Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy (2365 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by bawomolo(m): 3:44am On Mar 12, 2009
WASILLA, Alaska – Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin, the teenage daughter of Gov. Sarah Palin, have broken off their engagement, he said Wednesday, about 2 1/2 months after the couple had a baby.

Johnston, 19, told The Associated Press that he and 18-year-old Bristol Palin mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. He declined to elaborate as he stood outside his family's home in Wasilla, about 40 miles north of Anchorage.

He also said some details of the breakup, rumors of which had been swirling on the Internet, were inaccurate.

Bristol Palin said in a statement issued through a spokeswoman for her mother's political action committee that she was "devastated."

"Unfortunately, my family has seen many people say and do many things to `cash in' on the Palin name," she said. "Sometimes that greed clouds good judgment and the truth."

SarahPAC spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton did not immediately respond to requests for clarification.

The two teens are the parents of a boy named Tripp, who was born Dec. 27.

Sarah Palin revealed her daughter's pregnancy just days after being named John McCain's running mate on the Republican presidential ticket.

In an interview that aired on Fox News last month, Bristol Palin said her fiance saw the baby every day and described him as a "hands-on" dad.

The two had said they were considering a summer wedding.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/bristol_palin

ha ha they didn't even make it till a wedding. what happened to family values?
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 3:50am On Mar 12, 2009
Big Surprise.

Lack of sex education definitely worked for her family
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TOYOSI20(f): 4:14am On Mar 12, 2009
What else is to be expected tho??

I mean for how long could they keep putting up all that unnecessary front??
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by rite2salas(m): 4:19am On Mar 12, 2009
Levi bowed out   cheesy grin grin when he his would be mother in-law thought Africa was a country  cheesy
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by bawomolo(m): 5:01am On Mar 12, 2009
we all knew the so-called planned marriage was to save face for Mrs. Family values.
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by Ibime(m): 10:24am On Mar 12, 2009
White trash is white trash, despite putting lipstick on.
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2009
@all,

I am amazed by the sheer hypocrisy and self-righteousness you all have expressed so far.  Can anyone here tell me if they do not know anyone within their extended family or circle of friends who got knocked up before marriage? 

This is a tragic family issue that should transcend political posturings!
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by davidylan5: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2009
Tayo-D:

@all,

I am amazed by the sheer hypocrisy and self-righteousness you all have expressed so far. Can anyone here tell me if they do not know anyone within their extended family or circle of friends who got knocked up before marriage?

Then the hypocrisy is squarely that of the Palins. They told us they were considering marriage in the summer, they told us both were a happy, responsible couple . . . but now we know it was simply an act, Palin dragged Levy around to save face. The fact that both had "mutually" agreed "long ago" to end the relationship is enough proof that it was had been a stage act all along.
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by RichyBlacK(m): 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

we all knew the so-called planned marriage was to save face for Mrs. Family values.

True yarn right thurr!
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 6:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
~davidylan:

Then the hypocrisy is squarely that of the Palins. They told us they were considering marriage in the summer, they told us both were a happy, responsible couple . . . but now we know it was simply an act, Palin dragged Levy around to save face. The fact that both had "mutually" agreed "long ago" to end the relationship is enough proof that it was had been a stage act all along.

Exactly. The hypocrisy lies in the Palin family.

I assume Tayo was 'way" when Bristol went on FOX News laughing at her mother's pro-abstinence campaign calling it "unrealistic"
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2009
Until it can be proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the two teenagers were coerced by their parents to posture for political advantage, then I see no need to assume the worst of them. Besides, doesn't Bristol's public stance contrary to her mother's suggest she is an independent person?

If I am suspicious of anybody's motives at all, I will be for the guy. He was so excited that his mother-in-law could become the VP of the US that he could have been leeading the girl on just to achive that dream. Does anyone really think he will be so eager to break up that relationship had Palin become VP?

Like I said, this is no happy issue, and the Palin's only consideration at this point is what is in the best interest of their daughter and grandchild!
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
Tayo-D:

Besides, doesn't Bristol's public stance contrary to her mother's suggest she is an independent person?

suggests that Palin she tend to her home first before telling other women or parents how to raise their children

Simple
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2009
DeReloaded,

suggests that Palin she tend to her home first before telling other women or parents how to raise their children. Simple
She told you how to raise your children? That's news to me. Want to share how and when she did that?
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 7:17pm On Mar 12, 2009
Im not a parent so your comment doesnt make sense.

