Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. (480 Views)

Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed / Bullet Proof Presidency Gwagon 500 Without Chasis N0...its Customised. Price 25m / Few Months Reg/used Volkwagen Transporter Bus (petrol , Long Chasis ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Yes the car is tokunbo.

The seller did the registration and all went well.

While i was checking the documents , i discovered there was an error on the chasis number.

Here is it on the engine

JN (KC) A31A6YT209416

But in the documents

JN (CK) A31A6YT209416

What do i do?

What are the possible solutions?

I know this is great opportunity for police to milk me dry day in day out by categorising as stolen car or fake documents bla bla bla.

The car is still with the seller .

I need your advice pls.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by mmrius(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
I wonder why this mistake has become the norm with car dealers. All the cars I have bought always had this problem, until I decided to always do the registration myself. You can also save yourself the trouble, by taking your car to FRSC, get the Chasis and engine number yourself and get a stress free car registration.

However, in this case you will have to part with 5 - 10k to get the mistake corrected. Something in me says this mistake is deliberate and car dealers use it to get additional money from the new car owner.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:48am On Jul 22, 2015
mmrius:

However, in this case you will have to part with 5 - 10k to get the mistake corrected. Something in me says this mistake is deliberate and car dealers use it to get additional money from the new car owner.

It will be a great mistake for him if he ever think he will get additional money.

However im still looking for the best way out without much trouble.

Ofcourse i know this seller will prove stubborn.

I saw the car only once.

I paid in full and even paid for repair to make it extraordinary clean.

Now i feel like just asking for 100% refund.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by stankion(m): 6:50am On Jul 22, 2015
This is a very minor problem na, just go to a court near u and swear an affidavit stating wat hapnd or beta still a police station for a document stating wat hapnd.
With dis doc, u can use d car for d next one year until it's time to register again.
Nobody makes mistakes intentionally.
Dats why it is called MISTAKE!
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2015
@Stankion

Thank you i believe that is one of the simplest way out.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
2 out of 53 viewers have idea.

There is serious issue in Nig.

Even the acclaimed dealers have no iota idea.

(1) (Reply)

Buy A Tokunbo Honda Accord 08/09 2.1m / I Need First Grade Registered GOLF 3 Auto. N300k Budget / Registered Toyota Sienna 2004 Model Extrememly Clean Very Sharp First Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.