Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In (47050 Views)

10 Habits The Average Nigerian Should Let Go Of! / 10 ways an average Nigerian survives recession / Glo Indulges Subscribers With Best-in-class Data Rates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Yeah..
Yeah...... True
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by torchnaija: 12:01am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Gurgle(f): 12:03am On Jul 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
lmao, u deserve to be spanked for being a lil naughty. Anyways be free to go against team gh. I know u've got a few jokes against us.

Lool you know I do! grin
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by whandeykoal(f): 12:03am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:
.... So because u r in ph and according to u al youths in ph belong to one cult or d orda makes al nigerian youths cultist? ..... Now i see who lacks knowledge here, if i may ask how many nigerian states have u visited and u notice dat cultist is wat d youths go into? .....how many western states have u visited? How many northern states have u visited? How many eastern states have u visited? U have not been out of ph since u were born, and u come here to tell us trash . . . I pity u for ur lack of knowledge
. Y r u pained nw,he's jxt saying what he knows...abi,r u 1 of them? undecided
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 12:07am On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=whandeykoal post=36172196]. Y r u pained nw,he's jxt saying what he knows...abi,r u 1 of them? undecided[/quote

Did u really read wat I wrote or u just feel like to quote some one ]
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 23, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Of what relevance was the cultism to him ? did it help him get the first class ?. Membership of the cult is , still in my opinion , irrelevant.

Now you know the meaning of relevance
Okay
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by nuelski10: 12:41am On Jul 23, 2015
Lies....im a Nigerian youth and I'm 16,i don't engage in any of all those s.hit.The only i gotta say is get real and pls don't generalise undecided
Bagayaro
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by SexyStrawberry(f): 1:37am On Jul 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Op, I dnt agree with all ur points tho!

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.
NOTE: i'm not advising anyone to join cult oh!

Nice points..

FTC on emusmith's thread grin grin

This note is too long, I need some popcorn to read this
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by CHARLYX9: 1:38am On Jul 23, 2015
emusmith:
Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In.

Popularly quoted; "The future belongs to those who have, believe and pursue their dreams".
It's no doubt there are very many young folks today without a dream.
Some whose parents are well-to-do have decided to "enjoy" the lives till "Jesus comes".

The hazard that brings is usually colossal, enormous and prodigious.

The Average Nigerian boy or girl has no dream and I stand to be corrected.

The Justin Bieber (a Jew) they're celebrating and dying for, in his early teens, discovered his gift of singing and took deliberate and difficult steps in recording and updating them on YouTube. The rest is history...

The crux of this thread is; SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS INDULGE IN ALL KINDS OF THINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NO DREAM.

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

Looking up the FP, I saw how 12 "angels" were arrested for lesbianism and cultist practices. Why? Religion is NOT the opium of the masses; Deception is. Any religion that deceives, kills or threatens is a cultist group! Why can't these cultist groups quit threatening these little ones already?
Am I speaking over someone's head? Cultism isn't a far-fetched word anymore o...it is beginning to gain popularity at all levels. From music stars to secondary school children. Na was sha o sad

2. Immorality

I can say this anywhere, "people whose lives and happiness depend on sex hardly make any reasonable AND lasting contribution to life". If you hear a guy or girl say, "I can't live a week without sex", just know that the problem isn't the sex; it's like a food chain. There is a primary problem- Lack of SELF DISCIPLINE. You know how irreplaceably indispensable and consequential discipline is to be successful in any endeavor. Sometimes, I say, "sex is a poor man's hobby". [Opinion mine]

3. Social Media

As vital as hooking up with friends is, it doesn't make any sense from a proper vantage point. I was with a lady one time and the way she was like, "wow, I am so excited! I chatted with most of my primary, secondary and university friends on FB". I almost asked, what were you guys discussing? How much time do you give to social media? What of your dreams? Your aspirations? There is no such thing as "spare time". Nick D' Aloiso, built an app for yahoo during his "spare" hours. You burn yours on FB, Instagram, 2go, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Twitter cheesy Only you? Chairman, Chairlady angry grin

4. Obsession for material things

The way some people spend sooo much time and money building their accessories empire, it's quite alarming. It's not evil to be fashionable at all. It is evil when it takes the place of other VITAL things. For example, you are working with hopes that you'll use a huge part of your salary to finance your own dream or company. She is so trendy and latest that all her hard-earned cash goes for shoes and necklaces; so people can what? At the expense and detriment of your dreams?