By voting against sex education in schools and screaming about only abstience, she's telling others how she expects them to raise their kids. Something she didnt pass on to her own children.

If you know you wanna get personal just because we are talking about your demi-god Palin, I shall ignore you
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Dereloaded,

Im not a parent so your comment doesnt make sense.
I'm not infering you are a parent. Just wanted you to back up your earlier statement with facts.

By voting against sex education in schools and screaming about only abstience, she's telling others how she expects them to raise their kids. Something she didnt pass on to her own children.
That's not so. That you teach your kids does not mean they will accept your values. Parents are not always to blame for their children's actions or lack of it. You don't think that sex education includes abstinence? That negates my holistic understanding of what sex education is all about.

If you know you wanna get personal just because we are talking about your demi-god Palin, I shall ignore you
I'm not getting personal in order to attack personalities. My intention of making this issue personal to everyone is for each person to put it in perspective. My first response here invited everyone, including myself to check their imediate families and circle of friends in order to avoid a hypocritical stance.

Pardon me if you feel offended. Attacking personalities is simply not my style.
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2009
You got personal by stating I was implying that she was hindering education for my kids. Dont have kids so I dont understand your use of "your kids"

You don't think that sex education includes abstinence? That negates my holistic understanding of what sex education is all about.

Yes it does. It does involve abstinence which is why it doesnt make sense how she and many Republicans are so against such teaching in schools yet at the same time have problems with teenage mothers going on welfare.

It will NOT stop until these kids are properly educated
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by MrCrackles(m): 7:44pm On Mar 12, 2009
Who cares?!
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2009
@DeReloaded,

You got personal by stating I was implying that she was hindering education for my kids. Dont have kids so I dont understand your use of "your kids"
I didn't know you are that sensitive. However, my point is not lost in the phrase I used. I will still like to know how Palin told anyone how to raise their children. This is the information I seek.

Yes it does. It does involve abstinence which is why it doesnt make sense how she and many Republicans are so against such teaching in schools yet at the same time have problems with teenage mothers going on welfare.
Her concerns like mine is that abstinence is not encouraged at all. Rather, a promsicous lifestyle is considered the norm. It takes a strength of character to abstain but our children are not taught that at all.
No one has a problem with giving welfare to people who deserve it. It is the abuse of the welfare system that concerns some of us. Besides,it is a known fact that conservatives are more liberal with their money than the so-called Liberals.

It will NOT stop until these kids are properly educated
These kids are more exposed and educated than you sef! cheesy
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
Tayo-D:

Her concerns like mine is that abstinence is not encouraged at all. Rather, a promsicous lifestyle is considered the norm. It takes a strength of character to abstain but our children are not taught that at all.

You just stated that abstience is taught part of sex education, now you're saying that it's not taught at all. Pick one, Tayo.

Her OWN kid laughed and claimed abstinence is a joke and unrealistic. some of us that are NOT republicans know that isnt true. Not that unrealistic esp in teenage years, apparently Palin didnt teach her that

Her "concerns" should have been placed on her kids first. It's one thing if she just made a mistake, it's another to completely laugh at/dismiss it.

Tayo-D:

These kids are more exposed and educated than you sef! cheesy

If that were true, they wouldnt be knocked up all over the place. They'd know enough to either consider abstinence or at the very least protect themselves.
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 9:49pm On Mar 12, 2009
@DeReloaded,

You just stated that abstience is taught part of sex education, now you're saying that it's not taught at all. Pick one, Tayo.
I'm saying abstinence is part of sex education but this is not what is taught and promoted in our schools. What is taught is more like prevention of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. Get my point now?

Her OWN kid laughed and claimed abstinence is a joke and unrealistic. some of us that are NOT republicans know that isnt true. Not that unrealistic esp in teenage years, apparently Palin didnt teach her that
She never claimed she was not taught but that she does not accept what she was taught. That is the difference. The best example her mom laid down was to not get pregnant out of wedlock. What other lessons does Bristol need?

