Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,596 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

The World Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The World Today (1609 Views)

Meditation In The World Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Today by 5minsmadness: 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
Where self-love has been traded for morality.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The World Today by ArchEnemy(m): 11:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
Lol

Where 'good' is ignored and 'bad' is celebrated

4 Likes

Re: The World Today by lilmax(m): 12:01am On Jul 20, 2015
Next is "you can be a christian and still be gay" undecided

2 Likes

Re: The World Today by yorubadelta(f): 6:00am On Jul 20, 2015
No other religion gets attacked the way Christianity does. Athiests mock our God and ignore other religions but I'm yet to see an atheist attack lets say a Buddhist for his/her beliefs. Yet, when they see Christians, that demonic influence in their lives fills them up with so much hatred.. darkness cannot stand light.

I don't see the west pressuring other religions to Wed homosexuals in their mosques, temples etc but the church gets that pressure. Why is that?
Pastors are now getting jailed for refusing to Wed two men. undecided
Christians are shunned and despised worldwide.

Well, all these happenings lead me to believe one thing: CHRISTIANITY IS THE RIGHT WAY which is why the devil is fighting so hard to stop us cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Today by melodies: 7:15am On Jul 20, 2015
So on point

yorubadelta:
No other religion gets attacked the way Christianity does. Athiests mock our God and ignore other religions but I'm yet to see an atheist attack lets say a Buddhist for his/her beliefs. Yet, when they see Christians, that demonic influence in their lives fills them up with so much hatred.. darkness cannot stand light.

I don't see the west pressuring other religions to Wed homosexuals in their mosques, temples etc but the church gets that pressure. Why is that?

Well, all these happenings lead me to believe one thing: CHRISTIANITY IS THE RIGHT WAY which is why the devil is fighting so hard to stop us cool

3 Likes

Re: The World Today by MARKone(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2015
Umu uwa, na Amu ezi ihe, (we should surround ourselves with Good) maka (because) Uwa na acho Ikpu (the End is near)

Transvestites are Evil and we should condemn them, just like Gays.

1 Like

Re: The World Today by edwife(f): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2015
Yourubadelta what you said is absolutely correct but i want to point out something here.
Christians are attacked because they are also the same religion making the wrong highlights....

-Christians are very hypocrites and hide behind the bible to commit atrocities.Yes there are bad eggs in every association,group,religion but with Christianity it's another thing all together.I understand that it is the most popular monotheistic religion nonetheless it is also the most divided and confused religion.

We have gay pastors,gay Christians,paedophiles priests,polygamist and adulterer pastors,magician pastors(fake miracles),the list is unending....
How many headlines numerous churches make on daily basis compare to any other religion?

I have met atheists who are close to perfect if not righteous than some Christians....maybe atheists mock our God because they don't see anything convincing in the lives of it followers. We have so twisted the Bible(word of God) to suit our purposes that even a Christian himself seems dumb and naive.

My opinion though....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World Today by watson321: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2015
watson123:

Bring it on! Francistony created an alternate moniker to spam 5minsmadness. Pained individual lyk him. Shioooor!

cc ishilove royalroy seun lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Today by 5minsmadness: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2015
lilmax:
That has already started na

1 Like

Re: The World Today by yorubadelta(f): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2015
edwife:
Yourubadelta what you said is absolutely correct but i want to point out something here.
Christians are attacked because they are also the same religion making the wrong highlights....

-Christians are very hypocrites and hide behind the bible to commit atrocities.Yes there are bad eggs in every association,group,religion but with Christianity it's another thing all together.I understand that it is the most popular monotheistic religion nonetheless it is also the most divided and confused religion.

We have gay pastors,gay Christians,paedophiles priests,polygamist and adulterer pastors,magician pastors(fake miracles),the list is unending....
How many headlines numerous churches make on daily basis compare to any other religion?

I have met atheists who are close to perfect if not righteous than some Christians....maybe atheists mock our God because they don't see anything convincing in the lives of it followers. We have so twisted the Bible(word of God) to suit our purposes that even a Christian himself seems dumb and naive.

My opinion though....

Well, I certainly dont call such people Christians. The bible does in fact state that weeds will grow amongst the crops but on the day of harvest (the judgement day) they will be seperated from the wheat and thrown into the fire where they belong. Just because they infiltrate the church doesn't make them true believers.

As for Atheists, they can be 'good' from now till eternity but without Christ, no one can enter heaven. period.
Following all the 'rules" doesn't make one right with God, rather , only true acceptance of Jesus will save man from eternal damnation. smiley

7 Likes

Re: The World Today by 5minsmadness: 9:41am On Jul 20, 2015
edwife:

My opinion though....