5. Unhealthy Comparison

This actually is a big problem especially for guys and ladies who are oblivious of the stuff they carry. You see, until you love yourself (not by saying it or updating it as a dp), you won't truly explore the Real You. You don't have Red Lips, and so what? Your legs are 'K' and not "straight" or "bow" and then? My lips aren't "structured" for kissing...stay there! You must truly accept yourself and be grateful. A psychologist once quoted, "what we think about and thank about, we bring about". Ladies, love yourselves! You're robust so because you want to feel "special", guys take advantage of you! You'll then come to NL and say, "all guys are the same" Ok na!

6. Bad Friends

I read a comment on NL from a guy who helplessly stated how tied he is to some things because his friends forced him or he wanted feel among. You reading this can also attest to the fact that some bad habits you picked up were from friends. This takes us to the last point:

7. Addictions

Addiction, they say is like a comfortable bed. You sleep on it and then find it difficult to get up.
I say it has a Snow ball effect on its prey: It takes you farther than you planned to go. It promises pleasure but offers pain.
Watch it: Call a spade a spade, not an implement of Agriculture. You've not done "it" for three days and your whole body is on fire, my bro and sis- you need God in this one! Read 1 Cor. 9:27. Go all out and free yourself. Why? They hinder the greatest of talented individuals from reaching their peaks.

Remember Eric Cantona (a drunk), MC Hammer (a waster), Ronaldinho (womanizer and party freak), Balotelli (Bad guyss)...

Addiction limit Potentials √

Conclusion: Nigeria is at the brink of a turn- around as you can see. She needs a fresh recruit of a group of young folks who 'know their onions' in various fields of life.

Are you going to be among the few of us who will rescue Nigeria from the onslaught of the 'corrupt many' and launch her to her predestined height?

It starts NOW through the decisions you're making: Follow your dreams and make your nation proud (Li Na pursued her passion for tennis and the nation of China sought her help even after she resigned)

Wake Up and Be Counted!
in olamide's voice "Story 4 the gods"
in psquare's voice "this one na story story story yeeeeeee"
@op, no matter the amount of times you indulge in this kind of topic the youths will still be youths you can go around the universities and you would see a motivational speaker,pastor coming there each and everytime to address the youth on what they pased through in their lives and they dnt want the upcoming youths to be invovled in such but still after the motivational speech/preaching you would still find some youths you preached to indulging in this acts.so its more like wastage of time people have spoken on this kind of issue on newspaper,radio,TV and still its like it hasn't been spoken about but the youths still go haywire so this question is for you OP what makes the difference in you saying yours?nothing.Can your words affect some to have a rethink?yes of course but minority in such case.even take for example in the bible not everyone that jesus preached to got saved some even doubted him,some even sought to kill him when he came to preach,some even where angry when he preached so if this happen to our Lord jesus christ who are you and again not all church goers make heaven,live by the word irrespective of what the setman(pastor) is preaching so get your facts write you can quote this your post on other forums or blogs still the same response.my 2cent
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Kazrem(m): 1:39am On Jul 23, 2015
I like that no 2.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Donpizzle(m): 1:40am On Jul 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.

Nice points..

1st Class : UNBELIEVABLE.
2.1: ACCEPTABLE.
Evn sme book-warm hardly mke 1st class.
Unless the cultist made it by the GUN(threatening lecturers).

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by mentorandfriend(m): 1:54am On Jul 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.
grin
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by sacora(f): 2:10am On Jul 23, 2015
emusmith:
Yes o. Someone once said, "Those who make news don't watch them".

Some think footballers really watch football matches. The truth is that most don't really have the time to. The greatest ones hardly do. Discipline.
u kidding? an average soccer fan don't spend half d time an elite footballer spent havin his eyes glued 2 d screen watching football clips...either that of his opponents or dat of himself to improve his performance...if you want to know wat am talking about, follow a team training procedures e.g like real madrid at valdebebas
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by biotechshola(m): 2:15am On Jul 23, 2015
if you have agreed to the fact that an average nigerian youth doesnt have dream, then why shld it bothers you if they waste time on irrelevances? what do u expect a dreamles mind to do? in my own opinion, i thnk our major chalenge is our society, if u ask an 8yrs old chld frm rch family nd another frm poor family their aspirations in life, their respnses wl differ because of whr they are comin frm..the environment has a grt infuence on visions, only few ones escape this..u gav instance of bibier, now ask urself, wat if he was an african boy who doesnt even knw wat youtube means?

