Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet (14912 Views)

AIT,BBC,NTA,VOA,NHK,RT,France 24, Aljazeera,Nollwood Tv, $ More Now FTA / DAARSAT Frequency. / Daarsat Is Now 18k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by memento: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
The latest is that AIT is patnering with visafone to offer 40 tv channels plus ability to surf the net with your decoder, all for about 40k @ about 5k per month, Ait news flash,

we are waiting
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by soloqy: 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2008
If its on the current visafone EVDO or broadband service that they are hoping to offer that package, then am sorry for them.

I got visafone broadband EVDO the next day after they launched in February.

I am now using starcomms EVDO.

I dumped the visafone because it was just a glorified dial up.

When the service gets to work in some areas, you realise that in some other areas, it would be terrible.

Did Daar make their research properly before going into that arrangement?

They should go ahead and tell us the day the test trasmission is starting and on what frequencies.

40 channels can include all those asian channels that are basically free to air so untill we have a glimpse of their offerings, they know where to go and sit.

yes am so pissed at them cause its about three months now that they have been talking about coming out and each time, they postpone it
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by linksman(m): 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2008
with the way daarsat is going about their launch date and their offerings, i have a very funny feeling that they are going to flop like FSTV /TITV.
why the big mystery with their activities? i am 100% sure that Raymond Dokpesi and his crew do not have the slightest knowledge that Nigerians are very much at home with DTH technology and the other offerings on digital satelite television.
i suggest that they take a stroll round every neighbourhood in lagos for instance and see that almost every home now has a dish mounted on their rooftops that pick numerous digital satelite tv channels(both free-to-air and subscription packages).
maybe what they don't realise is that, they are not coming to give Nigerians what we have never seen, neither are they coming into this area as trailblazers. infact, they are coming into this industry as an irrelevant player. and we won't miss them if they defer their launch till kingdom comes.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by maskuraid(m): 7:19am On Sep 05, 2008
DAAR is findin out wat we already knw, dat its ez 2 talk d talk but more difficult to walk d walk.i hope wit all d hype and hullaballo dey get their acts 2gether cos if they dnt O-Y-O.naija pple r much 2 enlightened to swallow bobo hook line and sinker.they shld put up or SHUT UP!!!!!!!!WE R WAITING TO B PLEASANTLY SUPRISED. angry
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by soloqy: 10:16am On Sep 05, 2008
maskuraid and linksman,

I totally agree with you guys.

I hope they can make us do a volte-face and eat our words .

I sincerely do.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by twinstaiye(m): 10:26am On Sep 05, 2008
Let us give them a benefit of doubt. Let us wait and see what they have in stock for us. The fact that I heard it over the news yesterday that they will be having about 3 different decoders one of which would be HD. I am sure they mean business, but we will have to wait until they start first.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by memento: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2008
I think TiTv has done a  bundle package like that before, even though drs were dial up.  Like u all said I pray they do heir home work VERY well in terms of pricing and content. Some of us are already enjoying free to air, but if we cld get the internet that will be dish controlled, not some gadem modem, and the 40 channels all for the price of less dn almighty dstv, then they may be game at least for the sake of our investment, lol, we are still waiting, 

nb: Any one know if they have an update on their website??

Y don't I evn chk dt out ??
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by soloqy: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2008
what website?
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by maskuraid(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
shey, no b bad belle o.we really do 'want' dem to succed.i am open to their package if its coreect.all i need do is buy anda tv and hook up.who no like enjoyment ?its just dt we r tired of bein promised and bein left in d cold.my pple talk say if u prep for madness wit 100 yrs,wen u go craze d craze ganganlet dem bring on d goodies and we will jump on board. cool
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by memento: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2008
ive chkd dr website, far from my expectation. cldnt find anything meaningful in relation to their new package, abi na me no shine my eyes?? i doubt it

shey, no b bad belle o.we really do 'want' them to succed.i am open to their package if its coreect.all i need do is buy anda tv and hook up.who no like enjoyment ?its just dt we r tired of bein promised and bein left in d cold.my people talk say if u prep for madness wit 100 years,when u go craze d craze ganganlet them bring on d goodies and we will jump on board.

me too oo
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by urfriend(m): 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2008
what is the site?.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by Valo29: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2008
wit no intent of disrespect, d website is nothin 2 write home abt.graphics wise and info content, i score it very low d main daar communications website i mean.u can google it and judge for urself but i wasnt impressed .i blv a good website sells a company more than anything.world class co will have a world class website, dats wat i blv anyway, take a trip , and lest have ur verdict.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by soloqy: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2008
@Valo

why not just put the link here.