You have a point.
Yet could it be that the reason Christianity appears so 'Confused' is because it is the religion most under attack by the devil and it's cohorts? Hence trying by all means to discredit it and pull it down?

5 Likes

Re: The World Today by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 20, 2015
yorubadelta:

Victim mentality as usual.
Fact is that most atheists were once a Christian and they know more about bible than quaran.
How many religious books called atheists fools if not bible but you didn't see anything bad in it.
Go to any church and see how pastors condemn and discriminate against unbelievers taking cue from the bible but when it's retaliated, you scream murder.
Apart from arabic countries/nations, in western world Christianity is the religion that mostly shove their beliefs on other people's face.
Go to any immorality thread on NL e.g promiscuity, gayism, you won't see muslims quoting their quaran to other people but it can't be said of christian.
No one force Christians to wed gays, quit lying.

You are all getting served with what you sowed.

2 Likes

Re: The World Today by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 20, 2015
lilmax:
That sounds ridiculous.
But gays are sinners just like you and I, you can't deny them of believing in God & bible.

3 Likes

Re: The World Today by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 20, 2015
yorubadelta:

Well, I certainly dont call such people Christians. The bible does in fact state that weeds will grow amongst the crops but on the day of harvest (the judgement day) they will be seperated from the wheat and thrown into the fire where they belong. Just because they infiltrate the church doesn't make them true believers.

As for Atheists, they can be 'good' from now till eternity but without Christ, no one can enter heaven. period.
Following all the 'rules" doesn't make one right with God, rather , only true acceptance of Jesus will save man from eternal damnation. smiley

We are both atheist, the difference between us is that I don't believe in any God while you believe in one out of thousands of Gods. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The World Today by yorubadelta(f): 10:01am On Jul 20, 2015
Logicalmind1:

We are both atheist, the difference between us is that I don't believe in any God while you believe in one out of thousands of Gods. cheesy

undecided undecided
makes no sense whatsoever

5 Likes

Re: The World Today by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 20, 2015
yorubadelta:

undecided undecided
makes no sense whatsoever

If I burn in your God's hell, you'll burn in Allah's hell.
FYI, there are countless of prophecies qu'ran predicted and it has come to pass.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The World Today by yorubadelta(f): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2015
Logicalmind1:

If I burn in your God's heaven, you'll burn in Allah's heaven.
FYI, there are countless of prophecies qu'ran predicted and it has come to pass.. smiley

LOL .. Ok, would you believe if I told you I was once an atheist like you? I'm not surprised at your reasoning, in fact, it's laughable to me really coz my own was even worse back then. Hehe.. But I thank God for saving me.

You are extremely defensive and fight back with venom because like I said, darkness cannot stand light.
When I was a unbeliever, I despised Christianity with everything within me but now I see that all that was due to a strong influence of demonic forces in my life at the time. My life was in shambles and I was spiritually blind to a lot of things. I believed in "logic" which is the no.1 tactic the devil uses to decieve many. Didn't he lure Adam & Eve with this same so called "wisdom"? grin
I pray one day you realise that the wisdom of this world is pure foolishness in the sight of God.

Since I've known Christ, I've known nothing but peace and true joy that only comes from HIM. My heart has been transformed for good. I hope your orientation changes too coz I don't wish for anyone to go to hell sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Today by edwife(f): 11:32am On Jul 20, 2015
Logicalmind1:

That sounds ridiculous.
But gays are sinners just like you and I, you can't deny them of believing in God & bible.

No we can't deny them in believing in God but the Bible itself says:

"It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3 Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. 4"And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."Luke 17:3

3 Likes

Re: The World Today by edwife(f): 11:38am On Jul 20, 2015
yorubadelta:

True that smiley

5minsmadness:

You have a point.
Yet could it be that the reason Christianity appears so 'Confused' is because it is the religion most under attack by the devil and it's cohorts? Hence trying by all means to discredit it and pull it down?

Could be,could be not.We as human have the power to choose between right and wrong,at least God gave us the wisdom to do so.
Well the Bible has explained that already,so we should not be surprise anymore.

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. 2 Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned 2 Peter 2:1

4 Likes

Re: The World Today by yorubadelta(f): 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
edwife:

True that smiley

Could be,could be not.We as human have the power to choose between right and wrong,at least God gave us the wisdom to do so.
Well the Bible has explained that already,so we should not be surprise anymore.

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. 2 Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned 2 Peter 2:1

wink wink wink
Re: The World Today by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
yorubadelta:

LOL .. Ok, would you believe if I told you I was once an atheist like you? I'm not surprised at your reasoning, in fact, it's laughable to me really coz my own was even worse back then. Hehe.. But I thank God for saving me.