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by nicholasis(m): 3:08am On Jul 23, 2015
I agree with you but not totally...
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by AreaFada2: 3:27am On Jul 23, 2015
You try sha.

Nigeria at a point of turn-around, that na story.
I heard it in 1979. Same in 1983.
The same "snai baba" you all now hope on came and he too failed to even garner support of his underlings for more than 20 months.

In 1999, same yarn. Let's tell ourselves the bitter truth.

Please just let the youth understand that they are on their own!

No help, support or turn-around from anywhere. Except your parents are well off. The more reason they should fasten their belts for the rough ride ahead.

Shikena.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by MattChidi(m): 3:42am On Jul 23, 2015
Great salient points and good observations. I also wanna commend on your perceived solutions to this menace plaguing us. It's time for reorientation of the Nigerian youths mind. It's high time we become innovative, creative and productive. Atleast be a blessing to this world and better humanity instead of being those that makes is worse. I still believe in Nigeria and we can make it better!

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by justmenoni: 4:25am On Jul 23, 2015
grin grin angry grin you ke ;Du Fon give us scope to make sure of keeping u away from ftc and hey miss are u in anyway part of the youth's that op just mentioned above?

INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by williams368(m): 5:14am On Jul 23, 2015
@ OP u need to update ur sense of reasoning. Ur brain needs flashing. Poverty is really affecting ur life.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by emmabest2000(m): 5:16am On Jul 23, 2015
Say the truth the said guy was ur boyfriend then

Nice points..

FTC on emusmith's thread grin grin[/i][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Richmond996: 5:22am On Jul 23, 2015
This post is just trash.
An average Nigerian wants and would love to succeed but when you look around you, the environment is not even encouraging
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Galacious1: 5:23am On Jul 23, 2015
INTROVERT:

Am in pains now.
u be star na
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Galacious1: 5:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Richmond996:
This post is just trash.
u're wrong, sir! This is one of the best posts i've read on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:34am On Jul 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Am in pains now.
Sorry dearie
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by redcliff: 5:35am On Jul 23, 2015
emusmith:
Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In.

Popularly quoted; "The future belongs to those who have, believe and pursue their dreams".
It's no doubt there are very many young folks today without a dream.
Some whose parents are well-to-do have decided to "enjoy" the lives till "Jesus comes".

The hazard that brings is usually colossal, enormous and prodigious.

The Average Nigerian boy or girl has no dream and I stand to be corrected.

The Justin Bieber (a Jew) they're celebrating and dying for, in his early teens, discovered his gift of singing and took deliberate and difficult steps in recording and updating them on YouTube. The rest is history...

The crux of this thread is; SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS INDULGE IN ALL KINDS OF THINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NO DREAM.

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

Looking up the FP, I saw how 12 "angels" were arrested for lesbianism and cultist practices. Why? Religion is NOT the opium of the masses; Deception is. Any religion that deceives, kills or threatens is a cultist group! Why can't these cultist groups quit threatening these little ones already?
Am I speaking over someone's head? Cultism isn't a far-fetched word anymore o...it is beginning to gain popularity at all levels. From music stars to secondary school children. Na was sha o sad

2. Immorality

I can say this anywhere, "people whose lives and happiness depend on sex hardly make any reasonable AND lasting contribution to life". If you hear a guy or girl say, "I can't live a week without sex", just know that the problem isn't the sex; it's like a food chain. There is a primary problem- Lack of SELF DISCIPLINE. You know how irreplaceably indispensable and consequential discipline is to be successful in any endeavor. Sometimes, I say, "sex is a poor man's hobby". [Opinion mine]

3. Social Media

As vital as hooking up with friends is, it doesn't make any sense from a proper vantage point. I was with a lady one time and the way she was like, "wow, I am so excited! I chatted with most of my primary, secondary and university friends on FB". I almost asked, what were you guys discussing? How much time do you give to social media? What of your dreams? Your aspirations? There is no such thing as "spare time". Nick D' Aloiso, built an app for yahoo during his "spare" hours. You burn yours on FB, Instagram, 2go, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Twitter cheesy Only you? Chairman, Chairlady angry grin

4. Obsession for material things

The way some people spend sooo much time and money building their accessories empire, it's quite alarming. It's not evil to be fashionable at all. It is evil when it takes the place of other VITAL things. For example, you are working with hopes that you'll use a huge part of your salary to finance your own dream or company. She is so trendy and latest that all her hard-earned cash goes for shoes and necklaces; so people can what? At the expense and detriment of your dreams?

