Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response (22462 Views)

Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. / The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
[size=16pt]This would be my responnse...

"i believe if we keep to the standards and regulations of the governing body there wont ever be a need to lie"

And if an interviewer insists on a yes or no answer id say "No i wont since every staff must have a reputation of integrity to maintain"
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by akanbiaa(m): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Tbillz:
Was asked this very questions in my last interview. What in your own perspective is the best approach to tackling this question?

My response; my duty as an employee is to give faithful and honest service to my employer at all time. If lying for my employer will protect the organization then i will.
You can rate me and let me learn from your approach.
if you can lie for the Organisation, definitely you can lie against the Organisation. Best answer is I will try to be diplomatic as best as possible without causing damage to the Organisation and at the same time not going against morality, integrity, trust and confidence the customers have in us as agents of the Organisation.

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by MrImole: 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
no bcoz no matter what, the truth will prevail oneday.
Not everytime bro.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by bosunjohns(m): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
"I'll do everything in my power to save the Company without having to manipulate the Truth"

Simple!!

No be ya papa get company so...if them gbab u for ya lie....sorry! smiley
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by dotlanre(m): 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
Wot s a lie? Lie itself s not evil but it s a fire which can create or destroy depending on d 1 dat s using it.
;If i (as a person dat must know my customer professionally)am lying to d customer whom u knew must av known d truth somehow s destructive,it s better 2 say d truth to command respect nd trust 4 myself nd d company.
Whereby if am convinced dat he s ignorant of d facts, i wud shake nd uproot him 2 follow me on any matter i present.
Wit dis its a win-win chart.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by bosunjohns(m): 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
SimpleJetty:
This question is solely meant to test your level of integrity. Your answer should be, having meticulously gone through the core values of the organisation which no doubt was in tune with my values as a being, I believe telling lies would be detrimental to the well-being of this organisation and negates the core values of the organisation. So therefore, if faced with such dire situation, my response will be toll the part of honesty, transparency and accountability which I strongly believe will in the long run favour the organisation.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Rapunzel001: 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
jaybee3:
How can you admit to lie at an interview? Makes no damn sense

Just say something along the line of:

Integrity is embedded in every aspect of my life and i try to ensure anything that may interfere with my integrity gets circumvented by making sure i accept responsibility and re-negotiate if needed.

I strongly believe a brand with honesty, transparency and integrity as some of the core values will always receive extreme confidence and backing of the people that patronize them.

And in the process of saying dat, you realize that you are lying through your teeth abi? If na me dey do the interview, my next question go be, "So since integrity is embedded in every aspect of your life, I take it that you have never lied since your day of birth? right?
The wonderful thing about this is, an honest response would be, "Yes I've been dishonest before" while a dishonest response would be, "No I've been honest all my life"....That's the real integrity test right there.....
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nihilist: 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
It's important to know what organisation the OP was applying to, as flexibility with the truth, and a willingness to perjure even under oath are desireable and sometimes even essential traits to have in some industries.

For example, I have never met an honest politician, lawyer, or Tanoid...
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Alezy(m): 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
SimpleJetty:
This question is solely meant to test your level of integrity. Your answer should be, having meticulously gone through the core values of the organisation which no doubt was in tune with my values as a being, I believe telling lies would be detrimental to the well-being of this organisation and negates the core values of the organisation. So therefore, if faced with such dire situation, my response will be toll the part of honesty, transparency and accountability which I strongly believe will in the long run favour the organisation.
wow....luvly
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by SarahGee: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
SimpleJetty:

Walai, you get grammer for mouth no be small....well said
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by dazzlingd(m): 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
You are a liar...Big liar...you will burn in hell fire.
anybody dat lies is a potential thief. They won't employ u, you will steal the entire Company

liar!!!!!! son of satan
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
Just say yes you can, but make it a true lie
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by PrinceNwokeji: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
NO
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Precioussilas10: 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
This question can best be answered with an illustration:If i see a group of people chasing to kill my brother,if i'm in a position to point out the route he took,i'll give them the wrong direction to save his life..it's just like giving away the secret formular of your company all in the name of trying to be honest.You call it lying but i call it intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
What would be your response pelmet?
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by ababale(m): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
If they are really a credible company, an occasion shouldn't arise to lie to save the company.
Tell them u don't believe they will do anything to jeopardize their company reputation in the first place.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Skillz0355: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
my answer will be NO. As an administrator, i've learnt that business organisation must be legal, ethical and profit oriented. Thus, ethicality should be considered. No to lies.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Apex32: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
All service organisation do lies so if u thier employees cannot lie by protecting d image of ur coy that means u ar on ur own cheesy
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by smallpeepee: 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
SimpleJetty:
All dis na grammar, wer did u cram dem frm?
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by PrinceGallant: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
I was once asked in an interview if I did tell lie.

Interviewer: Do you tell lies
Me: Yes, I do tell lies but.... (I was caught short)

The interview was held in a Friday, the following week, Tuesday, to be precise I was called on phone to resume work.

After I resumed the work, my supervisor was giving me some orientation and I wore some looks of confusion, he asked me " did you attend interview" I said yes, weren't you asked so so so question and I said yes. We were employed to make mouth.

I worked in the company for like eight month before I left. Nigeria loves lies.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by hillsate: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
The question here is looking out for
1. Your level of diplomacy
2. Your on the spot decision
3. Your personal resolve

The answer that really fits here when asked if you can lie to save the company is

I will never do anything to the detriment of the company.

However it is interpreted, you have nailed it!

2 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Reference(m): 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
benikad:
Although lying is not good, but at times some one need to lie e.g Abraham in the Bible lie to save his life and God did not complain.

There is a mystery to this. And wisdom says it may not apply to everyone at any time. Be careful with this.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by 9jatatafo(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
If the company believes in lie then you can lie to save the company's image.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Generals03:
What would be your response pelmet?
never been to an interview beFore...I don't know what I'll say but in this case loyalty and integrity are very important

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
I was asked this very question during my interview at where I am currently. It was a no-brainer for me as one of the core values of the company is integrity.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by noblegrex: 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
SimpleJetty:
the question is simple. Will u lie to save d organization u represent .
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by darediamond(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
No need for lengthned high-sounding grammatical sentense in reply. No is the rigth answer.
The Coporate World needs workers they can trust because it's belived that what goes around may come around one day!!
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by donMIG(m): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
Noo..i couldn't even lie to protect myself...why start now!?
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by fidtopade: 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
Simple, if that will not cause more harm than go to the organization. I will further say in most cases you need 10 lies to cover a single one.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Hawlahscho(m): 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
Drgleave:
YES! because I love lying.

Lmao

They'll just give you d job sharpaly grin

I'd say "yes, I'll lie if it is on Mouka Foam"

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by swankylay(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
They know that an average Nigerian would lie. So at the amenities time, they testing ur honesty. As for me, I will tell them "to b honest, of It's What will save d company's name from shame, I will . I Hope u appreciate my honesty. "
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by kennynelcon(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Come and see what Toshiba CEO lies are yielding now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Projects 500,000 Jobs With Data Protection Law / Multiple Job Openings At HARPS / Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.