Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,704 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

For Those Interested In Music Production - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For Those Interested In Music Production (12362 Views)

Capable And Professional Music Producer Needed In Music Studio / Anyone Serious About Building Your Talent, Skill Or Career In Music NEED THIS! / Meaning Of EP In Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by fubbyy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
RickRichards:

True. Most of the top guys use Logic Pro for production and Pro Tools for mixing and mastering. Pro Tools is very good for recording live instruments, producers use it for highlife or gospel kind of beats. Pro Tools isn't the best for normal midi-based productions though. Logic and other DAWs are more flexible.
which means I rather switch to Logic than reason because I want to take this to a big level
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
fubbyy:
which means I rather switch to Logic than reason because I want to take this to a big level
Yeah. Less people are using Reason these days.
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by fubbyy(m): 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
RickRichards:

Yeah. Less people are using Reason these days.
can you please do me a favor by sending me some plugins,I seriously need them but I can't get any,bb can't download them and my pc is not online, can you send it through e mail or any means(if you have any)
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
fubbyy:
can you please do me a favor by sending me some plugins,I seriously need them but I can't get any,bb can't download them and my pc is not online, can you send it through e mail or any means(if you have any)
I use a mac. Don't have plugins for Windows.
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2015
fubbyy:
these daws you have used,can you please give me there ups and downs,what you like and hate about each of every one of them

I'm an aspiring producer,people criticize the FL we thought is the best,now I don't know which is the best
bro, if you feel comfortable with FL, I advise you stick to FL as FL is as professional as any other d.a.w I mentioned here. Its a matter of identifying with your comfort zone. However I won't advise you to use FL as a Voice Recording and processing utility because it doesn't suit the Naija kind of music and workspace(my opinion). I know a bunch of producers who make great and world standard musical compositions working with FL. You can do as well as this producers, it begins with eliminating the general nigerian "FL is for amateurs" notion and getting confident with it. As for Reason 8, one can use only propellerhead's factory approved and integrated Pluggins, and that's by activating it. You can email Propellerhead and suggest pluggins you'll like them to intergrate with and if the polls are high , chances are that they'll integrate them. As for Me, 'Reason' Is My Best and Favorite Not because Don Jazzy, or Mastercraft makes use of it ,but because its my comfort zone and I make pretty Great and professional compositions with it; u as well can use FL , and say same about it. Its also allowed to have a favorite DAW for specialized kinds of music Genres as well , for instance I tend to use cubase or sonar in stand alone or 'rewire with reason' mode for Jazz and Sometimes House music. Thank u
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2015
RickRichards:

True. Most of the top guys use Logic Pro for production and Pro Tools for mixing and mastering. Pro Tools is very good for recording live instruments, producers use it for highlife or gospel kind of beats. Pro Tools isn't the best for normal midi-based productions though. Logic and other DAWs are more flexible.
It isn't often about what The Top Guys Use, Its about starting from somewhere and creating an intimidating impression with the availables ;which is individual-relative. And more so its advisable to be adaptive,flexible and possess the ability to easily relate with any D.A.W , and this involves understanding digital Music creation from a holistic and overall perspective. Hope That helps..
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 9:39am On Aug 02, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Amateurish?? oh please ....go 2 youtube and watch videos n see how it's being done professionally

...... Or better still get a signature bundle n see the diff

If i may ask , Bro Have you ever tried buying a plug-in from Image-line store??......

Yeah it is..... Due to the level of piracy in nigeria ....

So simple .....for hipHop n pop style producers yeah...but ... Try E.D.M (electronic.Dance.music) n you'll see the diff

Bro I was just expressing thoughts of most producers I've communicated with on random bases; Somewhere in my post I think I mentioned that FL is as professional as any other D.A.W you can think of. I however render apologies for using the word 'amateurish' in terms of Voice processing and recording in FL, I think the more appropriate word would have been 'unconventional with nigerian' methods;hope you'll forgive me as I'm more of a hip.hop/pop ;hardly tried Electronic music and unfortunately , before I switched major attention from FL, I didn't try buying a pluggin from their store. As I always say; 'whatever rocks your boat'. Thanks for commenting bro.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
RickRichards:

Okay, I'll make it quick.
Well, FL studio is probably the best for beginners, but you might start sounding like every other amateur/intermediate producer if you don't know how to design your own sounds. On the other hand, the step sequencer is perfect for naija beats.
Reason is cool...I prefer the stock sounds in Reason to FL. They sound punchy, fat, and crunchy. And they work well for the West African style of music. You can't use third-party plugins in Reason 5 and below. There's Reason 8 now.
Ableton Live: Another cool DAW. Very handy for getting ideas out fast. The UI's much different to other popular DAWs. So it might take some getting used to. I personally don't like the sound engine of Live though.
Maschine: maschine is great for churning out sick beats. But it works best with the hardware. Most top producers use it in conjunction with other DAWs. I do too - with Logic.
Logic: Logic is my favorite. I just love everything about it - the GUI, the sound engine, the stock sounds, everything. You can also write notation in Logic. Logic will help you become a more thoughtful producer; not just a beatmaker. Only problem is: it only works on macintosh systems. But it's totally worth it.
I agree with you on this, although I am yet to use maschine , I still want to re-iterate that you can make 'sick beats' with any D.A.W as long as you know the right sound combination and creation techniques and you're comfortable. I agree with you on Logic Pro too, the Little times I've gone there I can testify to its excellent sound engine and User Interface. Nevertheless , what qualifies for an excellent sound engine or atmosphere is relative to individual choice.

