your issues with daarsat and the HD Picture quality. I stand to be corrected that no other pat-tv offers what Daarsat offers so the edge is there, while we also have our USP to drive our demand. I know quite a handful are not happy with certain areas of the service yet, but with due respect, Rome was not built in a day, neither can we do that. However, i suggest you give Daarsat the credit before you critizise it.

The market is pay not free. And as expected only the subscribers get to see the offer not the come visit and watch analysts. Meanwhile, i am happy to read all your comments and i assure you the vital ones are well noted.

Keep them coming!!!!

PS: If you dont want to miss the Super Eagles world cup qualifiers en route South Africa 2010 World Cup, then i advise you get your Daarsat HD Decoder now, and you could be among the 15 people to travel to Jo'Burg to watch teh live games of the world cup.
Hurry now. It's your (HD) Happy Days.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by soloqy: 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2009
shamass77:

The market is pay not free. And as expected only the subscribers get to see the offer not the come visit and watch analysts. Meanwhile, i am happy to read all your comments and i assure you the vital ones are well noted.

This is about the silliest thing I have read from a spokesperson of a company.

Before we got Hitv, their office at Ebutte Metta had a large screen Tv with the channels on display.
Before I subscribed, I went there and confirmed that the channels were showing and surprisingly then, the picture quality was very good when they were on Terrestrial.

They also directed people to different authorized dealers all around lagos who ,also had the package for view at their offices.

You can not answer simple questions as to who and where your authorised dealers are in Lagos and you want people to believe your stories.

So far its only Doyin from UK who has come in to say he/she has seen Ait programs in UK.

Check out all the hitv and Dstv and even trend tv threads and you would see so many subscribers(satisfied or not) speaking on their experiences.

What a joke
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by maskuraid(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2009
TV is a medium dat appeals to d eyes, if i cant see it,y shell out good money for it?
if i cant see anywhere wat DAARSAT is offering,common sense dictates that i keep me money in me pocket.We v seen d hype on adverts and all dt but just like soloqy as said lets see d koko wit our korokoro eyes then mayb just mayb we'l b tempted .until then,
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by switched(m): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2009
shamass77:

@shamass77
It's unfortunate you have to resort to this kind of attitude. The truth is no sensible person would put his money into something he knows nothing about. I am yet to meet anyone who has Daarsat, , and I have asked around. Even your website won't tell us anything, no demonstration avenues for prospective subscribers. Yet you expect us to just take your word for it and go get Daarsat.
Think about it, would you put even 5k into a deal like that.
Tell your people they have to do a little more creative marketing to convince Nigerians.
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2009
@Soloqy,

Please I need to buy Daarsat, where can I get? wink grin shocked
Re: Daarsat Is Now 18k by soloqy: 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2009
ilugunboy:

@Soloqy,

Please I need to buy Daarsat, where can I get? wink grin shocked

LoL ,

Ok, let me seeee. I think I heard someone in abuja has it.

Lets send Emissaries over there. And if he refuses, lets hit him over the head with our hitv and DSTV decoders.

You know we just have to have that Daarsat grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free To Air Satellite Telegram Group / Latest FOOTBALL News / Sky Digital In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.