Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. (8712 Views)

Jama’atu Nasril Islam Slams NYSC For Opening Orientation Camps During Ramadan / First Class And Second Class Upper Students / Senate Has Approved NYSC (#49,800) Allawee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Ihinmi(m): 3:51am On Jul 24, 2015
golddeejay:
unilorin
I think the guy should just take it like that because in unilorin you are not sure of anything.
Any ideal when the graduating list will be out
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by boxiposhags: 6:18am On Jul 24, 2015
first you need to know NYSC is a sham. I have been there so I suggest you take an extra year while you hustle to make ends meet also get your grade and Graduate. Like a quickie sex you want at all cost if you think you would damn all consequence=2.2 when You can fix it. You will love some part of your live regretting it. My 1000000 cents
golddeejay:
He is a friend and my reading patner. He just discovered his cgpa is 3.49, the department said they cant upgrade him because he failed a course in his final yr and they have waived the course. So they cant do him two favours. He is so sad and he is contemplating to let the department leave that failed course and spend extra year. Another issue now is he is 29 and will not go for service if he spent extra year. Pls Advice!
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by tunex23: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2015
29yrs? Then he can still make it to service as long as he won't be over 30yrs then, beside unilorin is fast academically
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 9:42am On Jul 24, 2015
tunex23:
29yrs? Then he can still make it to service as long as he won't be over 30yrs then, beside unilorin is fast academically
he will be ova 30 by next may and next batch B will be arnd nxt yr nov
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by cola: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Pls analyse your decision carefully.

1. If you take the 2.2 and rush off to nysc, you would quickly realise there is nothing to it - only play and short-lived excitement. Then you might live to forever rue the missed opportunity to make a 2.1.

You will hit the labour market at 30 with a cert reading 2.2. You know the implications, don't you?

2. If you stay the extra year and give it your best shot to make 2.1, you would still hit the labour market at 30 amyway but now with a cert reading 2.1! You would live with the advantage forever.

If however, you could not make the cut in spite of staying an extra year, you would only have missed a playful nysc - with no implcation on your future endearvours. You however live with the satisfaction that you gave it your best shot.

Better a 2.1 at 35 than a 2.2 at 25 ....trust me, I should know.

Allah knows best.

3 Likes

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
oluwanoni:
Baba, abeg tell ur padi make e graduate jeje ooo..almost doesn't count, I know a lot of my colleagues with 2.2 doing great things..
Thats just what I was about to tell the boy.

1 Like

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Thats just what I was about to tell the boy.
The boy has heard
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by stancko(m): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
I think the person in question should go on with life, as fate has shown him. The certainty of his coming out with a 2.1 is vv slim. Though, most PG courses wouldn't reckon much with a 2.2, if the dude still got his dreams on track, and wanna come out strong, he could offer a PGD course of one yr to be eligible for the MA/Msc course. #GodBless
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Engrpj(m): 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
golddeejay:
He is a friend and my reading patner. He just discovered his cgpa is 3.49, the department said they cant upgrade him because he failed a course in his final yr and they have waived the course. So they cant do him two favours. He is so sad and he is contemplating to let the department leave that failed course and spend extra year. Another issue now is he is 29 and will not go for service if he spent extra year. Pls Advice!

Fiction....! how can he decide to carryover the course after senate has approved his status to be 3.49 Or is he a member of the senate

1 Like

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Acisky(m): 8:26am On Jul 31, 2015
I find your story hard to believe cuz there is no way a carry over course can increase ones G.P, if he get an A in the C.O course the G.P will remain the same but if he score a B or anything less it will reduce the GP.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Engrpj:

Fiction....! how can he decide to carryover the course after senate has approved his status to be 3.49 Or is he a member of the senate
the result was still at d fac. When dis topic was created
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
Acisky:
I find your story hard to believe cuz there is no way a carry over course can increase ones G.P, if he get an A in the C.O course the G.P will remain the same but if he score a B or anything less it will reduce the GP.
u don't take a CO course, u need to add electives to add up to 5 units per sem I think
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by cooooooks(m): 8:47am On Aug 13, 2015
Adeabi said it all.

I would advice that he goes for NYSC and gets as many certifications as affordable at NIIT or accredited online.

Then I suggest applying for both jobs and masters at the same time.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by segzyndpep(m): 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
If ur story is true u should be happy by now because senate upgrade all4.39 and all 2.39 to the next class..100% sure..so let us know whats up with u
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
segzyndpep:
If ur story is true u should be happy by now because senate upgrade all4.39 and all 2.39 to the next class..100% sure..so let us know whats up with u
I seriously doubt this,the senate is out...it is still second class lower
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Makana14(f): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hw can failing a course give someone an extra Yr, it Shud b summer exam instead.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 11:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Makana14:
Hw can failing a course give someone an extra Yr, it Shud b summer exam instead.
let me guess...is u either u don't (didnt) school here or u attend a private sch?
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Vizzim: 11:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
I'll address dis issue by putting myself in the brother shoe. Firstly, Age factor. At 29 bro,i definitely av plan now going back for extra semester will hinder my plan which can be very costly in life because they say TIME WAIT FOR NO ONE. Comparing which one is refer able to me either Nysc or another. See one can go back to school and still fail that course because we have DEVILS among MEN, so the risk is too risky in other hand going to Nysc is my option because I believe even in the sea there is a way.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by papoose999(m): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
adeabi:
without reading the content of your post I knew it would be Unilorin. I am quite familiar with the system of this school.

