Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria (39793 Views)

He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task / I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
moreover,if the story is true, we should not forget that he was sacked because of fraud not the hotel issue involving the wife and his kid.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hebo (Hebrew) people must want to profit. ... Disgusting petty hediot.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
VANENON:

Compared to what he earns its would have been a just.
The guy is pretttttyyyyyyyyyyyy stupid. Even if he wanted to be smart which is wrong by the way after the first incidence he should have known he would be under scrutiny. Guess it must be remote from his village..............

Lol your comment is funny.
Every big man does not have a big pocket.
We keep making this mistake, Cus he owns two cars or a big mansion doesn't mean he has a lot to spare.
No matter how rich I may become doesn't make me to suddenly lose the value of money.

You're saying #70k is small compared to what he earns but you fail to realize that his earnings wasn't stated ,not even a clue...you've just sidelined your view to his status,it's wrong.

Biko nu, #70k is not a just ...big man or not
cool
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Cityguy: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
Most likely the guy is regretting his folly now. If pressured into going with the family, that's even worse cos he would visit he'll on the hapless 'young' family. Bottom line: Fraud may look attractive but in the end, the seeming reward of it is cut short with consequent regrets.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by MrCEO69(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
Tomfrench:
OP change that NEDU to Mr X,

the guy’s IQ is embarrassing,

for a working class individual undecided
up on all the names in d world, na my name op see... Abeg op change am to another thing, chinedu's are not like dis guy.:/
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by MrCEO69(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2015
MIPNIG:
Hebo (Hebrew) people must want to profit. ... Disgusting petty hediot.
he might nt be igbo.. Dnt knw why d op decided to use the igbo name. Well he might be a hater of the tribe, just like u.

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Mekurexx: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2015
LMFAOOO!!. TOO FUNNY grin grin cheesy cheesy
ELTON123:
What an interesting moviecheesy

Title:::::: NEDU WAN CARRY ALL HIN FAMILY GO KENYAundecided
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
MrCEO69:

up on all the names in d world, na my name op see... Abeg op change am to another thing, chinedu's are not like dis guy.:/
hahaha!!! he must change it o grin

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by ELTON123(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mekurexx:
LMFAOOO!!. TOO FUNNY grin grin cheesy cheesy
cheesy
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Wayne2: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
A few years ago, Chevron sacked someone because of something similar. I wonder why these dudes always wanna play smart.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by hunkydory(m): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
His misfortune is someone else's fortune. Now there is vacancy in that company and someone is gonna get job there and do Thanksgiving. Oil and Gas is the dream company to work with.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by MsNas(f): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
This story might actually be true. Most of these Oil companies always send their workers on training, and if you are a full time worker you always get a credit card you can use without limits. So far you use it for yourself and on things (food, gas, hotels etc) you only need during the course of the training, conference or workshop.

The mistake anyone will make is incurring extra and frivolous charges on such cards or accounts. For goodness sakes, this guy killed himself. I do not pity him one bit. You had the money to pay the airfare of wifey and kid to fly to Kenya, how much is the extra $300-$500 you would have to pay to upgrade an hotel room? Why cant he allow his family sit in Nigeria if he can't pay extra?

My man works for such, and anytime I go with him on such, he pays for my airfare out of his own pocket. When we go out to eat, we pay with two cards (He puts his food on his company card and mine on his own card). In situations where the training is In-State, he does not go with the company car, lest they accuse him of using company car for something else. He uses his own car, uses their card for exactly the amount of gas he should have used and pays for the rest of the gas out of pocket. Nobody will be questioning him about mileage of the company car because we had to drive with the car somewhere fun, or take the car somewhere with me and God forbid it gets carjacked.

My advise to the guy is to just forget Nigeria. Its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a camel than to get another job with a multinational oil and gas company after you got fired from your previous job in Nigeria....word travels fast, and they might find it so hard to trust him. He should go to grad school or something and hopefully he will get a job after he graduates.

3 Likes

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by olenime(m): 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
MsNas:
This story might actually be true. Most of these Oil companies always send their workers on training, and if you are a full time worker you always get a credit card you can use without limits. So far you use it for yourself and on things (food, gas, hotels etc) you only need during the course of the training, conference or workshop.

The mistake anyone will make is incurring extra and frivolous charges on such cards or accounts. For goodness sakes, this guy killed himself. I do not pity him one bit. You had the money to pay the airfare of wifey and kid to fly to Kenya, how much is the extra $300-$500 you would have to pay to upgrade an hotel room? Why cant he allow his family sit in Nigeria if he can't pay extra?

My man works for such, and anytime I go with him on such, he pays for my airfare out of his own pocket. When we go out to eat, we pay with two cards (He puts his food on his company card and mine on his own card). In situations where the training is In-State, he does not go with the company car, lest they accuse him of using company car for something else. He uses his own car, uses their card for exactly the amount of gas he should have used and pays for the rest of the gas out of pocket. Nobody will be questioning him about mileage of the company car because we had to drive with the car somewhere fun, or take the car somewhere with me and God forbid it gets carjacked.

My advise to the guy is to just forget Nigeria. Its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a camel than to get another job with a multinational oil and gas company after you got fired from your previous job in Nigeria....word travels fast, and they might find it so hard to trust him. He should go to grad school or something and hopefully he will get a job after he graduates.
A good one there! U nailed it!
He must have been adviced by a friend in other oil coys who did d same and scalled tru!
Forgetting that we all different!!!!
I learnt mine in my first job, I lost it after being caught with coy's letter head papper as recommendation letter to pursue my masters degree abroad! Was fired immediately! Haven't recovered from it yet!
It pays to be truthful and smarter...