You are extremely defensive and fight back with venom because like I said, darkness cannot stand light.
When I was a unbeliever, I despised Christianity with everything within me but now I see that all that was due to a strong influence of demonic forces in my life at the time. My life was in shambles and I was spiritually blind to a lot of things. I believed in "logic" which is the no.1 tactic the devil uses to decieve many. Didn't he lure Adam & Eve with this same so called "wisdom"? grin
I pray one day you realise that the wisdom of this world is pure foolishness in the sight of God.

Since I've known Christ, I've known nothing but peace and true joy that only comes from HIM. My heart has been transformed for good. I hope your orientation changes too coz I don't wish for anyone to go to hell sad

Good for you!
I don't believe in the bible.
All the scenario is irrerelvant to me.
Re: The World Today by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
edwife:

No we can't deny them in believing in God but the Bible itself says:

"It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3 Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. 4"And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."Luke 17:3

John8 :7
So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

My point is that if everyone start condemning and saying there is no gay christian, when we are not perfect, then there is no Christian at all because we have all sinned.
Mere lust is a sin and when we admire opposite sex, 99.9% of it was borne out of lust even if we surpress it and didn't act on it, it's still a SIN. cheesy

Lastly, I don't believe in what I wrote.
See how bible contradicted itself, and I became an atheist. grin

1 Like

Re: The World Today by edwife(f): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
Logicalmind1:

John8 :7
So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

My point is that if everyone start condemning and saying there is no gay christian, when we are not perfect, then there is no Christian at all because we have all sinned.
Mere lust is a sin and when we admire opposite sex, 99.9% of it was borne out of lust even if we surpress it and didn't act on it, it's still a SIN. cheesy

The Bible did not contradict itself,the woman came for repentance,Jesus saw her heart and forgave her.The Bible asks us to forgive if the sinner is repentant.As long as they sin and repent,we should forgive.
Yes mere lust is a sin but the minute i acknowledge that i have sinned and ask for forgiveness,my sins are washed away.

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.2 peter 2

3 Likes

Re: The World Today by TV01(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
Logicalmind1:
My point is that if everyone start condemning and saying there is no gay christian
There "is no gay christian". Christians do not identify themselves by their sin, wear it like a badge of honour, insisting it must be normalised and the bible revised to depict it as moral.

Logicalmind1:
when we are not perfect, then there is no Christian at all because we have all sinned.
Your position is a mistaken interpretation of scripture, or simply a failure to grasp the difference between acknowledging and repenting of sin and demanding that one' sin is not actually sin - contrary to how the scriptures clearly label it.

Logicalmind1:
And acknowledging ones sinfulness, repenting and praying for deliverance from it is part of being a Christian. Perfection is end-game, not required at outset - sinlessness is to be strived for and readily obtainable in Christ. As opposed to righteousness which is imputed.

A person who is a christian can struggle with same-sex attraction, delivery is like that from any other sin. A person with SSA who insists that it is right, normal, moral and qualifies himself and his christianity with it, is not a christian. Righteouss judgement right there cool!

Logicalmind1:
Feel free to believe whatsoever you choose. The confusion here is yours, not the bibles.

TV

4 Likes

Re: The World Today by lilmax(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Logicalmind1:

That sounds ridiculous.
an atheist and sinner at the same time cheesy
Re: The World Today by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
edwife:

The Bible did not contradict itself,the woman came for repentance,Jesus saw her heart and forgave her.The Bible asks us to forgive if the sinner is repentant.As long as they sin and repent,we should forgive.
Yes mere lust is a sin but the minute i acknowledge that i have sinned and ask for forgiveness,my sins are washed away.

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.2 peter 2

okay. seen!
Re: The World Today by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
TV01:

There "is no gay christian". Christians do not identify themselves by their sin, wear it like a badge of honour, insisting it must be normalised and the bible revised to depict it as moral.

Your position is a mistaken interpretation of scripture, or simply a failure to grasp the difference between acknowledging and repenting of sin and demanding that one' sin is not actually sin - contrary to how the scriptures clearly label it.

And acknowledging ones sinfulness, repenting and praying for deliverance from it is part of being a Christian. Perfection is end-game, not required at outset - sinlessness is to be strived for and readily obtainable in Christ. As opposed to righteousness which is imputed.

A person who is a christian can struggle with same-sex attraction, delivery is like that from any other sin. A person with SSA who insists that it is right, normal, moral and qualifies himself and his christianity with it, is not a christian. Righteouss judgement right there cool!

Feel free to believe whatsoever you choose. The confusion here is yours, not the bibles.

TV

okay. seen!
Re: The World Today by TV01(m): 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: The World Today by 5minsmadness: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good job fellas smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why All Men Should Be Feminists / Too late / Should I Be Thinking Of Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.