5. Unhealthy Comparison

This actually is a big problem especially for guys and ladies who are oblivious of the stuff they carry. You see, until you love yourself (not by saying it or updating it as a dp), you won't truly explore the Real You. You don't have Red Lips, and so what? Your legs are 'K' and not "straight" or "bow" and then? My lips aren't "structured" for kissing...stay there! You must truly accept yourself and be grateful. A psychologist once quoted, "what we think about and thank about, we bring about". Ladies, love yourselves! You're robust so because you want to feel "special", guys take advantage of you! You'll then come to NL and say, "all guys are the same" Ok na!

6. Bad Friends

I read a comment on NL from a guy who helplessly stated how tied he is to some things because his friends forced him or he wanted feel among. You reading this can also attest to the fact that some bad habits you picked up were from friends. This takes us to the last point:

7. Addictions

Addiction, they say is like a comfortable bed. You sleep on it and then find it difficult to get up.
I say it has a Snow ball effect on its prey: It takes you farther than you planned to go. It promises pleasure but offers pain.
Watch it: Call a spade a spade, not an implement of Agriculture. You've not done "it" for three days and your whole body is on fire, my bro and sis- you need God in this one! Read 1 Cor. 9:27. Go all out and free yourself. Why? They hinder the greatest of talented individuals from reaching their peaks.

Remember Eric Cantona (a drunk), MC Hammer (a waster), Ronaldinho (womanizer and party freak), Balotelli (Bad guyss)...

Addiction limit Potentials √

Conclusion: Nigeria is at the brink of a turn- around as you can see. She needs a fresh recruit of a group of young folks who 'know their onions' in various fields of life.

Are you going to be among the few of us who will rescue Nigeria from the onslaught of the 'corrupt many' and launch her to her predestined height?

It starts NOW through the decisions you're making: Follow your dreams and make your nation proud (Li Na pursued her passion for tennis and the nation of China sought her help even after she resigned)

Wake Up and Be Counted!

I think its high time you de activated your nairaland account because you are just posting trash. for what reason should cultism be on the list?
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by megawax8: 5:44am On Jul 23, 2015
nuelski10:
Lies....im a Nigerian youth and I'm 16,i don't engage in any of all those s.hit.The only i gotta say is get real and pls don't generalise undecided
Bagayaro

You are 16? Please, you should thank the op for this piece and appreciate it. There's still PLENTY time for you to do all that written in the post. You being 16 doesn't make any difference. At sixteen I was so many things, had much passion for being a priest in the Catholic Church but a decade later, do I claim to be as pure and innocent as I was back then? I'm still a youth.

Its our tomorrow, let's try to make it better and not the pessimistic bunch that keeps judging with sentiments

Preach bro, preach!
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by mrkings84(m): 5:51am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:
.... So because u r in ph and according to u al youths in ph belong to one cult or d orda makes al nigerian youths cultist? ..... Now i see who lacks knowledge here, if i may ask how many nigerian states have u visited and u notice dat cultist is wat d youths go into? .....how many western states have u visited? How many northern states have u visited? How many eastern states have u visited? U have not been out of ph since u were born, and u come here to tell us trash . . . I pity u for ur lack of knowledge

U silly folk, can't u waka pass if u think wat d mode say don't concern u? Mr bad belle!!!
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by galantjoe(m): 6:18am On Jul 23, 2015
why in every advice to youth sex must be included as most immoral act.

no be so. sex is normal act that keep the mind busy. it is healthy and encouraging to have good sex. it is because people blackmail sex that rape is rampant which supposes not be.

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Eleniyan15: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2015
I laff in Pakistan...........
you can still do all this F.and become a successful G
just do the right thing @ the right time.
you forgot to include nairaland also
cos sum pple on dis platform they have finally bcum something else, I hop say make any user no cross Ma lane...*winks
I dash you 40% op
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Goodgate111(f): 6:19am On Jul 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:

what point re u tryn to make? Dt is sum1s opinion, u were NT asked to agree or disagree. If it appeals to u, den tak it, if not kip mute wt ur 1st class story.

Nice points..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community / Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / Fan, Woofer, Mounted Ipad In A Keke Napep In Surulere, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.