Before I comment on your post let me briefly share you my experience in that school.

I am/was a student of that school. Since the day I entered that school I never conceded any carry over till 500 level(1st semester) when I played with a particular 1unit course (I say 1 unit course ).I met the man in charge the course through the H.O.D, level adviser and some senior lectures but to no avail than to register the course(automatic extra year) which i did.(plus any 4 unit courses to make it 5 units)
if not because my 2.1 cgpa was very strong, I would have not been able to graduate with my 2.1.(To God be the glory B15 in my mind because i have checked my result)
I don't want to mention my department and faculty because this forum is a small world(because there was a post someone posted about Unilorin.The lecturer commented on it in the class the following day )

If i were you, i would have accepted my faith like that because of the following reasons:

(i) what is the certainty that you will graduate with that 2.1 if you spill over? because you should not have less that B's or at worst ONLY one C in the courses you register.

(ii) is it only by the grade you can make it in life?.who told you can not prove your 2.2 better than 2.1. ?

(iii) have it at back of your mind that you will waste your money, energy and your precious time.

(iv) Although, the chance of getting the job during nysc is slim but some are achieving it.token amount from Nysc will reduce burden from your parent.

My advice: You can only re-register if and only if you have someone/company awaiting you a job with 2.1 (because there are many jobless 2.1 out there) and that will serve as drive/motivation to achieve your goal-2.1.

Yoruba adage says- Ti o ba ko iwaju si o, ko ta, ti o ba ko eyin si o, ko ta, Ti o ba ku iwo nikan, ki o tun ero ara re pa.
bro is d cgpa calculatn 4 spill over studnts diff 4rm d normal stdnts
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Kristokx(m): 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
Omo immediately I heard wave I knew it was unilorin lol. Well If ur a student of unilorin then u. Knew bera ur 2.1 can't be assured plus who's even gona listen to the "I don't want the wave let me repeat the course plead when they done graduate u already funny sha my fellow better by far students know we don't always get the option of choosing
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:15am On Sep 09, 2015
I'll advice u to stay the extra year and hope for NYSC to allow u!
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Ecclesiastes(m): 1:10am On Sep 09, 2015
I knew it would be unilorin.@ they are fond of that. best thing is for him to move on coz it is even late for the dept to correct it sef. Always better by far
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by amurx(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2015
adeabi:
without reading the content of your post I knew it would be Unilorin. I am quite familiar with the system of this school.

Before I comment on your post let me briefly share you my experience in that school.

I am/was a student of that school. Since the day I entered that school I never conceded any carry over till 500 level(1st semester) when I played with a particular 1unit course (I say 1 unit course ).I met the man in charge the course through the H.O.D, level adviser and some senior lectures but to no avail than to register the course(automatic extra year) which i did.(plus any 4 unit courses to make it 5 units)
if not because my 2.1 cgpa was very strong, I would have not been able to graduate with my 2.1.(To God be the glory B15 in my mind because i have checked my result)
I don't want to mention my department and faculty because this forum is a small world(because there was a post someone posted about Unilorin.The lecturer commented on it in the class the following day )

If i were you, i would have accepted my faith like that because of the following reasons:

(i) what is the certainty that you will graduate with that 2.1 if you spill over? because you should not have less that B's or at worst ONLY one C in the courses you register.

(ii) is it only by the grade you can make it in life?.who told you can not prove your 2.2 better than 2.1. ?

(iii) have it at back of your mind that you will waste your money, energy and your precious time.

(iv) Although, the chance of getting the job during nysc is slim but some are achieving it.token amount from Nysc will reduce burden from your parent.

My advice: You can only re-register if and only if you have someone/company awaiting you a job with 2.1 (because there are many jobless 2.1 out there) and that will serve as drive/motivation to achieve your goal-2.1.

Yoruba adage says- Ti o ba ko iwaju si o, ko ta, ti o ba ko eyin si o, ko ta, Ti o ba ku iwo nikan, ki o tun ero ara re pa.
he nailed it!!!!!!
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by noblenasri(m): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
I suggest that u move on. perhaps it's for the best
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 11, 2015
In as much as i dreaded the extra year while in school, i'll just advice the young man to apply for extra semester/year. Reason being that he may need it for employment purposes, the age thing can be sorted out in court.
I empathise with him, almost got this issue but it so happened that i got a 5.0 cgpa in my 4th year so that pushed me up.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by madejobi(f): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2016
may I ask this question, can unilorin wave a failed course for final year student
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by zaynab9876: 11:39am On Feb 03, 2016
I know som1 once in his shoes... I advise e use an extra semester... Instead of a year
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
madejobi:
may I ask this question, can unilorin wave a failed course for final year student
sure, they do esp if d failed course is frm ur dept.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Peek Into Groups Found In Nysc Orientation Camp And Their Advantages / Are Banks Witholding NYSC Allowance? / Suggest Possible Changes To The NYSC Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.