We dont need to go to google if someone here has the direct link.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by urfriend(m): 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by shamass77(m): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2008
QUITE AMAZING. PUBLIC VIEWS, SOME TRUE, MOST OBVIOUSLY MIS-GUIDED. IT'S GOOD FOR DEVELOPMENT AM SURE. BUT LET ME PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT. I WORK FOR DAAR AND I EXPECT EVERYONE ONE TO ASSUME THAT I WILL BE BIAS. BUT IN OUR TRADITION OF FAIRNESS AND BALANCE, I STAND TO BE CORRECTED "DAAR WILL SURPRISE YOU ALL"

FOR THE RECORDS, I HAVE THE LIST OF EVERY THREAD ON THIS POST AND PATIENTLY AWAIT THE LUNCJING IN NEXT MONTH, TO HEAR THE DOUBTING THOMAS THROW AWAY THEIR "SCRAMBLED CHANNELS" DECODERS.

FOR THE PREMIUM USERS OF DSTV, HITV, ETAL, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY OFFER AND WHAT YOU GET. THUS, ONLY AN IGNORANT PERSON CAN DOUBT THE PROMISE OF DAARSAT. REASON? WE HAVE ALWAYS DELIEVERED! WITH A RECORD OF FIRSTS, WE KEEP SETING THE PACE AND FOR THE FEW WHO MAY HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTY TO BBC, CNN, SKY ETC, THEN YOU ARE FREE TO COME TO KPADUMA HILLS IN ABUJA TO SEE FOR YOURSELF. BUT YOU MAY NOT NEED TO COME WE WILL BE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLDS SOONEST. AND YOU WILL THANK GOD THAT YOU ARE A NIGERIAN TO WITNESS IT.

AS PER THE 40CHANNEL CONTENTS, HAKUNA MATATA, NOTHING ASIAN ABOUT US. ASIA AND AFRICA AINT THE SAME MY BROTHER. WE PREACH THE AFROCENTRIC GOSPEL, SO WATCH OUT. BY THE WAY, YOU MAY NEED TO BRACE UP FOR A NEW EXPERIENCE IN INTERNET USAGE, COS OURS IS AN-ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE. SO MUCH PREMIUM ADDED VALUES TO COME WITH IT. CONNECTING EVERY SUBSCRIBER TO THE CHEAPEST NETWORK CALL RATE IN NIGERIA, VISAFONE (AS THE USERS IF YOU COUDT IT),

WANT MORE?

HERE GOES: GUARDIAN
DAARSAT promises rich content for viewers

A NEW satellite Direct-To-Home (DTH) Pay TV platform, DAARSAT from the stable of the Daar Communications Plc is set to hit the airwaves soon with a promise of rich broadcast content for the viewers. DAARSAT comes with a deep afrocentric orientation which aligns with the traditions of DAAR Communications Plc, owners of DAARSAT.

DAARSAT will be the first satellite Pay TV platform offering service in Nigeria and operating wholly from Nigeria. This oreintation is based on the owner's belief in the development of the technological manpower in Nigeria to meet the challenges of the 21st century.

With a strong focus on exceptional customer service management, DAARSAT is conceptualized with a programme bouquet to satisfy the yearning and aspirations of Nigerians. It is one platform that takes cognizance of the interests of the viewers. The new pay TV comes with superior quality and programme depth that is second to none.

DAARSAT will commence operations with 40 channels that span entertainment, sports, movies, lifestyle, news, fashion and music. A major feature of the new pay TVs is the deliberate choice of the channels to align with the expectation of the Nigerian viewing public.

DAARSAT will introduce the latest compression technology - MPEG4 which gives it the capability to introduce real High Definition programming to Nigeria as it will air Nigeria's first High definition broadcast content as part of its programme offering.

In a bid to accelerate the transfer of technology, DAARSAT will, in its first year of operation, commence the manufacture of its decoders in Nigeria.

In DAAR Communications Plc's traditional pioneering role, the new pay TV offering is set to introduce to Nigeria, the world's first Integrated Decoder and LCD Television which receives both digital terrestrial and satellite television signals.

The Executive Chairman, DAAR Communication, Dr Raymond Dokpesi said DAARSAT has a focus to Nigerianize the pay TV industry in Nigeria. The vision is predicated on the need to make every Nigerian have a sense of belonging in the new pay TV. It is an attempt at creating a voice for Nigerians.

Dokpesi also said the company has engaged expatriate engineers who will develop the competence of its manpower in engineering and technical areas to accelerate the transfer of technological skill sets required in this budding new industry.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by soloqy: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2008
@shamass,

Good to know that there is someone from daarsat here but you have not said anything about the 40 channels that you people are talking about.