Her "concerns" should have been placed on her kids first. It's one thing if she just made a mistake, it's another to completely laugh at/dismiss it.
Her daughter is an adult who obviously has her own mind irrespective of what she's taught at home. It's funny how everyone dismisses her independent mindedness and accuse her mom of manipulating her for political gains.
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
Tayo-D:

@DeReloaded,
I'm saying abstinence is part of sex education but this is not what is taught and promoted in our schools. What is taught is more like prevention of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. Get my point now

Both are taught and promoted, Tayo. You are just guessing, you dont KNOW what is being taught. Well in the few schools that allow sex education anyway.

If they are so worried, why dont they find ways to revamp the programs (and I dont mean trying to scare them with hell either) instead of outright speaking against them.
Abstinence AND Prevention should be discussed.
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by Ibime(m): 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2009
Tayo-D:

@all,

I am amazed by the sheer hypocrisy and self-righteousness you all have expressed so far.  Can anyone here tell me if they do not know anyone within their extended family or circle of friends who got knocked up before marriage? 

My friend shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!!

You oddball fanatic of Palin, Limbaugh, Annie Coulter, Adolph Hitler

Shebi we told you the bitch was only playing happy families for the media since last summer, yet you were yarning nonsense!

Why do you rush to defend these extremists all the time?
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by Treetop20(m): 10:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
i reckon they broke up a long time ago
but decided to keep it hush hush until the
campaign was over and done with
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 3:13am On Mar 13, 2009
@Ibime,

My friend shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!!

You oddball fanatic of Palin, Limbaugh, Annie Coulter, Adolph Hitler
I can see you've put yourself in good company being a friend to a fan of Adolf Hitler.  As usual, I expect nothing from you but personal attacks and innuendos.  Your inability to restrain this caustic part of your nature is a detriment to the once in a year intelligent post you make on nairaland.

Shebi we told you the bitch was only playing happy families for the media since last summer, yet you were yarning nonsense!
If this conversation were not taking place online, I would definitely not be around people like you who use such vulgar languages to describe a woman.  You might want to address people with some respect even if you disagree with their politics.  We have a situation where a family is experiencing a difficult situation that most families around the world have to deal with, and here you are trying to score a cheap political point.  That is what I have come to despise in you leftists.  Every move, however noble it seems is basically for political gains.  It is not about the people, it is about politics.

Why do you rush to defend these extremists all the time?
I have not defended you have I? The people you've mentioned, except your hero Hitler have proven themselves to be more noble than you.  I have not heard them call people "bitches" nor have they cooked up stories and misrepresented people on national television.  While Obama is not guilty of the former, he is at least guilty of the latter! I wonder who is more extreme between you and Coulter!
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by Ibime(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2009
MY FRIEND SHATTAP! grin
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2009
@ibime,

MY FRIEND SHATTAP!
That is an improvement.  At least you were light-hearted about my response! tongue

So now that you've made your yearly sensible post in the above quote, we should brace ourselves to be inundated with more jargons from you for the rest of the year  wink
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by Ibime(m): 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2009
there is no such thing as jargon[b]s[/b], only jargon. cool
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2009
I wouldnt consider Coulter "noble" even Mccain's daughter thinks she's disgusting
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by TayoD1(m): 2:32pm On Mar 13, 2009
@Ibime,

there is no such thing as jargons, only jargon.
Are you sure?  Don't try to over-extend yourself.  You are done with your intelligent post for the year!

@DeReloaded,

I wouldnt consider Coulter "noble" even Mccain's daughter thinks she's disgusting
That is why I put her on the same pedestal with Ibime!!!
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2009
I guess I was responding to this

The people you've mentioned, except your hero Hitler have proven themselves to be more noble than you.
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by Ibime(m): 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
Tayo-D, your piss-taking for the year is done!

Only an extreme-rightist would call me a leftist. I have always been a centrist. What would you call RichyBlack if I am a leftist?
Re: Bristol Palin Dumped By Baby Daddy by DeReloaded: 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2009
Ibime:

What would you call RichyBlack if I am a leftist?

a raving lunatic cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout The Biography Of Ghana's President-elect, Nana Akufo-addo / Melania Trump Poses With The First Granny Of France / Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.