Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here (8975 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 / Nairaland Writers Collaboration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by sugabelle: 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2009
ahm in, puhleese (american english). But i hope there's copyright for anything we intend to write here. I see many pple on this lit thread posting some cool poems, rhymes, stories and u wonder, what if someone is making use of their ideas without their knowledge? anyway, anything that will exercise my brain, i'm in.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by taibatfash(f): 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2009
a bunch of silly, unserious people is what i think, but by one month and i see somethng serious then i will join. i am a self-published author with a book in the market. if you guys are serious, then you need to really think it through, cherio people, undecided
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by smile11s(m): 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2009
sugabelle:

ahm in, puhleese (american english). But i hope there's copyright for anything we intend to write here. I see many pple on this lit thread posting some cool poems, rhymes, stories and u wonder, what if someone is making use of their ideas without their knowledge? anyway, anything that will exercise my brain, i'm in.

I feel you, I do think same,

I write a lot and i find it hard to post my works on online forums because of copyright.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Joan4427(f): 12:51am On Apr 13, 2009
Writers hone their skill and improve by reading others works and by writing all the time.

It might be a good idea to form a union like Crazy suggested, but why don't we start by viewing and critiquing some of the already posted works of some of us here on the forum?

If everyone is waiting for someone to start, then I will.

I have posted an excerpt from a new novel titled "FEDDIE GIRL (An Adventure/Thriller set in Nigerian Federal School)" in the 'Writers: Post your stories, Poems, Scripts, etc for review' thread. I'd really appreciate some serious feedback on this piece.

So, lets start and go from there. That way, the critics amongst us can really see how serious we are with wanting to form a mutually beneficial union/group for Nairaland Writers.

Thanks!!!
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2009
Am also a good writer if you have need articles daily i can be writing it for you if you need any act of writing just inform me waleisa50@yahoo.com or isal3@yuurok.com or 0703206416
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by mykel5(m): 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2009
well think its cool. at leasty aspiring wrters like me could meet those who have been in d game 4 long. im in. Hook me up once its on. 07056183732 cool cool cool
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2009
Am out! wink
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by dgreatrock(m): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
i have authored a couple of books, on prayers, quizes and church history. If you need me send me a ymail.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2009
Am out! wink
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by hollerb(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2009
hi, nairalanders. I can see how interested you guys are on writing. It's such a nice idea. I'm a publisher, working on a new magazine. the magazine is focused on empowering Nigerian youth for a better tommorrow. The magazine will cover areas like religion, academics, finance, entertainment, relationship and many more. Interested persons can hook up with me on hollerbhodeh4edu@yahoo.com or 2348069256914 for more details.
Stay cool, LIFE CHANGERS
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Ifez: 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2009
Redfox:

@am alone
cant u make a clear distinction between word pronunciation and word spelling.i think u are embarrasing yourself a little bit.retrace your steps please.

Perfect example of how this group will critique people's work? Lol! No offense!
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Ifez: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2009
Am Alone:

I was just kidding. . . grin
But Guy abeg you no fit tell me about English Language or word pronounsation oooo
except I no know. You no go fit come tell me say work na werk
because I don listern to the Americans and Britians their English, atleast over and over again
Work and Wek for me is right.
And also i was just being me. But no go there. wink

Dont you get it?
. . . .28 countries and counting. . .  kiss
Am Alone:

And also I kno say wetin we Nigerians dey speak no be real English jus like every Africa Country,  LoL

Great examples of what to expect? What happened to respect for fellow authors no matter how bad their writing is? Lol!
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Ifez: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2009
taibatfash:

a bunch of silly, unserious people is what i think, but by one month and i see somethng serious then i will join. i am a self-published author with a book in the market. if you guys are serious, then you need to really think it through, cherio people,  undecided

Taibatfash:

FYI, self-published books are not regarded as real published books in the literary world. Reviewers, readers, agents, and traditional publishers will not touch your book if they know it is self published--especially if your book has no associated ISBN, SAN, LCCN, Copyright, etc. The general consensus is, self-published books are riddled with numerous grammatical and formatting errors and are not worth the exorbitant prices the author asks for them.

Honestly, any serious writer (esp fiction) will not publicly admit to going the route of self-publishing. It immediately 'brands' you and your work as woeful failures. Unfortunate, but true.