At least, as an insider, you should be able to tell us at least 5 channels out of the 40 you are planning.

urfriend, who has been holding up for hitv, at least tells us the channels to expect and all that.

If you are Launching next month as you say, should you not have started test transmission by now?

Hitv did that and even Trend tv a couple of months back did same and offered the channels as FTA for a while.

There is no exact date of your launch no transponder or frequency info nothing. You have also just pasted one of the news items we have been reading from guardian and the rest.

We want to see good things and competition everywhere but you gotta do more than just talking.

Like I said earlier, I hope daarsat can make us do a Volte-face and eat our words.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by semid4lyfe(m): 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2008
Guys,lets give daarsat d benefit of d doubt and pray 4 them 2 succeed instead of criticising them endlessly.I beliv daarsat can work because unlike d others(Fstv,titv etc.)they have a parent cmpny which has been in d biz of tv opxn 4 a long time and as such most of d facilities and equipments are already in place unlike the others dat came and failed.Havin said dat my major concern is dat dey need a catch,u know, a unique selling point just like what hitv did by obtaining exclusive right 2 90% of EPL matches 4 naija because most pple that bought hitv did so because of d EPL.Apart 4rm dis notting 4 dem because 5k monthly subscrptn 4 40 not 2 impressive channels is not cheap at all.i.e baby tv,setanta etc and some nigerian channels. Another worry 4 me is that dstv has exclusive right 2 many of d good stns.Daarsat is setting up d latest state of d art equpmts and building grandiose facilities but dat 1 na story because pple judge a pay tv provider by d type & quality of d tv stxn on offer & d quality of prgrm on dis stxns.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by urfriend(m): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
hi some of their channels include-star express,ait news,movistar,ait parliament,ait sport,setanta,foxsport,bbc world,aljazeera,channels,ait,nat geo music,for now that is what i know.shamass77 tell us more,
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by semid4lyfe(m): 12:23am On Sep 06, 2008
Kennis music channel which is currently running test transmission on some local tv stations will also be on daarsat.
Trust K.Ogungbe,he just had 2 personalize d tv station.why couldn't he take a cue 4rm soundcity and nigezie and give it a more beffitting name.Personally I think Gbedu tv,
beatz tv or dancia tv would have been more appropriate and given it a more naija feel.
Oya Kenny come pay me 4 free consultation.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by soloqy: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2008
urfriend,

from that list, I can only see two channels that people can be interested in and they are NatGeo and Aljazeera
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by toppy007: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2008
It's welcome,but advise to work on customer service section,to be very effective and fast.Becos naija people's lvu fast respone. when should ill be expecting them.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by shamass77(m): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2008
IN OCTOBER, UNFAILINGLY,  MEANWHILE I WILL ADVISE THAT YOU TRY ATTEND THE DISTRIBUTORS' CONFERENCE SCHEDULED FOR LAGOS AND ABUJA ON 8TH AND 9TH OF SEPT RESPECTIVELY . IT IS HIGH TIME YOU MADE SOME MONEY FOR YOURSELF,  NOT JUST TALK.

TOTS
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by linksman(m): 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2008
@ shamass77,
thanks for info relating daarsat's distributor conference you gave me when i called.
since you represent daargroup in here, i suggest you begin representing to the fullest on every activity relating to your organisation.
like for instance, my fellow peeps in the house would appreciate the info you gave me as well concerning the daarsat distributors conference for those in the Lagos Zone:
EVENT: Daarsat Distributors Conference
DATE: Monday 8th, September, 2008
VENUE: Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja
TIME: 10:00AM

NOTE ALSO: you can text your name, company name and corperate address to 08066556005 for seat reservation and more details.

my guy shamass, this assignment is for you. please find out the exact address of the venue (that is street name and number) where this event is holding in ikeja. i know it's off allen avenue, but can't remeber the street name. alot of people who do not live in or around ikeja or Lagos for that matter would appreciate the info. you can add directions for good effect!!!!!! grin
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by maskuraid(m): 8:10am On Sep 08, 2008
nobody's prayin DAAR should fail or anythin like dat.all we r sayin is dat we r tired of beein tantalised wit all d promises only for d end product to fall way below expectation.nigerians love choices,good ones at dat.who says we wont jump on board once DAAR brings d goodies?all we are preachin is for dem to do us right.let dem unde promise and over deliver if dat can happen.'enito pass lo mo we no b eni to ba fumble'.as for d DAAR man,hope u stay here long enof to tell us 'i told u so'.WE WILL GLADLY EAT OUR DOUBTS.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by shamass77(m): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2008
hello everyone, pardon my prolonged silence. i have been extremely busy, running from meeting to meeting. am sure yuou all can understand.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by shamass77(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2008
I HAVE BEEN RUNING FROM MEETING TO MEETING. I ASSUME YOU ALL CAN UNDERSTAND. MEANWHILE FOR THE RECORD PLS DON'T GET THE INFORMATION WRONG. ONCE AGAIN, HERE ARE THE CONFERENCE DETAILS:

DATE: TUESDAY, 9TH SEPT, 2008, NOT MONDAY, 8TH. MONDAY 8TH IS FOR ABUJA CONFERENCE

VENUE: LAGOS AIRPORT HOTEL, IKEJA LAGOS.