1 Like

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
DavidGodwin:
Thanks for this, op.. pls how do I use session drummer in sonar X2 as a Vst in cubase?
kindly PM me bro.
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
fubbyy:
these daws you have used,can you please give me there ups and downs,what you like and hate about each of every one of them

I'm an aspiring producer,people criticize the FL we thought is the best,now I don't know which is the best
The problem with people and fl studio is cos of it's ease at first use.
So, when producers jump into fl studio, most of them end up learning just the basics. Then, they'll come back later to talk shît bout the Daw.
I've used Reason, Studio One, And protools and for me, Fl studio is the best among them. All you need to do is learn how it works.
I've been using Fl studio since 2011 and i still learn something new everyday.
Music grows like technology. New things are being added everyday. You just have to know how it works for you.
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Amateurish?? oh please ....go 2 youtube and watch videos n see how it's being done professionally

If i may ask , Bro Have you ever tried buying a plug-in from Image-line store??......

So simple .....for hipHop n pop style producers yeah...but ... Try E.D.M (electronic.Dance.music) n you'll see the diff

You said it all.
God bless you bro smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
There are no best Music DAws.
You can make a sick hit on Audacity grin

Whatever rocks your boat guys.
Just master your craft and learn to play at least Two Musical instruments. Don't depend solely on Software cos one day you might have to play that masterpiece to a live audience and ghen ghen... cheesy cheesy
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
Zohan:
There are no best Music DAws.
You can make a sick hit on Audacity grin

Whatever rocks your boat guys.
Just master your craft and learn to play at least Two Musical instruments. Don't depend solely on Software cos one day you might have to play that masterpiece to a live audience and ghen ghen... cheesy cheesy
Exactly
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by fnep2smooth(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
*********ATTENTION**********
WaveTop10 is an independent music chart that focus solely on upcoming artist with the view to showcase and give the artist the opportunity to be recognized and be heard around the world for free.
With the team of our expert in music and songwriting, we are going to rate your song among the Top10 songs that we believe are good but lack the popularity which will also give the artist the opportunity to be contacted by producers or record labels who wish to sponsor or promote the artist or group to fame or otherwise.
Our sole aim is to focus on artist who lack sponsors, promotion or finance to push their music career to limelight, so you are expected to Upload your songs that does not feature or collaborate with any BIG names in the music industry.
WaveTop10 are to list fresh lists of Top10 songs that we believe make the music chart for the week. So, all you have to do is keep uploading your songs every week and when your songs are finally listed. Don’t forget to share or post about it on Facebook or Twitter.
WaveTop10 is a non-profit organization, so you are not expect to pay for any slot for your songs to be on the music chart. unless you want to advertise your product, services or any upcoming events which you will have to contact us for space and cost.
WaveTop10 will always serve you better and promise to showcase the best of our upcoming stars. Follow the count down of wavetop10.com as we display the first best upcoming artist for the first time in Nigeria.

www.wavetop10.com
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
fnep2smooth:
*********ATTENTION**********
WaveTop10 is an independent music chart that focus solely on upcoming artist with the view to showcase and give the artist the opportunity to be recognized and be heard around the world for free.
With the team of our expert in music and songwriting, we are going to rate your song among the Top10 songs that we believe are good but lack the popularity which will also give the artist the opportunity to be contacted by producers or record labels who wish to sponsor or promote the artist or group to fame or otherwise.
Our sole aim is to focus on artist who lack sponsors, promotion or finance to push their music career to limelight, so you are expected to Upload your songs that does not feature or collaborate with any BIG names in the music industry.
WaveTop10 are to list fresh lists of Top10 songs that we believe make the music chart for the week. So, all you have to do is keep uploading your songs every week and when your songs are finally listed. Don’t forget to share or post about it on Facebook or Twitter.
WaveTop10 is a non-profit organization, so you are not expect to pay for any slot for your songs to be on the music chart. unless you want to advertise your product, services or any upcoming events which you will have to contact us for space and cost.
WaveTop10 will always serve you better and promise to showcase the best of our upcoming stars. Follow the count down of wavetop10.com as we display the first best upcoming artist for the first time in Nigeria.

www.wavetop10.com
nice innovative
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by fnep2smooth(m): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Mrshroud:
nice innovative
That's the street bro....
Upload your song and be heard
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by peterg3: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
ever since i got into logic pro x,i've been stuck on it.using protools to mix is alsl a way to go.but trust me,any software works,it depends on the user.