NB: I'm not judging your work, just tellin' you what's going on out there.
Also, you being a self acclaimed published author, I'd expect you to edit your own post before laying it out for public scrutiny. Things like this tell readers what to expect from your published book. If you can't even take the time to edit and correct your post of a few sentences, how much more a whole book of at least 40,000 words?
Just food for thought!
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by iniguy(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2009
Hey nairalanders, u've been waiting for me! alright im in! lets begin. Lets take something simple like OUT OF THIS WORLD, its the typical grass to grace story. Crazy kid gives a sample of chapter 1, Joan takes does the same, i'll do same. Evry other person does same. We'll post our drafts &
select the best as our chapter 1. subsequent chapters follow 4rm the story line in chapter 1. What do you think? iniobong4u2001@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Joan4427(f): 11:24pm On May 08, 2009
Hey everyone,

While going through this thread, I realized something. Nairaland has many TALENTED WRITERS that are going to waste!!!!

This is so sad but it doesn't have to be the case.

Okay look at it this way. There are obviously many experienced and talented writers with novel-length manuscripts on their hands that are looking for trust-worthy publishers. Now, what if we form a panel of novel judges that are delegated to collect submitted manuscripts and sift through them, and come up with like 6-12 of the best every year, [/b]then let [b]all nairalanders vote for the best 3 they would like to see in print. [/b]Then we delegate a book publisher to publish these books and make them [b]available to members of Nairaland at publishers rate?

Meanwhile, the authors of the chosen novels get their royalties per copy of the book sold!!!!

What do you guys think? Seun and the other executives will have to be involved of course and Nairaland will also receive a royalty from each book sale as the referrer. That royalty can go towards maintaining the forum, etc.

There are more than 350,000 registered Nairalanders [/b]and new members sign-up everyday. This will be a good way to leverage the two most important things we have on this forum: [b]Talented writers, and readership base.

Think about it!!! What do you all think

I'm in the book publishing business, and I'm sure we can swing this. For e.g. see FEDDIE GIRL by Nona David coming to Bernard Books Publishing this July http://bernardbooks.com

Nairaland writers union (NWU)

If you are interested in joining up, please e-mail me at the address below. Thanks

Joan Peck (Book Publicist)
Bernard Books Publishing
http://bernardbooks.com
[email]joan.peck@bernardbooks.com[/email]
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by senderos(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2009
i think its anice idea. yeah! i'm in, lets do it together and lets see how it work.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Joan4427(f): 2:17pm On May 11, 2009
Hey people!

All talk and no action will get us nowhere!

Please, e-mail me at the address below if you are interested in the proposal I presented and want to join the union.

Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)

Also, how do I get ion touch with Seun? If we have enough writers signing on, we should be able to catch Seun's interest with our pitch.

Thanks!

Joan Peck (Book Publicist)
Bernard Books Publishing
http://bernardbooks.com
[email]joan.peck@bernardbooks.com[/email]
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by dobzzy(f): 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2009
I just joined nairaland. What's the latest on this group? Any info I should know about? Am intersted. Studied Mass Communication in school. Would be able to edit and proof-read materials.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by dobzzy(f): 1:58pm On Jul 17, 2009
Comtact me @ dobzzy@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by vittorio: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2009
not bad.i'm not exactly a grade 'A' writer,bt i hope u guys might make me into some thing lyk that.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by vezycash(m): 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2009
vittorio:

not bad.i'm not exactly a grade 'A' writer,bt i hope u guys might make me into some thing lyk that.

I have something for you do mail me at vezyads @ gmail DOT com or leave your email address here.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by Turiano(m): 6:00pm On Jul 17, 2009
Guys count me in,i'm an upcomin writter,i hve written sme couple of books yet 2 b published.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by dolawise: 11:07am On Jul 24, 2009
It is a good idea you have there. Well done.
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by oreoluwa(f): 12:59am On Jul 25, 2009
yessssssssss oh! we r hereeeeeeeeeeeeeee cheesy
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by ebonyking: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hi guys,

I am a public speaker & and is presently working on my first book which is a small business guide which exposes the reader on how to generate/develop profitable business idea(s) but my greatest nightmare is how to get it into the market.

Any useful tips will be appreciated
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by maedan(f): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2009
What ever this is about, I'm in. Just who's in charge though? Hope it gets organised soon, 'tis a good idea! cool
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by aslan333: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2009
would like to meet other writers on NL too, my email id is lyric962000@yahoo.com
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by 007malaika(m): 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2009
hi am oo7malaika, i will love to join ur union so how do we start by comingtogether and creating a meeting time online.xpecting to read from u soonest. u can reach me via my email-adebayoojo25@yahoo.com and my cell no-08038457947
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by stevedslek(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
This is announcing a writing workshop to hold for all interested people here starting 10th august and by God its gonna be cool and free for all, come one come all
Re: Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here by oritameta(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2009
Writers can publish their articles, short stories, reviews and much more at planetprose.

An online article directory.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cold But Charmin / Stuck With Mr Popular / Chigozie Obioma “An Orchestra Of Minorities" For 2019 Broker Prize Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.