TIME: 12:00NOON.

HOWEVER, FOR EASY REGISTRATION, KINDLY TEXT YOUR NAME, COMPANY NAME AND CVORPORATE ADDRESS TO 08066556005

THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by shamass77(m): 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2008
AS REQUESTED BY MEMBERS, ONLINE AND THROUGH PHONE CALLS, HERE ARE SOME OF THE CHANNELS TO EXPECT ON DAARSAT:

AIT MOVISTAR
DAAR STAR EXPRESS
SAHARA FILMY
B4U MOVIES
FOX CRIME
FOX ENTERTAINMENT
FOX LIFE
LUXE TV
ART CHANNEL
SETANTA AFRICA
FOX SPORTS
AIT SPORTS
CNBC AFRICA
AFRICAN BUSINESS CHANNEL
FOX NEWS
ALJAZEERA
BBC WORLD
EURONEWS
AIT NEWS
FUEL
KIDSCO
FOX BABY TV
NICKELODEON
SOUNDCITY
PRIMETIME AFRICA
BATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
C-MUSIC
MTV BASE
MCM TOP
MCM POP
SCI-TECH TV
FASHION TV
B4U MUSIC
QUEST TV
EURO SPORT NEWS
AREWA CHANNEL
YORUBA CHANNEL
IBO CHANNEL
SARAHA ONE

PLUS SOME OTHER NIGERIAN TV CHANNELS (THAT COULD MEET THE MPEG 4 BROADCAST STANDARD)

MEANWHILE, THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF CHANNELS THAT COULD BE ADDED TO THIS SAT AS YOU WILL FIND OUT IN TIME.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by soloqy: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
Now you are talking.

You see?

It wasnt that hard, was it?
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by shamass77(m): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2008
not at all.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by linksman(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ shamass77,
i accept your apology for having given me wrong info yesterday concerning daarsat distributors conference.
you gave me a wrong date for the lagos zone. honestly, i would have eaten you raw this morning when arrived lagos airport hotel only to find out that there was no conference fixed for today 4 daarsat at the venue.
it was painful for me cuz i had to go half way across town to get to that venue. you can imagine the stress involved when it comes to lagos traffic hold-ups on a monday morning!!!!!!! shocked
the only thing that pacified my anger was when you returned my call and text messages to apologise.
i will finally foregive you when you compensate me with a free daarsat decoder and three months free subscription grin grin grin

as per the channels you listed, which one of them will be giving man pikin quality and current foreign movies like sci-fi, action and adventure flicks i can see that you guys love indian movies angry.
do we get to watch live premiership and la liaga matches outside the usual osmi/NTA/AIT terrestial transmissions
abeg, let us know more about ur offerings
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by shamass77(m): 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2008
B4U MOVIES IS A DEDICATED BOLLYWOOD CHANNEL, SO BE PREPARED FOR ENOUGH INDIAN FILMS. THERE IS AN ART CHANNEL FOR ART LOVERS AND ADVENTURES, SCITECH TV FOR SUCH SCIFI MOVIES AND DOCUMENTARIES, AIT SPORTS 1, 2 & 3 ARE ALSO DESIGNED TO SPECIFICALLY GIVE ATENTION TO PREMIERSHIP, UEFA CUP, THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND THE SPANISH LA LIGA, ITALIAN SERIE A WHICH WE ARE WORKING OUT NOW. WE WILL ALSO GIVE ATTENTION TO THE LOCAL SPORTS IN NIGERIA THEREBY MAKING THEM MORE COMPETITIVE.
Re: AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet by memento: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2008
Shamash, since ure an insider, wht are we to expect in respect of the internet offering?? especially the bundle with visafone and the equipment. Please let us know about that too. U never know there in may lie your catch, so spill it or find out if you dont know. Thnks, 'may u sell, ' lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Gotv And Generator Combination Wrong? / Nss 22w Cccam / Order For All Your Satellite Decoders Directly From Onitsha At Cheaper Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.