Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Do You Know What Ur Name Mean At All? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Know What Ur Name Mean At All? (578 Views)

World Strongest Man Says He 'doesn't Know What Fear Looks Like' / Check Out What Ur Month Says About You. ⏩⏩⏩ (quote Which Baby Are You)? / What Traffic Lights Mean In Nigeria And The Rest Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know What Ur Name Mean At All? by Winifred468(f): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
Many a time, people make funny faces and gestures at the mention of my name...dunno why. But the name seems to be ubiquitous to me.

We often times have little or no knowledge about what our English name(s) mean,you know English is just a #second language. Perhaps,African parents would'nt have bothered to give their wards names in any language(s) other than theirs, but for the fact that they have a supposed official language spoken in their respective countries or to help people from other parts of the country/world pronounce their names well.(my instincts though).

Ask me what 'winifred' means, i will tell you with my eyes closed ...

Well,i had to find out what it means when comments like 'ah ah! Wich kin name b dt again?' , 'hmm.wteva' , 'is that your real name' , 'excuse me?'
's'oruko niyen sha?' (so many responses that i've lost count) were made whenever i'm asked for my name.

Now, i am a proud bearer of the name 'WINIFRED', my Nigerian names inclusive.

Are you proud of what you bear?
Re: Do You Know What Ur Name Mean At All? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
Favour . . . is my name. wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What Ur Name Mean At All? by jamex93(m): 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
How u go get name and u no go knw d meaning
Re: Do You Know What Ur Name Mean At All? by Winifred468(f): 10:38am On Jul 22, 2015
jamex93:
How u go get name and u no go knw d meaning

abi oh
_even my papa wey giv me sef no knw wetin im mean...

but i now know it,so...?

(1) (Reply)

HUH? Pepsi Allegedly Uses Dead/aborted BABIES To Flavour Additives / Photo: An Anambra Pastor Burns The Ukolo Uga Shrine… / New Vacation Photos Of Jonathan And His Family In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.