Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? (1119 Views)

Father, Mother And Their Five Daughters Stun At An Event (Photos) / It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by nurexfutmx(m): 6:55am On Jul 22, 2015
I don't know the right section to post this, i just decided to post it here.

I was having a small argument with my sister and uncle, i said it is impossible for a matured person (like from 25years and above) to remember events when he/she was around 5years old. But they told me it's lie, that it is even possible for someone to remember things when one is as young as 3yrs old, my uncle went on and say he can remember his first day at school, he was around 4-5yrs old as at then, my sister said she remember the day she clbrted her 4yrs birthday.

Am wondering, is it that i don't have a sharp memory or am wrong about the motion that someone cannot remember the occurence at the age of 3-6yrs of old. But if it was 8-10yrs old now i can agree cos i can remember my pry4, 5 and jss1 days vividly.

N.B: mind you, am talking about vivid remembrance bot just faint memory.
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by kiowy(m): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2015
I Can
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:24am On Jul 22, 2015
I can remember mine vividly smiley
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by Jamean(f): 7:30am On Jul 22, 2015
Yes, vividly. Some memories are photographic and stick forever.

I remember clearly when I was exactly 2years and a month old and we were relocating. I stood behind the driver all through the journey singing;

This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by funlord(m): 7:44am On Jul 22, 2015
grin
Why not?
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by kinglekan: 7:57am On Jul 22, 2015
[b]
The brain is a very complex structure and there are many areas where it stores memories. The hippocampus and the pre-frontal lobes are one of the areas for storage.

The pre-frontal lobes is used for short term memory and other functions, while the hippocampus is used for storing long term memories.

There are also two qualities of memory: Explicit and Implicit. The capacity for explicit reaches reaches full capacity at around three years of age. This is the kind of memory that is responsible for consciousness and enables us to tell a story that makes sense of what happened.

So scientifically it is possible to have vivid images of certain experiences that happened to us as far back as age 3. But most times these experiences are tied to an emotion. Its either a very happy one or most times one riddled with fear and other negative emotions.

Check the link below for more information. Also try checking up on types of memory and especially the hippocampus.

Source: [url=nospank.net/grille5.htm]What Your Child Remembers[/url]

Cc: Nurexfutmx
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by charijee(f): 11:36am On Jul 22, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
I can remember mine vividly smiley
What happened
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2015
charijee:
What happened

Plenty things grin
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jamean:
Yes, vividly. Some memories are photographic and stick forever.

I remember clearly when I was exactly 2years and a month old and we were relocating. I stood behind the driver all through the journey singing;

This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. cool

Singing with your cleanly shaved moromoro head that was shining like the sun at noon day abi? day I remember that day. You know I carried you when you were little. tongue
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by Jamean(f): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
Scrypt:

Singing with your cleanly shaved moromoro head that was shining like the sun at noon day abi? day I remember that day. You know I carried you when you were little. tongue

Bad belle is allowed. cheesy I made hair all through my childhood (flaunts dreads) tongue
@ carried me undecided
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jamean:

Bad belle is allowed. cheesy I made hair all through my childhood (flaunts dreads) tongue
@ carried me undecided

Ha! You were too little now how could you have remembered. I carried you now, are you denying it? angry
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by NifemiOlu(m): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
So sharply.
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by tpiadotcom: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
Who wants to know, as usual
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by Jamean(f): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
Scrypt:

Ha! You were too little now how could you have remembered. I carried you now, are you denying it? angry

I dinor remember, you are hereby denied. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by charijee(f): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Plenty things grin
Just one silly thing pls grin
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
charijee:
Just one silly thing pls grin

Running around butt nakid grin
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by charijee(f): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Running around butt nakid grin
Naughty from sand grin grin
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
charijee:
Naughty from sand grin grin

Kikikikikikikikikikiki grin grin
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by Teeboy15(m): 11:06am On Jul 23, 2015
Op which kind subject title b dat na?
Oya correct am sharp sharp before I call 'gbagaun' police cm arrest u
Re: Can Someone Remember An Event That Occured When He/she Was 5years Of Age? by jahlove4jah: 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
Special events can be remembered. I was 5yrs when my uncle wedded. Though I can't remember every details, I remember the uniform mummy made for me and my immediate elder brother.

(1) (Reply)

Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? / Advice! / Why Do People From The South Tend To Live O.Y.O. Lifestyle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.