1 Like

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
peterg3:
ever since i got into logic pro x,i've been stuck on it.using protools to mix is alsl a way to go.but trust me,any software works,it depends on the user.
cool
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by fubbyy(m): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Zohan:

The problem with people and fl studio is cos of it's ease at first use.
So, when producers jump into fl studio, most of them end up learning just the basics. Then, they'll come back later to talk shît bout the Daw.
I've used Reason, Studio One, And protools and for me, Fl studio is the best among them. All you need to do is learn how it works.
I've been using Fl studio since 2011 and i still learn something new everyday.
Music grows like technology. New things are being added everyday. You just have to know how it works for you.
Cheers
thanks a lot, what do you think about making beat without keyboard(piano) how necessary is getting one because I find it difficult making melody in the FL piano roll , What do you think?

And please is any keyboard good for the starters,I know keyboards differs,some are higher but what are their differences? Is it sound quality which I don't think so because what it does is controlling the sound inside the daw

Or is it durability or what, and please which keyboard will you suggest for me because I'm about getting one

Thanks
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 4:17am On Aug 08, 2015
fubbyy:
thanks a lot, what do you think about making beat without keyboard(piano) how necessary is getting one because I find it difficult making melody in the FL piano roll , What do you think?

And please is any keyboard good for the starters,I know keyboards differs,some are higher but what are their differences? Is it sound quality which I don't think so because what it does is controlling the sound inside the daw

Or is it durability or what, and please which keyboard will you suggest for me because I'm about getting one

Thanks
You need a keyboard. Its necessary. Go for Maudio Oxygen 51 keys
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Mrshroud: 8:57am On Aug 08, 2015
Zohan:

Cool, I concur

1 Like

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Mrshroud:
I agree with you on this, although I am yet to use maschine , I still want to re-iterate that you can make 'sick beats' with any D.A.W as long as you know the right sound combination and creation techniques and you're comfortable. I agree with you on Logic Pro too, the Little times I've gone there I can testify to its excellent sound engine and User Interface. Nevertheless , what qualifies for an excellent sound engine or atmosphere is relative to individual choice.
Yeah. It's all about what works for you as an individual.

1 Like

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by fubbyy(m): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
Zohan:

thanks a lot,please what could be there differences? I mean between the M-audio and yamaha?
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 12, 2015
fubbyy:
thanks a lot,please what could be there differences? I mean between the M-audio and yamaha?
There's basically not much difference btw maudio and yamaha.
Maudio makes MIDI keyboards while Yamaha makes normal keyboards but their new products now have midi functionality.
I use a Yamaha PSR E443 for my productions. Cos i like to play the keyboard even when I'm not using my Daw which is not possible in maudio Midi keyboards cos they need your Daw to function.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Afromano: 4:48am On Oct 02, 2015
To discover how to make really cool beats, just get a laptop, headphones, and call 08134963084

2 Likes

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
i need a Tutor on music production in awka, anambra state . I already have a knowledge on fl studio. I play piano a little too. Heres my mail.. I'll pay. chibuoyimjajuruonwu@gmail.com , my number 08115452297

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by Julyveryown(m): 7:33am On Dec 27, 2016
@mrshroud @ChynoBEATS bosses, I appreciate your explanation but how can I contact you guys because I want to learn more about beat production. It is my passion. Can I get your email or telephone number

ChynoBEATS:

Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 4:03am On Dec 29, 2016
Julyveryown:
@mrshroud @ChynoBEATS bosses, I appreciate your explanation but how can I contact you guys because I want to learn more about beat production. It is my passion. Can I get your email or telephone number

+2348Zero947six7322 whatsapp only
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by gmacnoms(m): 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
My bozz uses cubase, Reason and Kontakt simultaneously kiss . He's d best. Btw way, it's not about ur DAW, it's about the musician in U. Hw cr8ive u r musically
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by boyjo: 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
Mrshroud please how can i buy original FL12?
Plus, should i buy the Producer or the signature?
Thanks.

Where can one buy the original of all these Daws you mentioned? Thanks

cc: ChynoBEATS, Zohan.
Thanks.
Re: For Those Interested In Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2018
boyjo:
Mrshroud please how can i buy original FL12?
Plus, should i buy the Producer or the signature?
Thanks.

Where can one buy the original of all these Daws you mentioned? Thanks

cc: ChynoBEATS, Zohan.
Thanks.

Well it depends on u... Cos producer version is for music producers while signature bundle is d complete software....

Go to imagelines site , they Sell it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? / (free Beat) Olamide – Motigbana (instrumental) / 2face Idibia Live Show, Best Ever In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.