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by jas53: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
ELTON123:
What an interesting moviecheesy

Title:::::: NEDU WAN CARRY ALL HIN FAMILY GO KENYAundecided

More like nedu in kenya
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by manie(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
lalasticlala:
Someone shared this story on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ayourb/status/623215025960931332

Too bad, hope he will get another job.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by MsNas(f): 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
olenime:

A good one there! U nailed it!
He must have been adviced by a friend in other oil coys who did d same and scalled tru!
Forgetting that we all different!!!!
I learnt mine in my first job, I lost it after being caught with coy's letter head papper as recommendation letter to pursue my masters degree abroad! Was fired immediately! Haven't recovered from it yet!
It pays to be truthful and smarter...

I swear, I appreciate your truthfulness. You acknowledged wrongdoings....and that is the problem with a lot of us Nigerians. We like to cut corners. Thinking we can get away. Sometimes in May, I was somewhere in Oxnard at one of those training with him. We had to go to the harbor to go eat alongside his coworkers and somewhere long the line someone mentioned that they use their company card to even buy booze at the bar and all sorts. In fact, the food we ate (we were like 6-10) was paid by someone with his own company card. It was a huge sum. The guys were like "You can put anything on your company card".

But later when him and I got talking, we just decided it was not worth it. Is $200 or even $50 even worth losing a job that pays you thousands? These people that even charge every expense on the company card are old guys with decades of experience. Their wrongdoings can be easily overlooked. People like awoof, forgetting that "Awoof dey run belle". I pray you get over the disappointment of losing your job and get a bigger and better one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nelrulez(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
Obviously Nedu is a nerd.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by andepower: 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
His wife must have suggested to him all he did. I AM NOT A MISOGYNIST O!
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by pamcode(m): 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
That what happens when you are such an Acagaon and you try to be sharp and smart in odd situations.
May him wife better go find Job or else hunger go slim down her neck
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by baloney: 6:03am On Jul 22, 2015
He is over protective..
Probably don't even trust his wife..
He really has more serious issues of his life to deal wit. right within ...
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Abbycrown(f): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2015
“Greed is a fat demon with a small mouth and whatever you feed it is never enough.”
― Janwillem van de Wetering

Nigeria is full of many 'nedu-like' people.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by 4oyrsExperience(m): 8:02am On Jul 22, 2015
That's why we in the oil/gas sector with fat pay have decided not to marry...

Bsides, dis whole shit happened because he married a freaking Nigerian Lady.

Who marries a nigerian girl this days.... Gooooosh!!!
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by souljaboi51(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2015
lol. igbo man grin grin grin grin
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by ephi123(f): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2015
Jarus:
This post reads like a prophesy.

I work in an oil company.

I have a training in one European country in 0ctober.

My Group Head will also be coming from our UK office.

I plan to go with my wife and kids.

I have never given a thought whether it will involve extra costs for my company.

Now that I read this, I have to run it by my travels department to be sure I don't run foul of any company policy.

But I know there will be nothing wrong in taking your family along for training, provided no extra cost to the company.

I have noticed this among Nigerians (even outside Nigeria) whilst in contrast I have never seen any (non-Nigerian) colleague taking their families along on a work-sponsored trip rather they take leave days and plan a proper family holiday typically during the summer. Is there a particular reason Nigerians try to do this? i.e. take the family along for a work-trip? Is it to save costs or what, I really don't get it. Why be on a working holiday trip when you can have a proper holiday.

Secondly, during work trips, evenings are usually to network and have dinner with colleagues based in that location, would you take the family along for such?
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 23, 2015
ephi123:

I have noticed this among Nigerians (even outside Nigeria) whilst in contrast I have never seen any (non-Nigerian) colleague taking their families along on a work-sponsored trip rather they take leave days and plan a proper family holiday typically during the summer. Is there a particular reason Nigerians try to do this? i.e. take the family along for a work-trip? Is it to save costs or what, I really don't get it. Why be on a working holiday trip when you can have a proper holiday.

Secondly, during work trips, evenings are usually to network and have dinner with colleagues based in that location, would you take the family along for such?

Simple: cost saving.

But in addition, personally, I dont like traveling alone. It's boring.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by ephi123(f): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2015
Jarus:

Simple: cost saving.

But in addition, personally, I dont like traveling alone. It's boring.

Okay, I get it (although I personally wouldn't recommend it).
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2015
ephi123:

Okay, I get it (although I personally wouldn't recommend it).

I agree. It presents one asx unserious.
Re: How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria by olenime(m): 7:29am On Sep 08, 2015
MsNas:

I swear, I appreciate your truthfulness. You acknowledged wrongdoings....and that is the problem with a lot of us Nigerians. We like to cut corners. Thinking we can get away. Sometimes in May, I was somewhere in Oxnard at one of those training with him. We had to go to the harbor to go eat alongside his coworkers and somewhere long the line someone mentioned that they use their company card to even buy booze at the bar and all sorts. In fact, the food we ate (we were like 6-10) was paid by someone with his own company card. It was a huge sum. The guys were like "You can put anything on your company card".

But later when him and I got talking, we just decided it was not worth it. Is $200 or even $50 even worth losing a job that pays you thousands? These people that even charge every expense on the company card are old guys with decades of experience. Their wrongdoings can be easily overlooked. People like awoof, forgetting that "Awoof dey run belle". I pray you get over the disappointment of losing your job and get a bigger and better one.
Amen ohh, thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

G.i.s Geographic Information Systems / What Profitable Skill Can I Learn Now Before The End Of The Year / Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.