Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe (3466 Views)

Rice And Chicken Birthday 'Cake' Nigerian Parents Used To Celebrate Their Child / Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi / See The Nkwobi And Ugba That I Made This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe by justfarb2(f): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Sorry about the messy pot, was in a hurry to take pics cause i was serving some visitors
"Madam give me nkwobi", this is the typical thing we do when we hang out especially in the east and in my mind i have always felt it was very difficult to make until my beau and wonderful sis in law taught me how to and now i am loving it and making it but what really pushed me was when i and hubby were going out to eat nkwobi and he was like he wishes I'll just be making all those things at home, that way we won't be spending so much on it whenever we go and it really touched me...atleast he's reaching out, spme go just dey chop dey go.lol.... Nkwobi is a delicious Nigerian meal which i missed out on for a while because of my ignorance of not eating everything especially something i didn't grow up with but i am seriously coming out of that shell.....and i hope you are too...Nkwobi is just cooked cow leg or chicken mixed in spicy palm oil paste and we are going to be preparing for two or 3 people
Ingredients for Nkwobi

1kg cow leg/chicken (cut into sizeable pieces)i like my meat tiny
10cl (100ml) of fresh and delicious Palm Oil
1 tablespoon powdered edible potash (Akanwu/Kaun/Keun)
1 teaspoon of grounded Ehu seeds
2 tablespoons ground crayfish
fresh red peppers to your taste)
1 medium onion
2 big stock cubes
Salt (to taste)

About the ingredients
Cow leg is tough so if you have a pressure cooker, make sure to use it for cooking it to save time and gas/electricity. But if you have eye for... continue reading here: http://www.justfarbblog.com/2015/07/delicious-cowlegchicken-nkwobi-recipe.html

1 Like

Re: Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
Inyama :-yuck

1 Like

Re: Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe by justfarb2(f): 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
thanks for reading
onomeglo:
Inyama :-yuck

1 Like

Re: Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
justfarb2:
thanks for reading
and plz do not get offended. Eh
Re: Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe by Darkseid(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Da fuq.Looks like puke but I won't mind trying it though.
Re: Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe by Sandydayz(f): 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nkobi my crush... grin
Re: Delicious Cowleg/chicken Nkwobi Recipe by justfarb2(f): 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
thanks at sandy
Sandydayz:
Nkobi my crush... grin

(1) (Reply)

What Dont You Ever See Yourself Eating? / Guys Help, I Took Coke After Licking Mango / Are Yorubas Bad In Cooking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.